Trousdale visits GCA

Raven52

turf was around in the 70's, just not at the HS level, unless you played Cookeville in their house, which we did my Senior yr. Then you played them on Tech's field. Then funny cleated tennyshoes put some spring in you step for sure. We lost 3-0    :wub: I will never fergit dat one. Durn Sophomores.

didn't danny joe miss an xp or a fg kicking off turf in the 70's? God forgive me if i'm wrong because danny joe will come find me and set me straight if i am. :lol:

Edited by snoball5278

somebody give me a link to the history of playoff games we been in...in the 70's..an I will give you the full story on DJ'sattempted kick

Found it.. i am perty sure this is the way it went...in 73 Hartsville was playing Kingston @ Cookeville for the Gold Ball..it was below freezing that night, felt like 20 degrees, wind out of the North felt like 40 mph. Ask 7 bout how the stadium is when it like that.   lol   he knows

They has us down 28 to zip by the half, we rallied in the 2nd half to tie the game. It was closing down to just a few seconds left on the clock and we were knocking at the door, close enough for a field goal to take the win..if we had someone who could kick one...back then fields goals were girly stuff, we always went for 2. Jim B never even talked about it in practice.

Well DJ runs over during a T/O and sez...hay coach, I think i can kick a field goal and win this thing...30 to 40 mph wind in his face, DJ was a glory hog anyways back then.. :rolleyes:

Well they lined up and tried it , and of course it sliced like your golf shot Sno....overtime...they scored we lost.

Edited by Tushhog72

i wasn't calling you a geek, and i'm not upset in the least. :thumb:

that's my psychiatrist face. i gather from your response that while you consciously didn't mean any offense, you subconsciously hoped that i was offended. and do you have a fear of being labelled as a "geek"?

i'm gonna help you get through this. now, tell me about your realtionship with your parents. :ugeek: