Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

From what I have seen- he looks to be a RB/Receiver..  But I have only seen him in the games. I have heard that Fadnek My be the guy at QB 

I wasn't sure if Higgins had ever played QB coming up through the Boys Club. Fadnek threw the ball good in JV games but he didn't appear to be much of a running threat. I guess it depends on what Gaddis wants in a QB. Dunbar is a running threat who doesn't throw very well. Too bad the two can't be made into one guy. Am I leaving anyone out?

Higgins was QB for Robertsville when he was there, but maybe I am wrong? I'm sure someone will correct me if so. I personally think Higgins would be a awesome qb, kinda in the Randall Cunningham type mold. Could run and does throw real well, too. But, on the other hand you are taking him away from receiver where he could really be a game changer. Either way I can't wait to see how he progresses as they next few years pass. BR asked if he was the most talented frosh we have had in awhile and I would say yes, probably since Corey Booker. Higgins has a chance to be even more special I think though, especially if he puts on some added weight and muscle. Has all the tools to play at the next level.

I have seen almost every Higgins game since he was five years old. Always the best athlete on the field.  He could be the best free safety you have ever seen and I am sure he will play some defense. As far as QB, he just doesn't like it. My opinion, he has acquired a taste for open spaces and seems to just enjoy that more. He could be great at any position. I think receiver is perfect for him.

As far as QB goes - Dunbar is a great athlete. Fadneck is the gunslinger. Warrington is the better combination of runner/passer. Next years QB will hand the ball off to a STABLE of RBs. With decent protection and playcalling, I believe Fadneck is the one to put the ball in the hands of our receivers. As great of an athlete as Henderson was (at times), he didn't turn out to be very elusive (knee surgery). Manage the team, get the ball to the right players. Fadneck is my choice right now. BUT, knowing Warrington.....something makes me think he might make a huge move to the front. Lots of other guys can play LB 

Number 8 Luster should be our guy at RB.. That is coming from an Arm chair QB though.. And how can we get the ball to Higgins more? ORnole, I know you have seen the freshman a lot more than the rest of us, do you think that Higgins is the best Frosh that we have  had here in a long time?

Lived here since 01. BY FAR the best I have seen since Corey Booker. Higgins' ceiling is much higher. Very legitimate D1 athlete in two sports.

Edited by OR nole

I have seen almost every Higgins game since he was five years old. Always the best athlete on the field.  He could be the best free safety you have ever seen and I am sure he will play some defense. As far as QB, he just doesn't like it. My opinion, he has acquired a taste for open spaces and seems to just enjoy that more. He could be great at any position. I think receiver is perfect for him.

As far as QB goes - Dunbar is a great athlete. Fadneck is the gunslinger. Warrington is the better combination of runner/passer. Next years QB will hand the ball off to a STABLE of RBs. With decent protection and playcalling, I believe Fadneck is the one to put the ball in the hands of our receivers. As great of an athlete as Henderson was (at times), he didn't turn out to be very elusive (knee surgery). Manage the team, get the ball to the right players. Fadneck is my choice right now. BUT, knowing Warrington.....something makes me think he might make a huge move to the front. Lots of other guys can play LB 

Thank you nole. I completely forgot about Warrington. I like that kid. He could be the guy. Fadnek can definitely throw the ball. It depends on if Gaddis wants a running threat at QB. Thanks for the insight on Higgins. If Dunbar doesn't become the QB then I hope we can find a way to get the ball in his hands although I also hope he gets faster. I agree that we have a stable of runners but my concern is that that they are all just average. The great teams all have a great running back. I don't see that for us.

Thank you nole. I completely forgot about Warrington. I like that kid. He could be the guy. Fadnek can definitely throw the ball. It depends on if Gaddis wants a running threat at QB. Thanks for the insight on Higgins. If Dunbar doesn't become the QB then I hope we can find a way to get the ball in his hands although I also hope he gets faster. I agree that we have a stable of runners but my concern is that that they are all just average. The great teams all have a great running back. I don't see that for us.

You are right about the outstanding feature back. But titles can be won by moving the chains and protecting the ball with a big play here and there. Remember Jones will be just a junior and he improved greatly as the season progressed. He is fully aware now that dancing in the whole just doesn't cut it. Allison will be just a junior, also. Those who have seen him play are excited. He'll get you five to fifteen yards quite often. I really believe its about coaching, play calling, and developing an offensive line. QBs, backs, and receivers are good enough to score points in the play-offs. 

Jones was a sophomore, catswild. The guy is gonna be very good by the time he is a SR.

I'm just concerned like I was in the preseason and I was right. How many long TD runs did our runners make? I'm telling all of you that we won't have a great team without a great running back. West has one, Alcoa has one, Maryville has one, Henry County has more than one, Union City has one, and I'll bet you whoever wins the 2A and 4A games has one.

You are right about the outstanding feature back. But titles can be won by moving the chains and protecting the ball with a big play here and there. Remember Jones will be just a junior and he improved greatly as the season progressed. He is fully aware now that dancing in the whole just doesn't cut it. Allison will be just a junior, also. Those who have seen him play are excited. He'll get you five to fifteen yards quite often. I really believe its about coaching, play calling, and developing an offensive line. QBs, backs, and receivers are good enough to score points in the play-offs. 

Now Allison is someone I can't wait to see on Friday nights. Jones may end up being the man but Allison is a tougher runner. He reminds me of the Alcoa back I saw yesterday.