11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#4 Lewis County @ #1 CPA

#3 Camden @ #2 Cascade

#2 Creekwood hosts #3 Page

#1 Waverly hosts #4 Giles County

Last night was two great games. All the kids looked exhausted by the end of the night. I hope everyone has safe travels and is successful in the Region this weekend.

Those were two great games.. My wife and I enjoyed them both...Waverly and Creekwood was the best game I watched all season.. I understand that they both only have one senior on the teams?next year is going to be something to see from them both.

Drove down with a friend to watch this game instead of the Cheatham/Harpeth game and so glad we did. Great atmosphere other than it being about 90 degrees in the gym. The consolation game b/t Camden and Lewis was fantastic, but only set the stage for the championship. Waverly jumps out early, but CW storms back, Waverly jumps out again in 2nd half, but CW storms back again. The game could have gone either way. I didn't realize both teams were that young either. Such a game of runs and momentum shifts. The lefty post player for Waverly was just dominating and CW had no answer for him. I've seen enough of Jon Smith and Tyler Dell to know those two can flat out play. When CW made their run in the first half and Waverly was reeling big time I thought the fans beside us were going to have strokes. Dell was the catalyst for Waverly in the 1st half, he scored at will or set up teammates. The kid seems to never get fazed. Later in the game, Smith came alive and scored some big baskets. Seems he can score with ease at times. I think Waverly went like 8-8 from the line to seal it with #10 hitting 4 big free throws. Hate if for Creek Wood because they played their guts out. They have some really good players as well (Edmondson, Plunkett & #1 off the bench). Unfortunately, they will have to play CPA. If Waverly can advance to region finals then most likely they could come to Cheatham County for a sectional game. I would love to see that game. I would probably give Cheatham the edge, but you never know. Where is the region tournament at? 

Drove down with a friend to watch this game instead of the Cheatham/Harpeth game and so glad we did. Great atmosphere other than it being about 90 degrees in the gym. The consolation game b/t Camden and Lewis was fantastic, but only set the stage for the championship. Waverly jumps out early, but CW storms back, Waverly jumps out again in 2nd half, but CW storms back again. The game could have gone either way. I didn't realize both teams were that young either. Such a game of runs and momentum shifts. The lefty post player for Waverly was just dominating and CW had no answer for him. I've seen enough of Jon Smith and Tyler Dell to know those two can flat out play. When CW made their run in the first half and Waverly was reeling big time I thought the fans beside us were going to have strokes. Dell was the catalyst for Waverly in the 1st half, he scored at will or set up teammates. The kid seems to never get fazed. Later in the game, Smith came alive and scored some big baskets. Seems he can score with ease at times. I think Waverly went like 8-8 from the line to seal it with #10 hitting 4 big free throws. Hate if for Creek Wood because they played their guts out. They have some really good players as well (Edmondson, Plunkett & #1 off the bench). Unfortunately, they will have to play CPA. If Waverly can advance to region finals then most likely they could come to Cheatham County for a sectional game. I would love to see that game. I would probably give Cheatham the edge, but you never know. Where is the region tournament at? 

Spring Hill

I'm familiar with both Waverly and Creek Wood teams. And yes they are both young. Creek Wood being the youngest. #10 for Waverly is the only senior. Smith, Dell, post and #1 are juniors. For Creek Wood, Edmonson and Turpin are the only juniors. Plunkett, Cummings twins are sophomores while #1 is just a freshman. Creek Wood should be really good the next 2 years. Also they had a post player that played earlier in the year but didn't see him the last few games I've seen them play. He could have made a difference with waverlys post. Any know what happened to him?

It's a shame any either of these teams have to play cpa. As other threads have said, they clearly need to be in D2. Not an even playing field for the publics.

Any way watching the CW and Waverly Tuesday night. That game could have gone either way. A few calls were questionable at the end. But look forward to seeing this regional games. Like poster above I drove to this game instead of volunteers state (Cheatham harpeth). And glad I did.

I see where Giles struggled to beat Page the last time they played in the regular season as well. I know Page beat Fairview earlier in the year by 6-8 points. Has Page gotten better since then? Because the top 3 in 11AA beat Fairview by 30-40 points each time. I have not watched a 12-AA game all year so I really am just seeing what people think. Does the Ordwway(?) kid play for Giles? I know he has several SEC offers as a football player.

Edited by 31ballfan