Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate to hear the negative comments about gore. Maybe they are accurate but I know others that think he is a really good coach.

Beefy I know there has been a lot of interest from all over for this job. Several current head and assistant coaches from high schools and colleges both near and far. Several good candidates have their names being mentioned. I hear a lot from other coaches and some people in the know. From the names I have heard mentioned I think there is one that a lot of people believe is a good coach, one that is a good coach and has Overton strong ties to Overton, and one that is a former metro head coach that has recently been a finalist for another metro job. There are pros and cons to all three. The one that I have heard has the best shot would save some gas and be closer to three schools that he has been at previously. I know it's not a clear answer but I'm sure you can figure it out. Haha

I truly think that it's a toss up and will depend on the interviews. My guess is the list of 70-100 applicants will be narrowed down to ten interviews and all will have the chance to be impressive.

Hate to hear the negative comments about gore. Maybe they are accurate but I know others that think he is a really good coach.

Beefy I know there has been a lot of interest from all over for this job. Several current head and assistant coaches from high schools and colleges both near and far. Several good candidates have their names being mentioned. I hear a lot from other coaches and some people in the know. From the names I have heard mentioned I think there is one that a lot of people believe is a good coach, one that is a good coach and has Overton strong ties to Overton, and one that is a former metro head coach that has recently been a finalist for another metro job. There are pros and cons to all three. The one that I have heard has the best shot would save some gas and be closer to three schools that he has been at previously. I know it's not a clear answer but I'm sure you can figure it out. Haha

I truly think that it's a toss up and will depend on the interviews. My guess is the list of 70-100 applicants will be narrowed down to ten interviews and all will have the chance to be impressive.

The interviews will be be a formality and the new coach will already be known by the powers that be. Most jobs are that way and should be.. An interview 20-30 minutes long should not or can not determine who is the best coach for the job. I believe coaches have been talked to and I personally believe that is how it should be to get the best coach. The main man who is making the decision knows who he wants and one of the coaches interviewing will know the interview is just a process.

The interviews will be be a formality and the new coach will already be known by the powers that be. Most jobs are that way and should be.. An interview 20-30 minutes long should not or can not determine who is the best coach for the job. I believe coaches have been talked to and I personally believe that is how it should be to get the best coach. The main man who is making the decision knows who he wants and one of the coaches interviewing will know the interview is just a process.

I agree Run that's how is use to be and in this case I feel like that is how this one would end. Out of all the names mentioned who do you feel is best fit there

I agree Run that's how is use to be and in this case I feel like that is how this one would end. Out of all the names mentioned who do you feel is best fit there

If it was me I would call who I wanted and tell them I want them to be my new coach. It has happened before and should now. State laws or metro policies require interviews and application deadline. Me personally, I would walk down the hall at Overton and convince Mike Morrison to be the new football coach. I would then get him  the help he needs to continue to keep the baseball program where it is and let him be the head man of both.

The kids over there have loss faith in him. My neighbors nephew is on the team and he said they only care for the assistants that just got there this year. He said Gore is just a yeller and he constantly complain about them not being the size or other metro teams.

If Gore can't make it work at McGavock, it's not due to a lack of effort.   Coaching in Metro is unlike coaching anywhere else due to the demographics and players.  Your best player maybe there on Monday, but missing Tuesday and Wednesday.  It is what it is..........not making excuses for Gore, but this is all over Metro besides a couple of schools, Overton being one of those.

In my opinion no one from the current staff will be promoted. A new face, maybe a familiar face, will be on the sidelines. Morrison doesn't want the job. If he did then he would probably be the choice. Since he doesn't they will have to look elsewhere.

I think quick strike is right about gore. His assessment sounds more realistic.

In my opinion no one from the current staff will be promoted. A new face, maybe a familiar face, will be on the sidelines. Morrison doesn't want the job. If he did then he would probably be the choice. Since he doesn't they will have to look elsewhere.

I think quick strike is right about gore. His assessment sounds more realistic.

WIP, would you agree that the admin should seek who they want and not just take applicants? Also do you agree that the coach they want will already know he has the job and interviews are a formality? In my personal experiences that has been true and in other jobs in and out of metro this has been true.

If Gore can't make it work at McGavock, it's not due to a lack of effort.   Coaching in Metro is unlike coaching anywhere else due to the demographics and players.  Your best player maybe there on Monday, but missing Tuesday and Wednesday.  It is what it is..........not making excuses for Gore, but this is all over Metro besides a couple of schools, Overton being one of those.

I agree. Some metro coaches try to do the things necessary to help players get better. Most players just do not get it. They all want to play when season starts but fail to work to get better in the off season. One coach in metro had less than 20 players stay for off season weight and speed workouts just this past week. It is truly an up hill battle. 

Edited by runtheball