Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

The kids are working real hard to make us happy on Friday nights. If you know one of them, please sponsor them for a few bucks. If you don't know a kid, contact Coach Mullins or Coach Gaddis to see if you can "adopt" one. Tell your friends. Every little bit helps the program to become what we expect from Oak Ridge

That sounds like something I'll do.

Nole, Kasner came by last night raising money.  We talked about the the team quite a bit.  The most encouraging thing he told me was that Coach Younger is back in full control of the o-line and that the zone blocking scheme is outta here.  We are going back to an aggressive attacking assignment style of blocking.  He is very excited about this change and said the other lineman are too.  That passive zone flow left, flow right hit the first guy that shows up stuff didn't work and didn't fit our guys at all.  With Younger's scheme the kids will know exactly what their assignment is each play and will allow them to fire off and hit people.  No more wristbands, They're outta here. thanks goodness for that.  The first group of lineman should be pretty good: Kazner, Hale, Chapman, Fleming, Roach and Waddell at TE.  

I'm also looking forward to some of the position changes like Warmbroad to end, Luster to LB, Mitchell to corner, Bonds and Kazchoa to safety.  Also, I have been told not to count out Warrington at qb.  Both he and Logan are working hard and progressing nicely.  

This year is really going to be alot of fun.  I can't wait.  

Nole, Kasner came by last night raising money.  We talked about the the team quite a bit.  The most encouraging thing he told me was that Coach Younger is back in full control of the o-line and that the zone blocking scheme is outta here.  We are going back to an aggressive attacking assignment style of blocking.  He is very excited about this change and said the other lineman are too.  That passive zone flow left, flow right hit the first guy that shows up stuff didn't work and didn't fit our guys at all.  With Younger's scheme the kids will know exactly what their assignment is each play and will allow them to fire off and hit people.  No more wristbands, They're outta here. thanks goodness for that.  The first group of lineman should be pretty good: Kazner, Hale, Chapman, Fleming, Roach and Waddell at TE.  

I'm also looking forward to some of the position changes like Warmbroad to end, Luster to LB, Mitchell to corner, Bonds and Kazchoa to safety.  Also, I have been told not to count out Warrington at qb.  Both he and Logan are working hard and progressing nicely.  

Thank the Lord!!! No more zone blocking...Whew.

Don't forget Verner on the line. I think he will start on the line somewhere.

Thank the Lord!!! No more zone blocking...Whew.

I'm not the person with the most knowledge of zone blocking versus other blocking ideas but I do know that the top NFL, college, and area high school teams use zone blocking as their primary way to block. Be careful what you wish for. I personally don't care how we block our opponents just as long as we block them.

That has the makings of a LARGE group. It doesn't make us good but it does make us LARGE!