Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metro is always long at deciding a coach and most times it's a "bonehead/in house" hire that puts a program behind for 2-3 more years (and the job opens again).  If they'll extend out to RA there's no doubt he takes the job.  There's also little doubt that RC would remain on the staff.  There's also a strong possibility that TH would come on board as a volunteer assistant as well.  I can't speak for TM but if he had the option I think it would be in his best interest to stay. 

I would then take a guess and say that SB who used to teach/coach in MNPS (ironically at the same school as RA) would be the new chief Warrior when all is said and done. 

Again if RA is interested he better apply because Overton will not call him. I hope he applies but don't think he is a lock even if he does. I know several in the Overton community want a more modern offense. RA would not bring that to the table. To most his offense would be a step back. If hired RC would probably stay on and I think TM probably would too. I think MM would be done coaching football. The deadline to apply is this week. Interviews probably next week.

I've heard RC AND MM work well together and think a lot of each other...

I agree about RA offense and I don't think Overton would like the fact that they would pas their keys over to a FARMER LOL that would be horrible to the Overton community right lol... I'm telling you guys Overton wit RC there will make Overton remain relevant and a power

Would be very ironic if RA got the job for a number of reasons. RA is a farmer, coached at Hillsboro and had several great battles with Overton, and he would be coming back to metro after seeing the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Overton is one of a few schools in metro that still has a "community." I don't think you want to do anything to mess that up. Overton is a job where you don't have to go in a fix a lot of stuff, just tweak it to your liking. If a coach does that then Overton will remain competitive each year. Does anyone know for sure that RA has even applied? Gore? I think we all know that RC and TM have applied. Who else?

I always wondered has anyone ever been in that situation and how did it go if the players from the school you are trying to leave found out you Are applying else where but u end up not getting the job.

The kids don't believe in him anymore as it is, so this will be a tough one. I heard every on their staff is applying or trying to leave there as well, wonder why tho they had a great staff... Moreno (DC) guy from DCA , jackobik guy that was a college coach and had the Cheathtam County job, terry hemontoler, young guy from Stratford that is good offensive mind Stewart and pearl Cohn db coach Simpson both ex Cumberland players and a lb coach from mt pleasant bridges. If Gore got it who would go with him and could they even go with Overton staff still probably going to remain

I always wondered has anyone ever been in that situation and how did it go if the players from the school you are trying to leave found out you Are applying else where but u end up not getting the job.

The kids don't believe in him anymore as it is, so this will be a tough one. I heard every on their staff is applying or trying to leave there as well, wonder why tho they had a great staff... Moreno (DC) guy from DCA , jackobik guy that was a college coach and had the Cheathtam County job, terry hemontoler, young guy from Stratford that is good offensive mind Stewart and pearl Cohn db coach Simpson both ex Cumberland players and a lb coach from mt pleasant bridges. If Gore got it who would go with him and could they even go with Overton staff still probably going to remain

I told you guys earlier in the post that my neighbors nephew said that they don't like and believe in coach gore anymore.and that the coaches that came from pearl and Stratford were good coaches that were energetic and that they relate coaching to real life situations as well as demand respect.

He also said he enjoyed playing for Old Man H, so I believe that was Hemontoler guy. Idk anything about the other coaches

What does McGavocks entire coaching staff have to do with the Overton Job?

What does McGavocks entire coaching staff have to do with the Overton Job?

Like it said at the bottom genius would they want to come to Overton if Gore got the job or who would he bring with him or does gore only keep the current Overton staff... I was mentioning the coaches that overton could possible get.

Highlife it doesn't, clearly BeefyStew has an agenda to get across. Wonder if Stew has a Beef with the staff there or is/was a part of it. Him and Pplecat seem to be very high on a coach that has been a part of 3 staffs in 2 years and from what I heard is well on his way to number 4. Shame of it is instead of thinking he has all the answers he probably could have contributed significantly instead of bad mouthing every staff he's been a part of and pumping himself up.

Coaching is a tight knit community, word gets out real fast, should never try and burn roads and should never lose sight of professionalism and that is about the kids not feeding your own ego.

As to Overton, whoever gets it is walking in to the best or second best job in metro (Hillsboro being the other). I will be very interested to see how this plays out and if it effects any other schools directly.