Campbell County Cougars 2014

Space3

First off its a bunch of garbage what everyone is fussing about. Be happy for the kids. Myself don't favor either team really. Both teams I feel both have pros and cons. As far as fireworks go? CC was the first ones to have fireworks. They had fireworks when Wells was there, they just stopped doing them toward the end of his tenure. So there is that. The co-champ thing. Two things I have to say about it. AC had a great year no doubt about it, but if they would've took care of business against Powell we wouldn't even have this discussion. As a coach you have to do what's best for your team and that's probably what CC did. Does AC have an argument? Possibly, but as a Lake City resident I know for a fact that AC has in fact in the past claimed co-champs before in a sport. May not have been football but in a sport for sure. Last thing as far as champs go. I seen the hats AC had on. They said District 5A, we are District 3-AAA. So I'm sure CC will let them claim District 5A and CC will claim District 3-AAA

First off its a bunch of garbage what everyone is fussing about. Be happy for the kids. Myself don't favor either team really. Both teams I feel both have pros and cons. As far as fireworks go? CC was the first ones to have fireworks. They had fireworks when Wells was there, they just stopped doing them toward the end of his tenure. So there is that. The co-champ thing. Two things I have to say about it. AC had a great year no doubt about it, but if they would've took care of business against Powell we wouldn't even have this discussion. As a coach you have to do what's best for your team and that's probably what CC did. Does AC have an argument? Possibly, but as a Lake City resident I know for a fact that AC has in fact in the past claimed co-champs before in a sport. May not have been football but in a sport for sure. Last thing as far as champs go. I seen the hats AC had on. They said District 5A, we are District 3-AAA. So I'm sure CC will let them claim District 5A and CC will claim District 3-AAA

I beg to differ given the whole of your post.  I think your anti-AC bias is clear. The outcome of the Powell game is irrelevant.  There can be only one district champ and AC was it.  If you know it for a fact, name the sport that claimed a co-championship and when it was so we can, ummm, fact check you.  A parent bought and paid for those hats you mention before the OR game and my understanding is that no one with the coaching staff knew about it.  That very well intentioned parent simply got the title wrong.  Fireworks?  Who cares who started them first.

I just looked at a picture of the hat and have to say that I do not believe they got it wrong as much as the logo was not aligned well, the hat says 2013 on one side and 5A on the other side with District Champions in the middle, the 5A is for the classification, it is a technicality and is not really incorrect as AC does play in 5A, may not have been thought through but is not entirely incorrect.  Also I do not understand the argument of saying well AC has claimed co-champs in the past in a sport other than football, first off we are talking about football, not any other sport, but even at that is there not true co-district champs in other sports?  I was under the impression that in some of the other sports there are, but I really do not care because I feel that a district championship is something that is earned not claimed and when TSSAA and every other team in the district besides CC says that AC is the lone district champ I think I would quit trying to claim it.  And as far as the if AC would have took care of business statement that is just a foolish comment for a couple of reasons, first off if Powell would not have had to finish the year with their JV team they would probably have been the District Champs and not AC, second of all AC took care of Business against CC so what you are saying works that way as well.

Only reason I said anything bout fireworks was because someone asked who had fireworks first. I was just answering the question. For the co champ I'm not of the years right off top of my head but I will look into it. I don't want to mention the wrong year on accident. I'm not biased. Only thing is you don't see anyone making a big stink about it. Get over it move on already. It's over it's done. This thread is about CC Football 2014!! Not about co champs. I have a kid at the middle school level that I'm not forcing him either way. If he wants to go to AC then he is more than welcome to. Same as AC. I personally think AC people are getting a lil worried because that pipeline from jacksboro to AC is shut down now.

AC won this season without any kind of a pipeline from CC, they have been winning for years with AC kids, the pipeline has been gone for a long time now so I am pretty sure we are not that concerned about not being able to have CC players.  as far as the whole Co-Champ thing goes when the CC commentators make it a point to congradulate the CC co-District champs during an AC vs. CC basketball game and the student section is painted up with Co-Champs on them than people are trying to Claim it and that is making a stink, all the AC fans on here had agreed to drop it and you had to reply to someone that is not an AC fan therefore not wanting to drop it and I think your comments have proven that you are not non-bias due to not wanting to grasp the facts and just giving opinions that are one sided, the fact is that AC is the lone district champ this year and they did it with AC kids and you have tried to create an argument that the only reason AC is upset about it is because AC is worried that we will no longer have the CC kids to win games with when it is all AC that are winning, seems pretty bias to me.

I hope AC does good I really do and I think this AC/CC rivalry is great. It needed to be started. As far as stink goes, u think bc a student section paints co champs on their chest it's a stink? Come on man grow up. Your administration and stuff was acting like a bunch of teenagers on twitter because of all of this. Seriously? The fact that I would still consider sending my kid to AC after that should tell you how much I think of AC. You don't have many CC kids now I will give you that but to say you are winning with AC kids is a different story. You are winning with transfers. Once again it's an article about CC Football, not AC Football. Quit trying to take over the board by making comments about about AC. Go make an AC thread and we will talk about AC Football on it

So fox and pike are ac kids

Fox's daddy went to school there and when the family moved back from out of state that's where he came to school.  Pyke's daddy also has a school connection of another sort, although M. Pyke did start out at Clinton.  They are not CC kids, that's for sure.

Edited by MavMaximus

Fox's daddy went to school there and when the family moved back from out of state that's where he came to school.  Pyke's daddy also has a school connection of another sort, although M. Pyke did start out at Clinton.  They are not CC kids, that's for sure.

I am only asking a question, so don't unload on me.  I don't know the answer and am not trying to catch you in a lie.  Where does Fox and Pike live?  That would stop this debate in its tracks and we can turn this back to a CC thread.

I am only asking a question, so don't unload on me.  I don't know the answer and am not trying to catch you in a lie.  Where does Fox and Pike live?  That would stop this debate in its tracks and we can turn this back to a CC thread.

I never unload.  I'm the very voice of calm and reason on CoachT!  Now, I get where a Clinton person might be raw about Pyke coming to AC.  Too bad for them of course.  But I'm just clueless why anyone could think Fox going there is anything out of the ordinary???  His dad was a good player there and he hasn't gone anywhere else in the state as far as I know.  To answer your question, I don't know where either family lives but I don't think either family lives in Campbell County.