Columbia Acad. (10-1) @ Nashville Christian. (10-1)

youthsportsPIX

thats what WC planned to do, and CA stacked the box and stopped it.  WC didn't have the threat of the pass, and maybe NCS does.  Or maybe they do, if they NEED to but may be not THAT confident in it, if that is the case and CA stops the run, can NCS throw the ball, especially in a wet situation?  that seems to be the big part of the game that will probably decide it.  

I guess the big IFS of the game are as follows, especially taking in account the rain:

Can CA stop the run?

If CA stops the run, can NCS consistently throw?

Can NCS stop the pass?

If NCS stops the pass, can CA run?  

I'm the wrong guy to ask about some of this - much more knowledgeable football folks than me (NCSDad54, kenmynattcpa, eagleman13).  But our QB has a passer rating of 112 (18 TDs, 6 INTs).  Seven different guys with TD catches.  Our passing game is certainly not just an afterthought.  Haven't seen a team stack the box against us that I can recall.  My guess is that would not be a good idea.  Help me out guys.

BTW - not even East Nashville was able to stop our run game.  I'd be real surprised if CA can. 

Edited by NCSdad1962

What leads you to think it may not be much of a game? I'm assuming a 10-1 team is a 10-1 team. Am I missing something? Was their schedule that weak? I know they couldn't have faced anyone as good as we did in East Nashville Magnet but surely they played some good teams (other than you guys).

. CA defense has given up a ton of points. That is until last week. Also I have talked to some folks that Have seen you play and CA play and they think that you have the better team by far. Unless class a football is way down through out all the state this will be CA last game IMO. Edited by catsdad

C a l preps Predictions

Midway (Kingston, TN) at Coalfield (TN)   [projection: Coalfield (TN) 28-20]
Humboldt (TN) at Union City (TN)   [projection: Union City (TN) 31-14]
Columbia Academy (Columbia, TN) at Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN)   [projection: Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 44-21]
Fayetteville (TN) at South Pittsburg (TN)   [projection: South Pittsburg (TN) 42-13]

I'm the wrong guy to ask about some of this - much more knowledgeable football folks than me (NCSDad54, kenmynattcpa, eagleman13).  But our QB has a passer rating of 112 (18 TDs, 6 INTs).  Seven different guys with TD catches.  Our passing game is certainly not just an afterthought.  Haven't seen a team stack the box against us that I can recall.  My guess is that would not be a good idea.  Help me out guys.

BTW - not even East Nashville was able to stop our run game.  I'd be real surprised if CA can. 

Play action pass - Tight end or slot hit the seams will be open all night if CA plays that 6-2, 5-3 with the free safety cheating up.

I pray for an injury free game for both teams and an officiating crew that doesn't hail from the Clarksville area. :popcorneater:

Edited by kenmynattcpa

East Nashville placed 8 in the box as well. I think they were a little concern about the read option. we were successful most of the time. When we hit them on a couple of long pass plays, it caught them completely off guard.  i don't think they thought we could get the solid protection to get those passes off. We basically were able to move the ball with ease after the first quarter gitters. Coach Brothers and staff have done their homework on CA and will call a complete game. Luckily, our kids have been in this situation before (third round). In my opinion, I don't think the weather will have any bearing on the outcome of this game. Go Eagles!!!

East Nashville placed 8 in the box as well. I think they were a little concern about the read option. we were successful most of the time. When we hit them on a couple of long pass plays, it caught them completely off guard.  i don't think they thought we could get the solid protection to get those passes off. We basically were able to move the ball with ease after the first quarter gitters. Coach Brothers and staff have done their homework on CA and will call a complete game. Luckily, our kids have been in this situation before (third round). In my opinion, I don't think the weather will have any bearing on the outcome of this game. Go Eagles!!!

CA will have to account for our receiving game. If they start stacking the box, I expect they will get burned a few times by either our receivers or TE. Yes, our running game is the foundation but we have other effective weapons to keep the defense honest.  

I expect if there is a consistent rain falling at game time that both teams will keep it very conservative to start out and then get a feel for the kind of shots they can take considering the weather.

CA will have to account for our receiving game. If they start stacking the box, I expect they will get burned a few times by either our receivers or TE. Yes, our running game is the foundation but we have other effective weapons to keep the defense honest.

I expect if there is a consistent rain falling at game time that both teams will keep it very conservative to start out and then get a feel for the kind of shots they can take considering the weather.

CA will play their safety close to the line and if the qb drops back the safety will drop back into zone and he covers well! Go Ca!

CA will play their safety close to the line and if the qb drops back the safety will drop back into zone and he covers well! Go Ca!

Our QB is such a good scrambler that there won't be anyone manning the pocket except for the linemen in most cases.  That leaves a lot of receivers for the safety to cover ;).

Seriously, there will be 5 guys running routes if they try to stack the box.  And they are all very capable receivers.  Unless folks have seen us play week-in and week-out they would not believe the number of weapons this 1A team has.  Our TE can easily get behind the coverage if the protection is there - he's done it every week. My guess is he will play a big role in tonight's game plan.

Edited by NCSdad1962