Semi-Final UNION CITY VS. NCS

JDOGG80

This was the first game I have been able to see the Tornadoes play this season due to work and am very glad I went...The veer was unstoppable tonight...Only had one long 3rd down all night (3rd and 8)..Four yards a play is hard to stop...The only way NCS stopped UC was when we stopped ourselves...The Tornadoes basically gave NCS two scores...One on the first drive when NCS got the ball inside our 10 yard line after a botched pitch-out....We followed that miscue with a scoring drive...Then when we fumbled on the 4th and short inside our own 15 yard line...We followed that miscue with another scoring drive....Gotta give NCS credit though...They never, ever gave up and that's all a coach can ask for from his kids...UC was just the more physical team tonight...Good Luck next week against the Pirates...I'm sure we'll be given little chance to win that one as well...

NCSdad1962....I sure hope your son gets to feeling better...i had two sons play...Football is tough sport...Only a select few can play it....Please, if you don't do anything else, listen to what Atlas posted...He should know, believe me...Again, praying your son wakes up this morning with a clear head and is feeling much better....

Hey Coach T family would it be possible for someone to upload the video of UCHS vs NCHS game. I am a LCHS alumni, stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I have been tracking TN /LC football from Coach T and making trips from time to time home and State Championship to see games. Nothing like the State of TN football, Hoooaaahhh!!!

This was the first game I have been able to see the Tornadoes play this season due to work and am very glad I went...The veer was unstoppable tonight...Only had one long 3rd down all night (3rd and 8)..Four yards a play is hard to stop...The only way NCS stopped UC was when we stopped ourselves...The Tornadoes basically gave NCS two scores...One on the first drive when NCS got the ball inside our 10 yard line after a botched pitch-out....We followed that miscue with a scoring drive...Then when we fumbled on the 4th and short inside our own 15 yard line...We followed that miscue with another scoring drive....Gotta give NCS credit though...They never, ever gave up and that's all a coach can ask for from his kids...UC was just the more physical team tonight...Good Luck next week against the Pirates...I'm sure we'll be given little chance to win that one as well...

congrats on the win purple and gold. I personally would list UC as the favorite. Can't wait till Friday

Hey guys. Thanks for all your prayers and concern. He's up, hungry, and asking a lot of questions but not the same one more than once like last night. This is so weird since he got hurt in the fourth but the only thing he remembers about the game is the fumble and our score in the first. Not exhibiting any of the warning signs atlas and the docs told us to watch out for. He will be checked out Tuesday at Vandy. He remembered that there's a big SEC game today so that's a good sign. Thanks again.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Hey guys. Thanks for all your prayers and concern. He's up, hungry, and asking a lot of questions but not the same one more than once like last night. This is so weird since he got hurt in the fourth but the only thing he remembers about the game is the fumble and our score in the first. Not exhibiting any of the warning signs atlas and the docs told us to watch out for. He will be checked out Tuesday at Vandy. He remembered that there's a big SEC game today so that's a good sign. Thanks again.

Im relieved to hear that. God Bless.

Prayers from Huntingdon hope he will be ok

Amazing how a team can only run 3 maybe 4 plays all game and put up 42 points.  Got to hand it to UC they executed very well and their O Line played well.  #2 ran the veer option to perfection and except for the fumbled pitched early he played very well.  Not very big or that fast but slippery and consistently made plays all night.  

I was shocked to see the UC coach going for it on fourth down on their own 23 yard line.  That seemed really dumb and up to that point was giving him a lot of credit and thought he was a good coach but that could have really changed the game.  Luckily it did not make a big difference but easily could have.  NC had to many turnovers and couple very costly penalties but UC won the battle in the trenches and the score reflected that.  

The long pass play as time was running out at the end of the first half was the key play that ended up being the differnce and it totally changed the game.  UC scored 35 first half points and NC made a few adjustment at the half and did out score UC in the second half 20 to 7, but it just wasn't enough.  

UC fans showed up in force and were ready to cheer on their team with a great bunch of parents and supporters.  I'll puling for the Tornadoes in Cookeville next week 

I did a quick little highlight video.  Check it out. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rH3AXJzrrI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by youthsportsPIX

It is almost a given that we are going to go for it on 4th and one on our 23.  Had it not been for the fumble, it would have been a first down.  Fumbles are our Achilles heel.  I don't think we punted all night and I'm not sure that we ever gave the ball up on downs.  I'll give one thing to NCS, you made the most of the opportunities that were given to you.  You're definitely the biggest team that we've faced this year.