4a Quad Info

woodby30

No disrespect taken, I think everyone knows who the top teams are, kind of a good news/bad news deal.  And I'm sure everyone will say who ever wins next week out of quad 1 will be your state Champions.  But I'm a firm believer of "Anyone can be beat on any giving day", and everyone matches up differently.

Just a little info on remaining teams per quad combined records.

Quad 1    42-2

Quad 2    30-14

Quad 3    37-7

Quad 4    36-8

Sorry no disrespect meant but the top 4 in the state play each other Friday.  

I think you are wrong, only two of them play this friday Giles Co vs Pearl Cohn, Fulton and Greenville won't play until next week. Also the Quad 2 teams records are 33-11.

Don't agree with the second best

I hear ya DevilMan, and it really blows that the best two cannot meet for the Championship but in the eyes of the record book...etc...

Wonder what the playoff matchups would have look like if you list all 32 teams then it would be 1 vs 32, 2 vs 31, 3 vs 30...etc...there would be a whole lot of traveling, but then we would have the two best teams in the championship game.  Or make it a little more sensible by dividing the state and let 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14...etc...just a thought

I think you are wrong, only two of them play this friday Giles Co vs Pearl Cohn, Fulton and Greenville won't play until next week. Also the Quad 2 teams records are 33-11.

Fulton, Greeneville, Sullivan South and Elizabethton are all ranked in the top 5.  The TSSAA needs to change the playoff format.  These teams should be meeting in the quarter finals, not the second round.

• Upvote 1

Fulton, Greeneville, Sullivan South and Elizabethton are all ranked in the top 5.  The TSSAA needs to change the playoff format.  These teams should be meeting in the quarter finals, not the second round.

In theory I agree with you but it's the "rankings" that trends me to leave it as it is. Simply allowing the sportswriters to provide the pecking order will not work. The strength of schedule has to be a factor.... :ugeek:

In theory I agree with you but it's the "rankings" that trends me to leave it as it is. Simply allowing the sportswriters to provide the pecking order will not work. The strength of schedule has to be a factor.... :ugeek:

I agree also but if you don't play a solid schedule then u shouldn't be on here talking bout the two best teams just my opinion.