Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

I agree. Some metro coaches try to do the things necessary to help players get better. Most players just do not get it. They all want to play when season starts bur fail to work to get better in the off season. One coach in metro had less than 20 players stay for off season weight and speed workouts just this past week. It is truly an up hill battle. 

RTB. I would bet your retirement there was MORE than one coach in Metro that had less than 20.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run yes i would say interviews mean very little unless someone gives the admin something to think about. In this case I think the admin will have one maybe two guys in mind but will make their overall choice after listening to the responses during the interview.

If someone else makes a strong showing and has a good resume I think the Overton admin will discuss and maybe call back for round two.

I know there is one person that many are not considering and I think he is in the top two.

Beefy - hahaha Steve is an Overton alum and has been an assistant at Overton in the past. I know he was a finalist for the CR job when parks was hired. Steve is a really good assistant coach and has coordinator experience I think as a DC. I know Anderson really thought a lot of Steve. The one knock on him is that he has been at several schools and really hasn't stayed anywhere for a long period of time.

I think it's between him and Gore.

Beefy - hahaha Steve is an Overton alum and has been an assistant at Overton in the past. I know he was a finalist for the CR job when parks was hired. Steve is a really good assistant coach and has coordinator experience I think as a DC. I know Anderson really thought a lot of Steve. The one knock on him is that he has been at several schools and really hasn't stayed anywhere for a long period of time.

I think it's between him and Gore.

I had recap to find that out!!!!! Lol but why is gore so high up there over. I understand Williams cause he is an Overton guy but what has gore done that catches people eye when they have been mediocre at best at Mcgavock

I'm not denying he is a good guy but I just don't get it smh.... I don't think he is a better hire than Campbell or Adeylott

I'm not denying he is a good guy but I just don't get it smh.... I don't think he is a better hire than Campbell or Adeylott

So you would hire either of these 2 guys? Who is your first choice? Would you call him and ask him or would he have to apply? Would the interview process matter or would one of these guys know he has the job? I know a coach in metro who got hired during lunch after school during exams week at a restaurant .

Edited by runtheball

Gore was a successful OL coach at Hillsboro and at Brentwood.  Both programs experienced much success while he was there.  Coach RA has a ring and has been to the big game several times.  I would not even begin to compare Campbell to Coach A in terms of success. 

I believe Gore lives real close to Overton so I can see him wanting to get back to that side of town.  I still believe that Coach Crawford would do great at Overton as the HC but I don't even know if he applied. 

Run I don't think you can go wrong with either one but Campbell is already in the building and the kids are asking for him to be the coach they love him. And I agree with you on handling it, I think you call him and offer it to him of he except then the interview process doesn't matter

15NCSHe Is a great coach maybe not as much success as adoylott but let's be real there is nt many teams around here thy had been loaded with talent like this Hillsboro teams were. And half those kids were at Hillsboro cause mose Phillips got them there and the zone changed giving them overtons main players as well. And adoylott didn't do anything at riverdale with them. So let's not make him sound like BEAR BRYANT