Clarkrange Lady Buffaloes

BigFan1966

So who has the better team up there this year Jimbo, CCHS or Stone?

The SMHS girls are ok this year, Coach Walker has done a good job. They are small fast, play hard, but don't have much size. They will try to pressure and trap and run to make up for it.

CCHS  girls should be a good bit better, bigger just as fast, more athletic, and far deeper. Coach Miller has had them playing well  all summer, even though they are very young. 1 senior, only a couple of juniors. She will play a lot of sophomores and even a few freshman this year. I think you will see a good combination of 3pt shooting and slashing. Has some decent size, but will try to play fast and pressure a lot too.

CCHS boys are also very young, and like Stone's girls don't have much size, but they will  play hard, and fast, and will probably go with  9-10 almost interchangeable pcs. Biggest problem will be a consistent go to scorer. The Parsons kid will put up points when he is on, but if he isn't they don't have another true scorer.

SMHS boys are very good. Size speed, and everyone can handle and shoot. Only question is depth. If a couple of Capp's young bigs can step up then they will be tough. You will have 4 regularly in double figures, and 2 of themt can put up 30pts on a given night.

The SMHS girls are ok this year, Coach Walker has done a good job. They are small fast, play hard, but don't have much size. They will try to pressure and trap and run to make up for it.

CCHS  girls should be a good bit better, bigger just as fast, more athletic, and far deeper. Coach Miller has had them playing well  all summer, even though they are very young. 1 senior, only a couple of juniors. She will play a lot of sophomores and even a few freshman this year. I think you will see a good combination of 3pt shooting and slashing. Has some decent size, but will try to play fast and pressure a lot too.

CCHS boys are also very young, and like Stone's girls don't have much size, but they will  play hard, and fast, and will probably go with  9-10 almost interchangeable pcs. Biggest problem will be a consistent go to scorer. The Parsons kid will put up points when he is on, but if he isn't they don't have another true scorer.

SMHS boys are very good. Size speed, and everyone can handle and shoot. Only question is depth. If a couple of Capp's young bigs can step up then they will be tough. You will have 4 regularly in double figures, and 2 of themt can put up 30pts on a given night.

Sounds as if the boys side of 7AAA will have some good games. I hear Cookeville and White Co. are pretty good as well.

Here is a serious question for Fentress Co. people.

Now that the state has reneged on the promise it made to Alvin C. and the people up there, is there any reason to have 2 public high schools in that immediate area? The cost of operating two schools when it would be easy to have just one has got to weigh on peoples minds in spite of the tradition of Clarkrange. I compare it to what happened in Clay County with Celina and Hermitage Springs and in Overton County with Livingston and Rickman. It was no big deal when the state controlled York, but now it has to be a burden on a county with limited resources.

Of course Macon still keeps Red Boiling open so there is a basis for the other side of the coin.

Thoughts anyone?  And again, I have no dog in the fight. Just curious.

Sounds as if the boys side of 7AAA will have some good games. I hear Cookeville and White Co. are pretty good as well.

Yeah it should be a great district season, in both girls and boys ball.

White Co has a junior that is real good along with some excellent young players, and from what I heard Kevin Bray has done a great job with his new transfer and his young players, and playing well. Capps has Stone playing another very tough early schedule, so they should be ready when districts get here, and Foster always seems to surprise people, his kids play hard for him and they get a couple of upsets about every year.

Edited by TCBinTN

Yeah it should be a great district season, in both girls and boys ball.

White Co has a junior that is real good along with some excellent young players, and from what I heard Kevin Bray has done a great job with his new transfer and his young players, and playing well. Capps has Stone playing another very tough early schedule, so they should be ready when districts get here, and Foster always seems to surprise people, his kids play hard for him and they get a couple of upsets about every year.

Since you seem to be very knowledgeable on the teams in your area let me ask you a couple of legitimate questions. Why did the player from Stone decide to transfer to Clarkrange? Also did her family relocate to do this or how is it she is eligible to play for Clarkrange since she played for Stone last year? Thanks in advance for your response.

Since you seem to be very knowledgeable on the teams in your area let me ask you a couple of legitimate questions. Why did the player from Stone decide to transfer to Clarkrange? Also did her family relocate to do this or how is it she is eligible to play for Clarkrange since she played for Stone last year? Thanks in advance for your response.

She was originally from Fentress Co. Her family moved here but then moved back. She is a wonderful young lady, and a very good ball player. She is missed at Stone.

She was originally from Fentress Co. Her family moved here but then moved back. She is a wonderful young lady, and a very good ball player. She is missed at Stone.

I was talking to someone today that had seen CR play and he said they were very good, he really liked the big freshman post player. These teams may end up playing 5 times this year. No one can guard Coe this year and Allen is just as tough a match up and had Flynn not gotten hurt i would have given the edge to JC but without her i think CR is the favorite. I still believe they will split the home and home during the regular season but in the end all that matters is the last game and both teams have great coaches so it should be a photo finish!!

I was talking to someone today that had seen CR play and he said they were very good, he really liked the big freshman post player. These teams may end up playing 5 times this year. No one can guard Coe this year and Allen is just as tough a match up and had Flynn not gotten hurt i would have given the edge to JC but without her i think CR is the favorite. I still believe they will split the home and home during the regular season but in the end all that matters is the last game and both teams have great coaches so it should be a photo finish!!

I have yet to see JC this year, I usually try to get out of CC to watch a few games every year. WC and Cookeville, Cookeville and Upperman etc. May have to head down a watch Jackson Co and CR when they play, I bet it will be a great game. The Fresh girl is going to be tough, she isn't there yet, but there were flashes Monday night where I thought she was a beast. CR has the other two wing girls #3 especially who can fill it up.  It should be a fun watch