Who takes over at Chatt Central?

tistheseason

Central players would chew the young  Akins up and spit him out.  Either that or they would all quit.

Akins is a great coach and he would be out of his mind to leave the group of kids at the Owls nest IMO.....but I understand promotion and if the kids are willing to quit on a coach of his status...those are not the  ones he wants.....Kids need mentors and not dictators who wont listen...but the parents need to fall back and let the process go thru and embrace the next leader....

this thread is getting about as bad as the Marion county coaching search thread. at least we are not asking lakeside, harrison, and snowhill for money to bring a coach in.  

I will pass along the rumor i have heard and it is from a guy i know has absolutely no connection with the search committee or the school.  Duff is the number 1 target right now. 

Take it for what it is worth.  i doubt its true.  he got it from a friend of a friend or may have even read it here!! 

Can you remind who in the world Duff is?

Duff is the former head coach at Hixson that was replaced by White who was replaced by Fitzgerald. Duff has retired or left the team he had in Georgia but he coached the Bullock twins from Hixson. Did OK there . Now wants to come back to Tennessee. Mentioned him in previous thread . Stanthepounderman  says he would go to Hixson rather  than us. His app was put in for us though.

Edited by Pounder1

Akins is a great coach and he would be out of his mind to leave the group of kids at the Owls nest IMO.....but I understand promotion and if the kids are willing to quit on a coach of his status...those are not the ones he wants.....Kids need mentors and not dictators who wont listen...but the parents need to fall back and let the process go thru and embrace the next leader....

I agree. Whoever thinks he's a pushover has never seen him coach.

I agree. Whoever thinks he's a pushover has never seen him coach.

Rico that quote comes from ThetruthPevails on the previous page. A Marion County Supporter from what I gather. He does not want the Pounders to get a good young coach. Typical of someone thinking as he is. This would be a great opportunity for a good young coach.  Which he is. Central gave Marion their first defeat last year with most of our players returning.

Rico that quote comes from ThetruthPevails on the previous page. A Marion County Supporter from what I gather. He does not want the Pounders to get a good young coach. Typical of someone thinking as he is. This would be a great opportunity for a good young coach. Which he is. Central gave Marion their first defeat last year with most of our players returning.

Thanks, Pounder. I don't know a lot of posters' allegiances, but he didn't sound like a Central guy. Really hope you guys get a solid coach hoping to build for the long term.

I heard the interview process was a joke. They had flash cards after they asked a question, and really asked some very stupid questions. Not sure I believe that, but that is what I heard. Leads me to believe if this is true that one they don't have a clue to what they are doing, or two they want someone they can micromanage, or three someone is lying. I would rather believe the latter. Anyway good luck in the search. I think with the right person central can do some very good things.