"Humboldt Vikings", how will they respond this year after winning state?

87vikingalumni

Mr. 87 i was there and the Jr Vikies put on a show! I have never seen this many points put on the board by a Jr High school team in my life and thats saying alot i have watch many! The final score was 86 to 21 Humboldt that was with mercy rule running in the sesond half. Madison just didn't have the quickness to keep up with the Jr Vikes. Jr Vikes have three kids deadly from 3 point range! Have a couple of kids with good size. They all very quick and are tough on the boards. The furture looks bright for the Vikes. I really felt sorry for Madison but Coach let everybody play. They also have a good coach cant remember his name but coached TCA JR high last year and also coach at Dyer.

Wow, 86 points by a middle school with a running clock now that's very impressive! High school team hasn't score that many points, they must have really good three point shooters!! What is the middle school record?

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont think Lake co is ready for humboldt now but hopefully after Chrismtas the Falcons will be a better team.Could come down to coaching adjustments also.Heard Lake co was losing to South Fulton the other night by about 20 points and South Fulton shot a ton of layups.A buddy of mine said Lake Co really likes the man defense.Maybe the Coach can figure out if a team is shooting layup after layup,time to change something.But still,hoping Lake co is better after christmas.The team most people will see then will pretty well be the team next year also except for Zay Coleman.Word I have is that Blevins and Strayhorn have made the grades to play after Christmas.Also heard that Devante Hill,the player that was involved with Lake co having to forfeit games last year by playing at Trenton and then at Lake co without making a move will be allowed to play during the tournaments.Wont be allowed to play the whole regular season .Not sure about that though.Just what i was told.If true,I guess the TSSAA feels like a year and a half is suspension enough.

Edited by mrbigster

Dont think Lake co is ready for humboldt now but hopefully after Chrismtas the Falcons will be a better team.Could come down to coaching adjustments also.Heard Lake co was losing to South Fulton the other night by about 20 points and South Fulton shot a ton of layups.A buddy of mine said Lake Co really likes the man defense.Maybe the Coach can figure out if a team is shooting layup after layup,time to change something.But still,hoping Lake co is better after christmas.The team most people will see then will pretty well be the team next year also except for Zay Coleman.Word I have is that Blevins and Strayhorn have made the grades to play after Christmas.Also heard that Devante Hill,the player that was involved with Lake co having to forfeit games last year by playing at Trenton and then at Lake co without making a move will be allowed to play during the tournaments.Wont be allowed to play the whole regular season .Not sure about that though.Just what i was told.If true,I guess the TSSAA feels like a year and a half is suspension enough.

OK that's why you'll only had eight wins when you'll played MAHS in the sectional last season I know something I was telling my coworker that was not a eight win team

Wow, 86 points by a middle school with a running clock now that's very impressive! High school team hasn't score that many points, they must have really good three point shooters!! What is the middle school record?

I will try to find out what their record is and let you know! I didnt count how many 3 pointers the Jr Vikes had but like i said they have 3 good three point shooter. Jr Vikes have a left hander that hit 5 or 6 in a row. He is not that big but he is a shooter i was impressed! The half time score was 45 to 10. All i could say was i dont believe what i am seeing!

I will try to find out what their record is and let you know! I didnt count how many 3 pointers the Jr Vikes had but like i said they have 3 good three point shooter. Jr Vikes have a left hander that hit 5 or 6 in a row. He is not that big but he is a shooter i was impressed! The half time score was 45 to 10. All i could say was i dont believe what i am seeing!

Yes, that's a lot for a middle school, what type if size do they have?

OK that's why you'll only had eight wins when you'll played MAHS in the sectional last season I know something I was telling my coworker that was not a eight win team

Yea con.It was talked a lot about it last year but you may have missed it.Devante lives in Lake Co.He decided to go to school in dyer Co his freshman year which was legal.Just that he;d have to drive about 50 miles round trip each day.  He wanted to come back and play sports at Lake Co,Since he didnt make a move from Lake Co to Newbern,he couldnt come back to Lake Co without sitting out a year.But if he moved somewhere and then moved back would have been eligible.So supposedely he moved to Trenton.Played two games for Trenton.Ironically one of the games was against Lake Co.The other game was against Humboldt I believe..So then he supposedely moved back to Lake Co.The coach called Trento to ask about him.Trenton didnt know much about his living arrangements .He was cleared to play and played in 7 or 8 games.More information came forward that he never moved to trenton and had lived in Lake Co all along.Probably drove to Trenton for about 2 weeks.So because he played 2 games for Trenton,they had to forfeit 2 games including the game against Lake Co which was a Lake Co win on the floor anyway but still was showed as a forfeit..Lake Co had to forfeit the games he played in and was ruled ineligible the rest of the year.I heard he wasnt going to be allowed to play the rest of the junior year and his senior year.But if the rumour is true,maybe the TSSAA is saying he'd been allowed to play after a year anyway but because of the false information,making him sit out the whole year.Not sure if true that he will get to play.He is fast,will help on defense but not nuch more but will give LC and extra player off the bench and more fouls.But with Blevins and Strayhorn getting to play,will more than likely play about 10 players every night.Playing about 9 players now.Plue Lake Co played bigger schools from Kentucky and ILl,played Dyer Co twice which is a lot bigger school,Southside ,Middleton,TCA.So they played a lot of tough Single A teams out of their district and a lot of bigger schools.Then throw in Humboldt,Union City,South Fulton,3 very powerful teams in the district,the record was deceiving.

Edited by mrbigster

Yea con.It was talked a lot about it last year but you may have missed it.Devante lives in Lake Co.He decided to go to school in dyer Co his freshman year which was legal.Just that he;d have to drive about 50 miles round trip each day. He wanted to come back and play sports at Lake Co,Since he didnt make a move from Lake Co to Newbern,he couldnt come back to Lake Co without sitting out a year.But if he moved somewhere and then moved back would have been eligible.So supposedely he moved to Trenton.Played two games for Trenton.Ironically one of the games was against Lake Co.The other game was against Humboldt I believe..So then he supposedely moved back to Lake Co.The coach called Trento to ask about him.Trenton didnt know much about his living arrangements .He was cleared to play and played in 7 or 8 games.More information came forward that he never moved to trenton and had lived in Lake Co all along.Probably drove to Trenton for about 2 weeks.So because he played 2 games for Trenton,they had to forfeit 2 games including the game against Lake Co which was a Lake Co win on the floor anyway but still was showed as a forfeit..Lake Co had to forfeit the games he played in and was ruled ineligible the rest of the year.I heard he wasnt going to be allowed to play the rest of the junior year and his senior year.But if the rumour is true,maybe the TSSAA is saying he'd been allowed to play after a year anyway but because of the false information,making him sit out the whole year.Not sure if true that he will get to play.He is fast,will help on defense but not nuch more but will give LC and extra player off the bench and more fouls.But with Blevins and Strayhorn getting to play,will more than likely play about 10 players every night.Playing about 9 players now.Plue Lake Co played bigger schools from Kentucky and ILl,played Dyer Co twice which is a lot bigger school,Southside ,Middleton,TCA.So they played a lot of tough Single A teams out of their district and a lot of bigger schools.Then throw in Humboldt,Union City,South Fulton,3 very powerful teams in the district,the record was deceiving.

OK yea for giving false info to tssaa I think u are inelgible for the rest of your high school career

Yes, that's a lot for a middle school, what type if size do they have?

Jr Vikes have decent size not real big. They have a couple of about 5 9 somewhere around. that. The whole team hits the boards well and they  very quick. They will grow a bit before thay get High School. The future looks pretty bright for Humboldt! Like i posted they have some good 3 point shooters!