Campbell County Cougars 2014

Space3

lol CC got to get a running game. I cant wait to see who they pick to play next year. CC thinks they are going to win district... West showed how bad CC really was.... B

Space3 I don't understand why the constant bashing of cc??? They went 9-1 regular season and lost to a very good ac 26-21. Don't get me wrong they were outmanned and played very out of the norm for cc this season against west. Bad special teams, turnovers etc. Why does it matter who cc plays out of district? If they want two wins then schedule how you want right? For a program that has sucked for 38 years and never won anything you sure are concerned with what they do with the program! I think if the price boys stay at cc they will build it into an ac like program where in this district you can compete every year and be in the mix for a playoff birth! Is that too much to ask for a cellar dweller since 1975!?!?!?!?

Yes he was, but they did not run an offense like this until Davey came in. Davey brought that offense to AC when he came as it was the exact offense he ran at Scott Co. Justin learned it under Davey for the 2 years he coached under him then implemented it at CC. Like ai said, I dont blame him at all, it is a great offense when you are not a power team and works good for what they have. They would not be as successful running a conventional type offense as they dont have the players for it.

As Slim Pickens would say, whoa Stagecoach. 

The fact is that both Coach Gillum and Coach Price learned the basics and much of what they know about the spread offense at the same time when Coach Gillum was serving as the offensive coordinator and Coach Price was the quarterback for head coach Jerry Mynatt at Pikeville College.  During that time, which was before Justin and Matt transferred to Maryville College from where they eventually graduated, Pikeville during that 2 year period set a ton of offensive records with that offense.   That's where both were exposed to it. 

The fact is that both Coach Gillum and Coach Price learned the basics and much of what they know about the spread offense at the same time when Coach Gillum was serving as the offensive coordinator and Coach Price was the quarterback for head coach Jerry Mynatt at Pikeville College. During that time, which was before Justin and Matt transferred to Maryville College from where they eventually graduated, Pikeville during that 2 year period set a ton of offensive records with that offense. That's where both were exposed to it.

Wait! What? You mean to tell me that Davey didn't develop this offense that his been named the Spread? Blasphemy HTV! How dare you insinuate the Almighty learned and stole from others!

Wait! What? You mean to tell me that Davey didn't develop this offense that his been named the Spread? Blasphemy HTV! How dare you insinuate the Almighty learned and stole from others!

And Jerry will freely admit that he stole it from those he played and coached under before he ever even thought about going to Pikeville.  

And don't get me wrong - I like Coach Gillum and Coach(es) Price very much.  All really good guys and outstanding coaches.  Just trying to help set this record straight. 

The fact is that both Coach Gillum and Coach Price learned the basics and much of what they know about the spread offense at the same time when Coach Gillum was serving as the offensive coordinator and Coach Price was the quarterback for head coach Jerry Mynatt at Pikeville College.  During that time, which was before Justin and Matt transferred to Maryville College from where they eventually graduated, Pikeville during that 2 year period set a ton of offensive records with that offense.   That's where both were exposed to it. 

So you could say Dave finished teaching them at AC. Started teaching them at Pikeville..... Thanks for sharring... Coaching and Playing are two diffrent things HTV.. So every QB,WR that plays under the offense can coach it...lol..

I never said that Gillum did not learn the offense from someone else, stating what I saw from when Justin was at AC, Justin was the offensive coordinator under Kerr and they did not run anything close to what he runs now, Davey came in and the offense completely changed, I sat in on some of the coaching meetings when Davey and Justin were emplimenting that offense and I have to tell you it was pretty obvious who was teaching who, I am glad Justin has had success with it and do not care one bit what they run, but Davey was who brought that Offense to AC.  Justin is very smart and know the offense very well, but I have to tell you when those guys were in the same room together going over X's and O's Davey was much farther ahead of Justin (at the time).  From what I saw Justin learned an awful lot from Davey, not taking anything away from Justin at all, he is a great coach and it is not always about the offense as to how much success you have, you still have to be able to teach it and Justin and Davey both have "it".

• Upvote 1

So you could say Dave finished teaching them at AC. Started teaching them at Pikeville..... Thanks for sharring... Coaching and Playing are two diffrent things HTV.. So every QB,WR that plays under the offense can coach it...lol..

So you are telling me that a quarterback doesn't have to know his offense, and especially a quarterback who runs a spread offense?

Please, Space.  You are better than that. 

And thanks of the tip about coaching and playing.  I never would have known that.  Just been around the game of football for about 45 years, but what do I know? 

The point went completely over your head, by the way.  Jerry Mynatt was the guy who brought the spread to Pikeville and was a mentor to both of them on the spread.

But of course, facts aren't going to get in the way of your argument, are they? 

Lol! I know you love AC and all things District 3AAA but Davey divine? I dont think so. :) Not that the Almighty doesn't favor us. Of course he does lol!

I never said that Gillum did not learn the offense from someone else, stating what I saw from when Justin was at AC, Justin was the offensive coordinator under Kerr and they did not run anything close to what he runs now, Davey came in and the offense completely changed, I sat in on some of the coaching meetings when Davey and Justin were emplimenting that offense and I have to tell you it was pretty obvious who was teaching who, I am glad Justin has had success with it and do not care one bit what they run, but Davey was who brought that Offense to AC.  Justin is very smart and know the offense very well, but I have to tell you when those guys were in the same room together going over X's and O's Davey was much farther ahead of Justin (at the time).  From what I saw Justin learned an awful lot from Davey, not taking anything away from Justin at all, he is a great coach and it is not always about the offense as to how much success you have, you still have to be able to teach it and Justin and Davey both have "it".

So, why do you think AC didn't run the spread under Kerr?  Was that Justin's decision? 

You and I both know that it wasn't.  Coach Kerr was never going to run a spread offense.  We all know that. 

I'm sure Justin did learn a lot from Coach Gillum, but he already had a huge amout of basic knowledge about that offense before Coach Gillum made the decision to install it at AC. 

Edited by HTV

I am sure alot of the ideas and concepts have come from Gus Malzahn"s offense.Alot of similarities with what they do and what is in his books and videos.But who cares where it comes from coaches take ideas from other coaches all the time.And it happens on all different levels of sports.If it works for you and your team that is all that matters.