PORTLAND PANTHER FOOTBALL COACH RESIGNS

64NB95

I see, either you didnt read the article, read it, but don't believe it or your reading comprehension is bad......from my understanding, they were truly trying to find someone better, after all, how many on here said to form a committee, well they did, how many on here said someone from the "Perry" family should be involved, well Chad Perry teaches there, they did that. They had a cross functional committee and it was not one persons judgement. To me it has been the most "open" search and process of hiring I have seen since Ive been living up here. No matter who they hired (and yes Im glad its Coach C as well) I would have respected the choice and supported them any way I can. Dont know where the "dog and pony" comments come from unless your unsupported in who they hired for what ever reason. Unless you had ties to one of the candidates that applied or one to have applied yourself. But from where I see it, (which is no where connected to the school except as a parent) I dont have any complaints on the process they used and would have been happy with whomever was chose, because I saw they were doing all they could do, to fill the position. 

Well said Southernfried.  It is a benefit to hire someone that the kids know and who knows the kids.  This Coach will also be able to analyze the 2013 Team and see where corrections need to be made in planning this 2014 Team.  If any Portland players are reading this, be confident in this Coach.  Did down deeper in everything that you do as players.  The success is in your hands to make this a great Coaching Hire.  Southernfried,  I will be there to watch your son go as he is man after mine own heart running that Football.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol Thanks 64, he tries hard, and makes up in ability with hard work. The thing I like most about the move, its to me, in the best interest of the players. At the practices, like I said, Coach C is a hard nose, old school type of guy. The players already know him, they dont have to make adjustments, they just have to work and execute what the coaches are telling them. I know this years staff put all they had into it, I dont see that changing either. It seems every year that my son has played since the 7th, he (as well as the other players) have lost a coach to two each year they really liked playing for. Coach Aric was no different, the kids liked him. Call it what ya will, but, baseball is no different than football, when ya have a player willing to bleed for you or the team, then your well on your way. All that has already been established, versus years past when there was a coaching staff change that was made from within. The kids did all they could with the ability they had this past season, just came up short. It is heart breaking to be on the sideline seeing 18 yr old men crying cause they felt like they let the team and themselves down, when in reality they didn't, they did all they could. Yall all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Whoop whoop!

Well said Southernfried. It is a benefit to hire someone that the kids know and who knows the kids. This Coach will also be able to analyze the 2013 Team and see where corrections need to be made in planning this 2014 Team. If any Portland players are reading this, be confident in this Coach. Did down deeper in everything that you do as players. The success is in your hands to make this a great Coaching Hire. Southernfried, I will be there to watch your son go as he is man after mine own heart running that Football.

If hes running that football in the single wing, he won't be running your heart very far!! I wonder if the new hire changes the offense?

Oh my word, how many on here actually read the article I posted, it alone answers 95% of the questions that have been asked lol here      it       is       again http://www.tennessean.com/viewart/20131218/GALLATIN02/312180182/Cavanah-steps-up-lead-Panthers    lol its actually a pretty good read along with his history as a coach. 

If hes running that football in the single wing, he won't be running your heart very far!! I wonder if the new hire changes the offense?

He stated changing to an offense that bases out of the I-formation but that also implements a lot of spread attack. He also has 30 more kids wanting to join the team.

On a side note, I heard 7 kids are leaving Westmoreland for Portland as well. Westmoreland can now drop to 2A for the Postman. Lol

He stated changing to an offense that bases out of the I-formation but that also implements a lot of spread attack. He also has 30 more kids wanting to join the team.

On a side note, I heard 7 kids are leaving Westmoreland for Portland as well. Westmoreland can now drop to 2A for the Postman. Lol

That means we would stomp Gallatin then don't it?

I would like to see that game. Westmoreland had a fine team this year and last with 9-3 records. The Portland win was a big deal for the community in Westmoreland. Maybe we will see another scrimmage at least. The last two at Gallatin were not pretty for the Eagles though.

When was the last time Gallatin and Westmoreland scrimmaged? I was a part of a Gallatin Westmoreland scrimmage one time that got down right embarrassing for Wave fans. It amazed me how sorry they were to have that many players to pick from. To my knowledge that was the last time the 2 met. I dont even want to tell you what year that was but it seems like yesterday.