PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

You asked what year the scrimmage I was referring to was so I responded. Yes Portland did win that game, however our starting QB which was little coach Keithy Duggins brother was hurt at the end of the first quarter of that game. I feel that had a big impact on the game.

I asked and no it has no point. I was poking at the fact of the 7 kids he mentions often that place them in 3A vs. 2A. Mr. Postman1 thinks no one gives Westmoreland respect. Westmoreland is a very good program and had a heck of a team in '95. Good luck next year. There may be a scrimmage being planned for Spring.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we start the season again next year at Westmoreland. Ive known people, players, coaches my whole life from Westmoreland it seems, never knew they didn't get any respect. I always thought their programs were very respected, at least they were in my circles. Good luck to Westy next year. I thought we might play them this spring in baseball, but, I just checked the schedule and they are not on it. 

Postman I remember a scrappy guard/LB for Westmoreland that year. He was always respected. He and I took some camping trips together back in the day with his uncle. Great player, wonder what ever happened to him? ;)

I'm just guessing, but you went camping at either Dale Hollow or Stone Door with that fellow your referring to? If you went to Stone Door you went on the camping trip from Hades.

Believe I was on both those trips. Remember having alot of fun, getting blisters from walking, and eating campfire Spam for breakfast thinking it was better than filet mignon.

Trip down memory lane aside, I played against many great players from Westmoreland, Gallatin, and all the other Sumner County schools. I am proud to be a Sumner County product. The best thing about our football programs is all of them have a storied heritage of success.

Don't forget your past but try not to live there either.