Oak Ridge 2014

OR nole

My take on Gaddis during his post-OR career is that he seems to seek out a challenge. I bet that's part of the appeal in him coming back. This is not the same OR that he left. My money is on OR returning to prominence in the area but I'm not sure how long it will take.

Well the Cats looked pretty tough today in a 7v7 scrimmage vs Catholic. I believe we scored 11 or 12 times against them and only allowed 5 td's. The defense had several picks as well. Fadnek was on today throwing for 8 td's and the receivers really stepped it up making some big time catches.

My take on Gaddis during his post-OR career is that he seems to seek out a challenge. I bet that's part of the appeal in him coming back. This is not the same OR that he left. My money is on OR returning to prominence in the area but I'm not sure how long it will take.

Maryville is a Machine. There is really no one in the area at this time to challenge them. Maybe in West Tn. But not here. I am not so sure that we will get there by the  time Gaddis retires. I sure hope that I am wrong.   

Well the Cats looked pretty tough today in a 7v7 scrimmage vs Catholic. I believe we scored 11 or 12 times against them and only allowed 5 td's. The defense had several picks as well. Fadnek was on today throwing for 8 td's and the receivers really stepped it up making some big time catches.

From what I saw Warrington also looked good.  I don't see a difference in the 2 QBs. 7v7s don't really mean anything.  All things change with pads. Scrimmages (Maryville) will tell a lot when the QB has to make quick decisions and scramble.  Not sure who will handle the pressure better. 

Who were the top receivers?  Hard to tell without #s.

From what I saw Warrington also looked good.  I don't see a difference in the 2 QBs. 7v7s don't really mean anything.  All things change with pads. Scrimmages (Maryville) will tell a lot when the QB has to make quick decisions and scramble.  Not sure who will handle the pressure better. 

Who were the top receivers?  Hard to tell without #s.

Warrington did look good as well, hit his receivers and moved the ball down the field. As usual Tee stepped up and made some good catches along several others like Brandon Bonds, Jamiah Hall, J. Jones, Ted Mitchell. Jordan Dunbar. I'll agree with you to a point on 7v7 games but the QB still has to make quick decisions and the receivers have to run crisp routes and catch balls and that's with or without pads. Now when you've got a D lineman running down your throat that's were the difference is and that's when we'll be able to tell who will step up and make those quick and correct decisions.

Maryville is a Machine. There is really no one in the area at this time to challenge them. Maybe in West Tn. But not here. I am not so sure that we will get there by the  time Gaddis retires. I sure hope that I am wrong.   

They are a machine but my point is that we don't compete with them. I just hope he can bring us back to prominence. I don't think he came back here to retire anytime soon. What I mean by prominence is to be back in the state title conversation every year, or at least most years. People don't think of us like that anymore. What happened?

I didn't even know we had a 7 on 7 today. How did I miss that one? I couldn't have gone anyway but I didn't even know it was scheduled.

They are a machine but my point is that we don't compete with them. I just hope he can bring us back to prominence. I don't think he came back here to retire anytime soon. What I mean by prominence is to be back in the state title conversation every year, or at least most years. People don't think of us like that anymore. What happened?

We really need to beat Farragutless------- Campbell county and AC. We need to start there. I wish that I knew what happened-But we should have had the title in 2005. But we just did not have a Coach.

We really need to beat Farragutless------- Campbell county and AC. We need to start there. I wish that I knew what happened-But we should have had the title in 2005. But we just did not have a Coach.

I agree. Beating Farragut allows us the chance to have a great regular season. I'm a little worried about that with an unproven QB but I think theirs graduated too. Campbell County has a lot returning but we just can't lose to them again. AC has Fox back and I think they'll be tough again but we must take that one too. We had the best team in the state in 2005. That was bad.

I agree. Beating Farragut allows us the chance to have a great regular season. I'm a little worried about that with an unproven QB but I think theirs graduated too. Campbell County has a lot returning but we just can't lose to them again. AC has Fox back and I think they'll be tough again but we must take that one too. We had the best team in the state in 2005. That was bad.

Cats, don't worry about the QB... Gaddis and staff will have the QB ready to go come game time and he will be surrounded with high quality receivers and rb's. Edited by NuWildcat