Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

is it just me or is this Guy just plain insane. For one thing that year our team wasn't all that good and second that was the year Jimmy Fishel was coach different coaching staff better team if our team of this year played TCA of that year it would be a good game.

Read more carefully, the quote from " Purple and Gold standard" was referenced above my post.  My point was not to compare a team from 6 years ago with your team now. my point was, its easy to say "we dont worry about Private schools"  when you have only played 3 in the last 12 years.  Again, i repeat, you would worry about them if you played them twice a year every year.  you would worry about them if they hand picked some of your best players to come play for them.  You dont have to deal with this, there are none in your district.  Let me put it in terms you might understand, What if the big city of Gleason got a new "little Debbie " factory, and the families of 5 of your best players loaded up and moved to Gleason to pound out Zebra Cakes, then Gleason beat your brains out with your own players.  I bet you might be mad at the Little Debbie Factory.

:mrgreen:  this thread just gets better and better....I can also assure you if they have a linebacker that is 270 lbs that he'll get blown by every play by NCS. If he is a 270 lb that can run why is he not #1 on every recruiting board, or look out for list if hes not a senior?  I mean, crap the best middle linebackers in pros rarely break 250 lbs.

The best d lineman in college right now is barely 270, and hes 6'6

Was thinking the same thing. Us dads could scheme to take advantage of a 270-lb LB so I'm darn sure with our weapons, that that issue has already been taken care of by our coaches. 

I've been watching the Humboldt game a little. The first thing that hits me is...... dang, they run a boring offense. There will be some more excitement in the one you see this Friday.

Yep. It's not flashy at all. Coach Bowling hardly opened the play book. If you like spread offensive skeems UC will bore you to death. But...... its very effective.

We play both teams yearly and UC looks quite a bit like Huntingdon of last year but they can pass if forced to. Union City will probably have more team speed then Huntingdon. Nothing about UC is flashy but its very effective just like the mustangs. The LB is 270 if I was guessing and pretty quick for his size as is the O and D lines. I haven't seen any film on NC but you don't get to the semi finals without being a good team (paid or not). Sorry had to get a poke at the sweater vest.

I'm positive of one thing it will be a battle. Pulling for the boring blue collar boys from UC!!!!! Storm's a coming, be prepaired....

good morning both UC and NCS fans!!

My concern going into this game is our defense. Thus far, we've been able to get solid penetration for most of the season with our 3-5 defense. With UC running the veer, I think we need to have a base defense ready just in case the veer breaks down our 3-5 which I think it will eventually. The offensive side of the ball, coach Brothers has called twelve solid games almost to perfection. I don't see any changes at all. I just hope we're prepared to make needed adjustments if needed. Safe travels UC fans and go eagles!!

good morning both UC and NCS fans!!

My concern going into this game is our defense. Thus far, we've been able to get solid penetration for most of the season with our 3-5 defense. With UC running the veer, I think we need to have a base defense ready just in case the veer breaks down our 3-5 which I think it will eventually. The offensive side of the ball, coach Brothers has called twelve solid games almost to perfection. I don't see any changes at all. I just hope we're prepared to make needed adjustments if needed. Safe travels UC fans and go eagles!!

I agree with your post 100%. Your coach did a great job against CA, and you will have to change your defense. It's just to open for the dive back, and UC's best RB is usually the dive back.

NCSdad....that's the point of the type of offense UC runs, "boring". It's designed to wear the D down mentally and physically....just grinding 4 or more yards a carry. Can it be stopped? Yes. Is it hard to stop? When it's run correctly, yes. Meaning...if the team has a strong dive back with a quick QB and tailbacks. It'll be hard to stop. I think NCS has the athletes. After watching them, I really like their team...very disciplined.

I agree with your post 100%. Your coach did a great job against CA, and you will have to change your defense. It's just to open for the dive back, and UC's best RB is usually the dive back.

NCSdad....that's the point of the type of offense UC runs, "boring". It's designed to wear the D down mentally and physically....just grinding 4 or more yards a carry. Can it be stopped? Yes. Is it hard to stop? When it's run correctly, yes. Meaning...if the team has a strong dive back with a quick QB and tailbacks. It'll be hard to stop. I think NCS has the athletes. After watching them, I really like their team...very disciplined.

if you are running that 3-3 stack (2 outside linebackers) if your nose tackle gets penetration it'll disrupt the initial dive read, your d ends have to play on the line of scrimmage though, they can't get up field or they will get ran by all night.  that leaves your middle linebacker to get the dive back, your right and left inside linebacker to get the qb, and the ourside linebackers to hit the option man.  

it really comes down to your nose tackle really getting some penetration and disrupting that initial handoff.  it comes down to playing assignment defense and flowing to the ball.  

Edited by Monkey Wrench