Fairview @ CPA

coachcraig

Said the two women who's open zoned Giles HS football team is on probabtion for recruiting.

By the way, CPA just scored on Giles again.

You can sing your Metallica loudly this year for sure. Giles took a beat down..... :rolleyes: ....but,

As a  result of "recruiting violations" by a public school. We submitted and accepted our punishment. CPA was the benefactor of that so beat ya chest. Soon you'll have your U of E, Brentwood Academy, and such. You won't have to HIDE from competing against your own...... :thumb:

Said the two women who's open zoned Giles HS football team is on probabtion for recruiting.

By the way, CPA just scored on Giles again.

were not open zoned, actually there aren't any school zones to even pull from down here.

Fact is you buy it, pay for and act like its all is fair. If you pull off a title, it's tainted, you can act like its not but everyone else knows.

Good luck Jackets.

It all comes down to the simple fact that private schools should play private schools and public should play public. This goes for all athletics. Our girls soccer team was the only public school in the state tournament this year. Had their not been any private schools in that state tournament, I would venture to say that our girls could have brought a state championship back to Fairview. In football, if schools like CPA and CAK were not in the equation, you would have teams like Fairview and Lewis County actually being able to make it past the 3rd or 4th round and actually getting the oppurtunity to play for a state championship. Now they might be playing a powerhouse like Alcoa, but atleast they made it, instead of being beat by a private school. That's just my 2 cents.

You are certainly entitled to your 2 cents and the private vs public debate has been going on for years and will continue to go on for years. Personally I would have no problem with your proposal but no one cares what I think and guess what, my son has to go out and play whoever is on the schedule. He and his buddies/ teammates have been together for 6 years and working hard. Most have been in school together since kindergarten. I would be willing to speculate that CPA has fewer transfers on their team than any other team that they play. I know that last years team had all starters at CPA by 6th grade (Coach Brooks claims one came in 7th grade, but the players say 6th). That is the best anyone can come up with that Martin recruits. Pretty pathetic that they still make the accusation which is more of a reflection on those making the unfounded accusation than anything else.

I'm glad that all of CPA kids live there or close by, which I doubt. It doesn't matter if they have been there since the 6th grade if they are coming From all over. You said most have been here since the 6th grade if you add just one good player each year it's more than public gets. I don't want you to think that I think your kids don't work hard to be good because I am sure that they do.

38-0 at the half.  Running clock, 3rd string on the field.

What opened zoned schools do is worse that privates.  OZ schools "pretend to be public", but under the covers, they're not.  They're just like privates without the tuition (except for that $500 "zone fee you pay). B)

Been beat worse by a PUBLIC. That hurt. You were just a one night stand. Didn't even remember ya name come morning.... :roflolk:

Hide on Metallica. ....that shovel your a holding is digging it for ya.....

You are certainly entitled to your 2 cents and the private vs public debate has been going on for years and will continue to go on for years. Personally I would have no problem with your proposal but no one cares what I think and guess what, my son has to go out and play whoever is on the schedule. He and his buddies/ teammates have been together for 6 years and working hard. Most have been in school together since kindergarten. I would be willing to speculate that CPA has fewer transfers on their team than any other team that they play. I know that last years team had all starters at CPA by 6th grade (Coach Brooks claims one came in 7th grade, but the players say 6th). That is the best anyone can come up with that Martin recruits. Pretty pathetic that they still make the accusation which is more of a reflection on those making the unfounded accusation than anything else.

I respect that your kids have been playing together since 6th grade. The majority probably have been together since 6th grade. I'm not taking that away from you, but I am not that naive to think that each year, a few "select" players choose to come to CPA to play football. I have no problem with that, I completely understand that if you are a talented player, you would want to have a coaching staff and a team that would prepare you for the next level and get you the most publicity possible. That is actually a very smart choice in my opinion. Bottom line is that come playoff time CPA should play with the private schools such as Ensworth and Brentwood Academy. It is only fair.

Apache,

I'm sorry my post struck a nerve. This issue must run pretty deep with you. I'm not posting to provoke you or others but just to respond to things that are not true about CPA. Our recent success has opened the door for a lot of criticism that isn't true.

I realize that private schools have some advantages like coaches salaries, ability to have kids from a wider area and in some cases better facilities. This is why we have a multiplier. CPA has about 200 boys in grades 9-12 from which to pull a football team. Most teams we play have almost two times that number or more boys. CPA was 8-13 in the first two years of 3A ball. Many parents at the school suggested we couldn't compete with the larger, faster boys from the bigger public schools. Instead our administration made a tough decision to change coaches. The new coaches working with the same athletes have gone 37-3 the last 3 years. There has been no new influx of kids. In fact the new staff is working with the same kids that have always been there.

As far as CPA goes in terms of level of athletes.....There are a grand total of 2 kids with college offers on CPA's team this year. A few underclassmen might get one in future years but its way early to tell. One kid with an offer has been at CPA since elementary school and the other since middle school. Neither was recruited to play football as you suggest. The leading passer and top three RB's in rushing yards have been at CPA since K. The leading tackler has been there since Kindergarten. Both safeties since kindergarten. Both OLB since kindergarten. Only 2 kids that even play in the two deep started at CPA in HS. One came over in 9th with all his siblings. He Just now starts as a junior. One transferred from another private school but sat out a year as required by TSSAA rules. About 75 percent of the two deep roster started at CPA in elementary school. And the rest started in MS except those 2 I mentioned. Plain truth is CPA does not recruit kids to play football. If we did then we would've been recruiting at area preschools 10-12 years ago.

You give me one example of a kid recruited to play football at CPA that was offered some type of extra benefits and it proves to be true and I will quit posting forever.

We played Pearl Cohn a few years back and they boasted something like 7 kids with college offers on 1 team. The only way CPA competes with the athleticism of East, Mapelwood, Pearl Cohn, Giles Co etc is with hard work, preparation and great coaching. Come see us play. You won't see a bunch of D-1 recruits. You will see a bunch of great kids from hard working families that are disciplined and believe in their coaches and Give tremendous effort to execute a great game plan. I'm sorry if that offends you for me to say that but it's true.

The facts are that public schools still win more Gold balls than privates across all classifications 1A to 6 A. So public schools still control the landscape by a wide majority. So why all the hate for private schools?

Apache,

I'm sorry my post struck a nerve. This issue must run pretty deep with you. I'm not posting to provoke you or others but just to respond to things that are not true about CPA. Our recent success has opened the door for a lot of criticism that isn't true.

I realize that private schools have some advantages like coaches salaries, ability to have kids from a wider area and in some cases better facilities. This is why we have a multiplier. CPA has about 200 boys in grades 9-12 from which to pull a football team. Most teams we play have almost two times that number or more boys. CPA was 8-13 in the first two years of 3A ball. Many parents at the school suggested we couldn't compete with the larger, faster boys from the bigger public schools. Instead our administration made a tough decision to change coaches. The new coaches working with the same athletes have gone 37-3 the last 3 years. There has been no new influx of kids. In fact the new staff is working with the same kids that have always been there.

As far as CPA goes in terms of level of athletes.....There are a grand total of 2 kids with college offers on CPA's team this year. A few underclassmen might get one in future years but its way early to tell. One kid with an offer has been at CPA since elementary school and the other since middle school. Neither was recruited to play football as you suggest. The leading passer and top three RB's in rushing yards have been at CPA since K. The leading tackler has been there since Kindergarten. Both safeties since kindergarten. Both OLB since kindergarten. Only 2 kids that even play in the two deep started at CPA in HS. One came over in 9th with all his siblings. He Just now starts as a junior. One transferred from another private school but sat out a year as required by TSSAA rules. About 75 percent of the two deep roster started at CPA in elementary school. And the rest started in MS except those 2 I mentioned. Plain truth is CPA does not recruit kids to play football. If we did then we would've been recruiting at area preschools 10-12 years ago.

You give me one example of a kid recruited to play football at CPA that was offered some type of extra benefits and it proves to be true and I will quit posting forever.

We played Pearl Cohn a few years back and they boasted something like 7 kids with college offers on 1 team. The only way CPA competes with the athleticism of East, Mapelwood, Pearl Cohn, Giles Co etc is with hard work, preparation and great coaching. Come see us play. You won't see a bunch of D-1 recruits. You will see a bunch of great kids from hard working families that are disciplined and believe in their coaches and Give tremendous effort to execute a great game plan. I'm sorry if that offends you for me to say that but it's true.

The facts are that public schools still win more Gold balls than privates across all classifications 1A to 6 A. So public schools still control the landscape by a wide majority. So why all the hate for private schools?

We are just not talking about football my friend! We are talking about all sports!

Apache,

Nice post coach. I'll answer your question....

Community pride. Simple ole community pride. When we get waxed by Lewis County, Maury County, Lawrence County, Lincoln County, Williamson County, ect., it's totally different than suffering a loss to a "school" vs a community. I know you follow the rules of acquiring students. You program presents itself as a recruiting tool for those parents who have the financial means to send their gifted athlete to you. In all sports. So slice it. Dice it. Spin it however you want. The number of wins you achieve is directly proportional to the amount of money generated by accepting athletes who can cut it academically. It funds your "great" coaching staff. It is who you are.

My question. Why even play public? Why not run with your own?.... :popcorneater:

Edited by WiseOldManGiles

We are just not talking about football my friend! We are talking about all sports!

Forget it all-time. He lives in a bubble. He's the same kind of people that think it's alright for a person to have a company that employs 55 workers and he profits 7million a year off their labor yet feels it's fair that the payroll for the entire 55 should be less than 2 million and still cuts their pay and hours due to high gas prices it might hurt his 7 million dollar profits. I know a man like that for real.