Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

That's very much true but I am pulling for a current coach that's in their building. But if JG gets it then he as well is a good coach that works hard and real organized not so much success as a HC but we will see

Whoever new coach is has big shoes to fill. Any hint who you are pulling for? You think having 3 coaches in the building wanting the job creates any thoughts? Will all want to stay if outsider gets job. Will the other 2 coach if one gets job? Does new coach know that often you have to work with coaches already on staff?

Edited by runtheball

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever new coach is has big shoes to fill. Any hint who you are pulling for? You think having 3 coaches in the building wanting the job creates any thoughts? Will all want to stay if outsider gets job. Will the other 2 coach if one gets job? Does new coach know that often you have to work with coaches already on staff?[/quote

Run I really want Campbell to get it . I hate how it ended for him at HL. I think he is a good coach and he motivates the kids and that he will be a good fit. I really think the job will be someone who is already there because I don't think an outsider would keep the whole staff from the year before . But who knows ... I think the other two would stay but depending on why their title would be would make them go else where. And one thing I hate about Metro is that they want to collect from athletics but don't help at all. Football brings in a lot of money for the school but yet you can not build your own staff due to Teach For Anerica Kids come in and take all the jobs and leave after two yrs. so whoever gets it will have to work with current staff and maybe bring 1

Whoever new coach is has big shoes to fill. Any hint who you are pulling for? You think having 3 coaches in the building wanting the job creates any thoughts? Will all want to stay if outsider gets job. Will the other 2 coach if one gets job? Does new coach know that often you have to work with coaches already on staff?[/quote

Run I really want Campbell to get it . I hate how it ended for him at HL. I think he is a good coach and he motivates the kids and that he will be a good fit. I really think the job will be someone who is already there because I don't think an outsider would keep the whole staff from the year before . But who knows ... I think the other two would stay but depending on why their title would be would make them go else where. And one thing I hate about Metro is that they want to collect from athletics but don't help at all. Football brings in a lot of money for the school but yet you can not build your own staff due to Teach For Anerica Kids come in and take all the jobs and leave after two yrs. so whoever gets it will have to work with current staff and maybe bring 1

I know just about everyone that has or will apply. I like them all and they all have good qualities. I think this will be an interesting hire with so much attractive about Overton.

Why does everyone really want this job RUN??? And other than Overton which metro schools are also desirable and why

I think everyone who has or will apply sees this as a school that has been most consistent winning  games. It is in a good part of Nashville and gets very little,if any, bad press. Just appears to be one of the best schools in metro. I think Antioch,Cane Ridge, and possibly McGavock are next. I think size of schools,  athletes in building, and the location they are located.

Edited by runtheball

I have yet to see a Teach for America person stay for two years. Many leave before the first year is over. It is a joke.

Agree.  It's the biggest scam in Metro.  It prevents real teachers from trying to get teaching jobs in a timely fashion.  Real teachers who try to get into Metro have to wait until the last minute to see if some dbag from Teach for America has a position before they can be hired by the principal.  It's a disaster of a program and doesn't help the school, the principal, or the "education" in Metro.  

Edited by QuickStrike