Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

I kinda wondered where everybody went. Course it's good not to have to see all the badmouthing.

I would rather see us disappear than go on and on about Pacman Jones. Mentioning him is one thing but it turned into something that I didn't think would ever go away. I'm sure it made us look pretty stupid but what's new. There's got to be something about our team we could be talking about....like our lack of speed.  LOL

I would say going on and on about the lack of speed makes 'us' look pretty stupid as well.

I would agree with you, the qualifier that the LOL meant that I was attempting to interject some humor into the statement. But I will add that the "lack of speed" issue is at least about the Oak Ridge team, and while that may be stupid, it wouldn't be as stupid as talking on and on about Pacman Jones, unless he is somehow playing for Oak Ridge.

talking about the lack of speed -when it does not make a difference- makes no sense to me.. But I am sure  that the rest  on here agree with you.  

To the contrary, which I'm sure that you really know, most people on here actually disagree with me on this issue. When you say it doesn't make a difference, I disagree with you. Speed is a very important part of any team, especially football. Why do you think the colleges recruit speed? But I'm not really wanting to get into this issue again. My post was in jest, that's why I said LOL. People tire of my rants about our guys not having breakaway speed, so I don't bring it up much anymore.

When you ask about speed do you mean 40 times or big play ability. I remember when stationed in Jacksonville a player named Peter Warrick played HS football and probably ran high 4.7 but didn't get caught cause he could cut at same speed he was running.  OR has speed. Most teams they played had 2 safeties so It's tough to get big runs. But they did have big runs where the player didn't get caught. The Rowe kid was fast (I know he's moved). Jones has good speed but sometimes hesitates due to youth at the position, Higgins, Mitchell, and Bonds have home run capabilities. The new kid from Maryville seems to have it along with Allison. So they have field speed offensively.

When you ask about speed do you mean 40 times or big play ability. I remember when stationed in Jacksonville a player named Peter Warrick played HS football and probably ran high 4.7 but didn't get caught cause he could cut at same speed he was running.  OR has speed. Most teams they played had 2 safeties so It's tough to get big runs. But they did have big runs where the player didn't get caught. The Rowe kid was fast (I know he's moved). Jones has good speed but sometimes hesitates due to youth at the position, Higgins, Mitchell, and Bonds have home run capabilities. The new kid from Maryville seems to have it along with Allison. So they have field speed offensively.

Man I really hate to get involved in this conversation because I get ripped every time I state my opinion, but it sure beats talking about Pac Jones and my skin is thick! LOL.. Your question is a good one. I know our team has pretty good speed. I'm talking about a back or receiver who is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball due to his speed. A guy the defense has to worry about and plan for. I don't think we have such a guy. South Doyle does. Maryville did for four years in a row. I think back to long runs for TDs against us last year and the lack of long runs for TDs that we made (I don't remember any other than Rowe).

Man I really hate to get involved in this conversation because I get ripped every time I state my opinion, but it sure beats talking about Pac Jones and my skin is thick! LOL.. Your question is a good one. I know our team has pretty good speed. I'm talking about a back or receiver who is a threat to go the distance every time he touches the ball due to his speed. A guy the defense has to worry about and plan for. I don't think we have such a guy. South Doyle does. Maryville did for four years in a row. I think back to long runs for TDs against us last year and the lack of long runs for TDs that we made (I don't remember any other than Rowe).

I am not going to talk about Butch's son Pac Man. But I will talk about Janzen Jackson if you want to.