Columbia Acad. (10-1) @ Nashville Christian. (10-1)

youthsportsPIX

Hmmm...So You Think It's Funny When the Privates Win The Lionshare Of Championships As Well?..And Then Ya'll Smack Talk Our Public System As Enept And Non Talented...I Say Divide Em..Totally During Season And Championships..Then you can Be Funny Amongst yourselves...

So easy a caveman, i mean a Butchie, can do it!

Hmmm...So You Think It's Funny When the Privates Win The Lionshare Of Championships As Well?..And Then Ya'll Smack Talk Our Public System As Enept And Non Talented...I Say Divide Em..Totally During Season And Championships..Then you can Be Funny Amongst yourselves...

I agree but at the same time I feel like Columbia Acad has always run a clean program. But if you put them all together then there is no doubts.

Of course if you disagree with the Mighty Butchie he'll use(abuse) his moderator status to give you warning posts or threaten to ban you, but oh well..........

Hmmm......Yes it's so funny that those private schools like South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Marion County, Alcoa, Trousdale County, and on and on win the lions share of championships. A semi split took place in 1997 and rules were established. Columbia Academy and Nashville Christian follow those rules to the T. The playing field has already been leveled with the 1.8 multiplier. 

No one has suggested public schools are inept nor non-talented. More public school athletes get college scholarships than private schools so as usual your arguments fail from a logic and reasoning standpoint. However the comical relief value of your rants is exceeding high.

Edited by kenmynattcpa

Rogue officiating crew from Clarksville handles last Friday's South Pittsburg v. Moore County game. Could it be the same one that officiated the NCS @ Clarksville Academy game back on 11/2? Very interesting indeed..........Sound familiar?

volsrock, on 16 Nov 2013 - 3:30 PM, said:snapback.png

first of all congrats to the south pitt pirates, they are a very talented team.  Second, with out a doubt it was the worst officiated game I have seen in my nearly half century of watching football.  The referee group was out of the Clarksville area.  they seemed to be fine men but not good refs.

I'm going to blame at least some of our sloppy play on the refs.  They completely disrupted any rhythm we had established.  It got to the point that Moore Co. could do no wrong and we could do no right.  Sure, some of the 21 penalties were correctly called.....but 21!?  21 penalties!!???  That's just unheard of.  And I counted at least seven blatant fouls by Moore Co. that weren't called.  Pathetic!

21 penalties for a total of 210 yards...that's outrageous!!

It's bad when you are winning and still saying these refs are the WORST!

By far the worst Game of the year!!! and the worst officiating game I have ever witnessed!!!!!!!!! and Moore cnty players pulling their helments off after the Game cussing and giving everyone the Finger!!!!

it actually seemed worse than that... The Refs were calling Penaltys that were so obvious Not a Penalty it was Pathetic. impossible to get any rythem going. it was sooo bad everyone in the Stands started laughing..

The penalty calling was bad and out of control.  Then the refs couldn't decide what call to make when announcing it to the pressbox.  Their arms were going in different undecided directions.  The poor little short man syndrome ref uniform wearing athlete wannabe on the side called one attempt by Moore Co a touchdown so slow I thought maybe he couldn't raise his arms properly.  He started calling it good at 2 then finished it when the player went down before he crossed the goal line.  At that point, he couldn't overturn and look stupid, so he called it wrong and looked stupid.  SMH.  Refs lost control of the game therefore the kids lost control on both sides. 

This might be the same group that officiated the Nashville Christian @ Clarksville Academy game back on 11/2. Penalties were NCS 16 for 150 and CA 3 for 20. It was the worst I had ever seen and South Pittsburg's 21 penalties for 210 yards last Friday is the worst I've ever heard. Maybe the T$$AA has a rogue crew from Clarksville that literally pulls for the underdog, as in pulling yellow excessive flags!

Rogue officiating crew from Clarksville handles last Friday's South Pittsburg v. Moore County game. Could it be the same one that officiated the NCS @ Clarksville Academy game back on 11/2? Very interesting indeed..........Sound familiar?

volsrock, on 16 Nov 2013 - 3:30 PM, said:snapback.png

I'm going to blame at least some of our sloppy play on the refs. They completely disrupted any rhythm we had established. It got to the point that Moore Co. could do no wrong and we could do no right. Sure, some of the 21 penalties were correctly called.....but 21!? 21 penalties!!??? That's just unheard of. And I counted at least seven blatant fouls by Moore Co. that weren't called. Pathetic!

This might be the same group that officiated the Nashville Christian @ Clarksville Academy game back on 11/2. Penalties were NCS 16 for 150 and CA 3 for 20. It was the worst I had ever seen and South Pittsburg's 21 penalties for 210 yards last Friday is the worst I've ever heard. Maybe the T$$AA has a rogue crew from Clarksville that literally pulls for the underdog, as in pulling yellow excessive flags!

I think officials are like judges In a court case and they find themselves in moral battle rooting for the under dog .

I appeal to refs everywhere in the state of Tennessee - forget us know it all fans and your dislike for any team - for the Sake of kids everywhere please take yourself out of the game and remember your there to call a football game and call what makes sense. Do you really think it's okay that you try to influence a game to keep one team from scoring too high

And keep the underdog in the game? These young kids all over the state have worked hard and long to play on Friday night. I appeal to you once more Please let the kids play !

Of course if you disagree with the Mighty Butchie he'll use(abuse) his moderator status to give you warning posts or threaten to ban you, but oh well..........

Hmmm......Yes it's so funny that those private schools like South Pittsburg, Gordonsville, Marion County, Alcoa, Trousdale County, and on and on win the lions share of championships. A semi split took place in 1997 and rules were established. Columbia Academy and Nashville Christian follow those rules to the T. The playing field has already been leveled with the 1.8 multiplier.

No one has suggested public schools are inept nor non-talented. More public school athletes get college scholarships than private schools so as usual your arguments fail from a logic and reasoning standpoint. However the comical relief value of your rants is exceeding high.

If you are going to compare numbers, you should use percentages. There are way more public athletes than private. So naturally, there are more of them receiving scholarships. Oh, and by the way, TSSAA' s 1.8 multiplier is a joke. It only moves 1a's problem up to 2a. And so on. It has no bearing in class 3A (5a-6a). A complete split in the playoffs is the only way to solve this. Let them play anyone who'll schedule them during the season.

lets look at it in 1a playoffs this year.  

first round 

87.5% of schools in playoffs are publics

Second round

87.5 of schools left are public schools

Third round

75% of schools left are publc

unless i missed one, which i very well may have, sometimes i forget whose public and whose private....but,

Columbia academy

Clarksville academy

Nashville Christian 

are the only privates that made the playoffs, and they were all in the same part of the bracket.  

sounds like privates arnt doing too much damage.

in 1a, last 6 years have been won by publics...btw

Edited by Monkey Wrench

lets look at it in 1a playoffs this year.

first round

87.5% of schools in playoffs are publics

Second round

87.5 of schools left are public schools

Third round

75% of schools left are publc

unless i missed one, which i very well may have, sometimes i forget whose public and whose private....but,

Columbia academy

Clarksville academy

Nashville Christian

are the only privates that made the playoffs, and they were all in the same part of the bracket.

sounds like privates arnt doing too much damage.

in 1a, last 6 years have been won by publics...btw

Im not being smart but is that not the only three privates in 1A and one of them got put out by another private Edited by wildcat89

Intersting Monkey..But When You Say It Like That It Slants Toward What Your Saying...What Are The Percentage Of Schools To Private Schools Period....

No idea,I'll try and find that out later but I'm confident its probably pretty close to that 87% public 13% private number that showed up in the 1st and 2nd round (for 1a). This is for 1a BTW, I know the real problem was coming with the bigger divisions with Brentwood academy and all the bigger privates and it probably was better that they got moved, but let's be realistic the 3ish privates that's made the playoffs this year in 1a havnt exactly been powerhouses.

I am also not trying to slant it my way, in reality it doesn't matter to me anymore, I'm just trying to say it like it is.

Edited by Monkey Wrench