Overton's Terry Anderson retires

workinprogress

Hard tackle your an idiot!!!!

Yes I am. 

I saw campbell last night at the basketball game supporting his school. Good to see and I'm sure Pelham should look at little things like that when making a choice if it comes down to a two man race.

So the guy who gets the job should be based on attendance at a basketball game. On another post you agreed the best coach should get the job,now who attends  a basketball game. I guess the pushing has begun.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think both are good at certain things. Richard always produced winning teams at HL. However he did have Moreno as his DC and Elrod as his OC. McPhail didn't have great results in his one stint as HC at Antioch but I'm sure he has learned from working under Lussiter at FR and Anderson at Overton. I'll give a list of possible candidates in a little while.

For the first time in 20 years Overton has to hire a HC. Some say it's a two man race and they may be right but I don't think so. I think a committee will be formed and there will be a split decision with Pelham having to make the final call. Here is who I think might apply.

McPhail on the staff now.

Campbell on the staff now.

Crawford is the DC. Been at Overton a long time.

Morrison on the staff now. Head baseball coach.

Steve Williams currently at Blackman and has spent time at Overton.

Jack Pittman currently at BA. Article is the paper a while back saying he would apply for head jobs if the right position came up. This might be that job.

Brad Peden. Currently HC at Antioch but is an Overton alum.

Collin Vaughn currently at Hillsboro and is an Overton alum.

Dennis Moreno currently at McGavock.

I think one of the guys on staff now will win the vote of the admin. Overton community will want an Overton guy. Pittman is probably a wild card and could make a strong case. If Morrison applies I think he would be the best choice being on the staff, an Overton alum, has head coaching experience and has been very successful albeit not in football, has the respect of the current staff and players, is a good football coach, and I think would keep Overton going in a positive direction. But I don't get a vote.

For the first time in 20 years Overton has to hire a HC. Some say it's a two man race and they may be right but I don't think so. I think a committee will be formed and there will be a split decision with Pelham having to make the final call. Here is who I think might apply.

McPhail on the staff now.

Campbell on the staff now.

Crawford is the DC. Been at Overton a long time.

Morrison on the staff now. Head baseball coach.

Steve Williams currently at Blackman and has spent time at Overton.

Jack Pittman currently at BA. Article is the paper a while back saying he would apply for head jobs if the right position came up. This might be that job.

Brad Peden. Currently HC at Antioch but is an Overton alum.

Collin Vaughn currently at Hillsboro and is an Overton alum.

Dennis Moreno currently at McGavock.

I think one of the guys on staff now will win the vote of the admin. Overton community will want an Overton guy. Pittman is probably a wild card and could make a strong case. If Morrison applies I think he would be the best choice being on the staff, an Overton alum, has head coaching experience and has been very successful albeit not in football, has the respect of the current staff and players, is a good football coach, and I think would keep Overton going in a positive direction. But I don't get a vote.

The only person worthy is Morrison and he is probably not interested. I do not know how anyone else could even be considered. If Overton wants to continue better go outside Metro and get a quality coach.

Edited by hardtackle

There are plenty of quality coaches in metro. No need to go outside. I don't care if it's a metro guy or not as long as the best coach for Overton is hired. Hard tackle whom do you feel would be a good outside hire. What about each coach that I mentioned would make each unworthy.

As for coaches you listed , I will stand by by previous statement in that only one qualified is Morrison. None of the others is either certified(Pittman),qualified or way to young(others) to be the coach. Just like you,not ready. As for out of Metro, most good young coaches never came to Metro,way to many to name. Every staff has a few.

Hard tackle do you know me other than my name possibly. What makes you think that I am too young or not ready. I think those that really do know me would tell you I am ready but have been waiting for the right time for obvious reasons. I am also waiting for the right school, I don't want just any job and I am perfectly happy in the role that I have at the school where I am. But again in your opinion why would I not be ready. Interested in knowing your opinion.

Hard tackle do you know me other than my name possibly. What makes you think that I am too young or not ready. I think those that really do know me would tell you I am ready but have been waiting for the right time for obvious reasons. I am also waiting for the right school, I don't want just any job and I am perfectly happy in the role that I have at the school where I am. But again in your opinion why would I not be ready. Interested in knowing your opinion.

For the love of Overton, you need to go after this job.  I know you will work harder than the former Antioch guy and/or the former HL guy would.  Both guys would do a fine job but I believe that Overton deserves a little better than what those guys will bring.  You probably would introduce the forward pass and work on it in the summers during the 7 on 7 competitions (never saw the 2 existing coaches doing this at previous stops). Good luck to Overton whoever gets the job.  Tough shoes to fill

Not enough experience yet. Not a better school in Metro, so what right school could it be. I understand not following the footsteps of your ???. As you said yourself,when the time is right and that is what I  said earlier.  

Edited by hardtackle