Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

And you two must be talking about Matt Moore, he was a track star and one of the fastest in the state. And awfully fast on the football field when he got the ball. Well ...  with or without the ball, with you two you have to say exactly what you mean.

And Scott Blade left period. Why he left doesn't matter, he's gone. Building a team somewhere else. And doing well.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

And you two must be talking about Matt Moore, he was a track star and one of the fastest in the state. And awfully fast on the football field when he got the ball. Well ...  with or without the ball, with you two you have to say exactly what you mean.

And Scott Blade left period. Why he left doesn't matter, he's gone. Building a team somewhere else. And doing well.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

You're right bounder. I'm talking about MM and it doesn't matter why Blade left. I'm not sure he had to build much there because the cupboard was loaded with some D-1 prospects buyt he will have to put his stamp on the total program for sure. I wish him well but I actually don't care much what they do, what Lavergne, does, I just care about these Wildcats!

Catswild I agree with you. The one thing He did do was eliminate the penalties, This year we had too many motion, delay and holding calls go against us. I'm ready for next year.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I think Blade was what we needed at the time and I think Gaddis what we need right now. I must ask you if you think Gaddis is the cause of our penalty increase or do you blame it on our youth. Also, do you give Gaddis credit for anything or are you like bladerunner? Your posts interest me and I'm sincere in my questions.

I don't know the cause of the penalties, just that we had a bunch this year. And you are correct we had a lot of young players. So I repeat I don't know the cause. Saw a lot of plays called in by the OC dangerously late on the 35 sec. clock.

Joe is a friend besides being coach. He has the kids coming out and getting fired up, what we need.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I don't know the cause of the penalties, just that we had a bunch this year. And you are correct we had a lot of young players. So I repeat I don't know the cause. Saw a lot of plays called in by the OC dangerously late on the 35 sec. clock.

Joe is a friend besides being coach. He has the kids coming out and getting fired up, what we need.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I just did a little quick research from newspaper clippings I saved and I found that our penalties were as follows: Game 1-20 yards and Farragut had more   Game 2-65 yards   Game 3-30 yards    Game 4-35 yards and McMinn had more     Game 5-23 yards and Gibbs had more   Game 6-55 yards and Campbell County had more     Game 7-27 yards      Game 8-35 yards and Powell had more      Game 9-25 yards and Central had more      Game 10-15 yards and Anderson County had more     Game 11-34 yards and East Hamilton had more   We averaged 33 yards in penalties per game and in 8 of the 11 games our opponent had more penalties than we did. While I would love to have no penalty yards this isn't as bad as I expected.

Well I read the posts all the time. Finally decided to chime in. I don't believe the penalties were as numerous as some you think they were. I do believe that A LOT of them came at very big moments or very inopportune times. Overall we weren't a heavily penalized team this year. We had many blown assignments and miscues that hurt us much more than any of the penalties. Botched snaps, fumbles on the QB/RB exchange, miscommunication on routes, QB and RB going opposite directions on handoffs, etc. Many of you will argue that these are all examples of poor coaching. I believe the brand new offensive system, the brand new coaching staff, and the fact the majority of these players didn't see the field last year all contributed to the mistakes that were made. I think these are all things we will see improve next year as we will be returning a TON of talent. It takes time to rebuild a program. We will be back! 

Edited by RidgeFan61