Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

Well I read the posts all the time. Finally decided to chime in. I don't believe the penalties were as numerous as some you think they were. I do believe that A LOT of them came at very big moments or very inopportune times. Overall we weren't a heavily penalized team this year. We had many blown assignments and miscues that hurt us much more than any of the penalties. Botched snaps, fumbles on the QB/RB exchange, miscommunication on routes, QB and RB going opposite directions on handoffs, etc. Many of you will argue that these are all examples of poor coaching. I believe the brand new offensive system, the brand new coaching staff, and the fact the majority of these players didn't see the field last year all contributed to the mistakes that were made. I think these are all things we will see improve next year as we will be returning a TON of talent. It takes time to rebuild a program. We will be back!

Good post. I agree.

Hey I thought this thread was labeled 2014 Wildcats not about 2012 wildcats and coach blade. Let's hear what next year looks like and look forward to the future not what happened two seasons ago now.

"Roll Cats"

Good point.  I think the biggest question is at QB. Who will it be? That will determine the direction of the offense. I also worry that we will once again not have a game breaker at running back, a guy who can take it the distance against most anyone. All real good teams have a guy like that.

Higgins HATES playing QB.  He would wind up being a full time basketball player first. He is an incredible safety. Just hasn't shown it on the varsity level.

I think it will be Fadneck. The JV never practiced together. Full time varsity practice as back-ups during the week. Put Fadneck with a full time varsity line and the top receivers and he is an impressive gun slinger.

Dunbar has his place as a QB and Warrington is very good also. Next year the QB should hand the ball to backs and not make mistakes in the throwing game.  Game management will be huge. Any of the  three can handle it.

Hope the coaches are good in film room with these guys and show them the mistakes NOT to make.

Edited by OR nole

Higgins HATES playing QB. He would wind up being a full time basketball player first. He is an incredible safety. Just hasn't shown it on the varsity level.

I think it will be Fadneck. The JV never practiced together. Full time varsity practice as back-ups during the week. Put Fadneck with a full time varsity line and the top receivers and he is an impressive gun slinger.

Dunbar has his place as a QB and Warrington is very good also. Next year the QB should hand the ball to backs and not make mistakes in the throwing game. Game management will be huge. Any of the three can handle it.

Hope the coaches are good in film room with these guys and show them the mistakes NOT to make.

These are some interesting remarks...I guess it depends on how you read between the lines...just an opinion tho

Nole. I hope they don't put Higgins there. I think he is too valuable at WR and like you said will be an awesome safety. I think if he has any future beyond HS (Which I think he does, but don't wanna speak too soon on that for sure) but I think if he does it will be at S or WR, but that's just my personal opinion. I went to the Gibbs vs. OR JV game and I was impressed with Fadnek. Like you said if he gets constant reps on the varsity in practice he is gonna be really good, I think. Has a very good arm.