Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

Well after reading this article I would say it is pretty easy to figure out why they were ejected the officals were from Memphis and who do they play in the championship game, a Memphis University School. See link below!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131123/SPORTS07/311230079/Ricky-Bowers-top-assistant-likely-miss-Ensworth-title-game?nclick_check=1

Here are a cuople of quotes from the article.

Ensworth is likely to be without coach Ricky Bowers and his top assistant for the Dec. 5 Division II-AA championship gameicon1.png against Memphis University School.

Childress said the game report submitted by Lloyd, head of the Memphis-based Mid-South Football Officials Association crew that was assigned to the contest, will be reviewed Monday and a final decision will be reached.

Anybody see any motive to these ejections.

I see Bernard overturning the ejection. I'm sure he'll do so for the right reasons and not because he got "convinced" (read between the lines) by the elite people at mighty Ensworth.

Well after reading this article I would say it is pretty easy to figure out why they were ejected the officals were from Memphis and who do they play in the championship game, a Memphis University School. See link below!

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20131123/SPORTS07/311230079/Ricky-Bowers-top-assistant-likely-miss-Ensworth-title-game?nclick_check=1

Ensworth is likely to be without coach Ricky Bowers and his top assistant for the Dec. 5 Division II-AA championship gameicon1.png against Memphis University School.

Childress said the game report submitted by Lloyd, head of the Memphis-based Mid-South Football Officials Association crew that was assigned to the contest, will be reviewed Monday and a final decision will be reached.

Well after reading this article I would say it is pretty easy to figure out why they were ejected the officals were from Memphis and who do they play in the championship game, a Memphis University School. See link below!

Wow!  It just gets more ridiculous.  Now a "conspiracy theory."  MUS trailed the entire game until scoring the winning TD late in the 4th quarter.  The game ended about 2 minutes before the EHS-BA game ended.   I guess the crooked refs were getting updates during the timeouts???  Unbelievable.....now I think I've finally heard it all.

Edited by owlbooster

Already have, I would see myself playing the Wizard of Oz. As far as envy goes I don't envy cheaters. I am waiting on the "we are just trying to help young people" statement that a lot of the privates always seem to make. The elitist always use that envy line when criticism starts. This will be my last post on the Harvard board, good luck.

Hurry back to your position of esteem in your village; they miss you. We, on the other hand, shall endeavor to persevere without you.

• Upvote 1

Wow!  It just gets more ridiculous.  Now a "conspiracy theory."  MUS trailed the entire game until scoring the winning TD late in the 4th quarter.  The game ended about 2 minutes before the EHS-BA game ended.   I guess the crooked refs were getting updates during the timeouts???  Unbelievable.....now I think I've finally heard it all.

I've got no more idea of what happened than anybody else, and it would be inappropriate for me to comment on the issue. But in all aspects of life, I tend to be pretty skeptical of conspiracy theories. 

Except the government's cover-up of space aliens. That stuff's real.

I see Bernard overturning the ejection. I'm sure he'll do so for the right reasons and not because he got "convinced" (read between the lines) by the elite people at mighty Ensworth.

I am sure if he watches the game tape before he makes his decision he will also see the referees had it out for them all game. Conspiracy theory LOL The Memphis referees do not even know the rules!!!! crooked refs as owlbooster put it you said not me. I was at a game in the playoffs in middle Tn 2 years ago when the Memphis referee crew did not even know the overtime rules LOL pretty bad when all the fans knew them and yes TSSAA admitted the refs made a mistake in the playoff game the following Monday but could not do anything about it LOL what a joke. I just do not see a referee not knowing the rules!!!! I say suspend all Memphis referee crews from the playoffs!!!! Make it fair!!!!

I am sure if he watches the game tape before he makes his decision he will also see the referees had it out for them all game. Conspiracy theory LOL The Memphis referees do not even know the rules!!!! crooked refs as owlbooster put it you said not me. I was at a game in the playoffs in middle Tn 2 years ago when the Memphis referee crew did not even know the overtime rules LOL pretty bad when all the fans knew them and yes TSSAA admitted the refs made a mistake in the playoff game the following Monday but could not do anything about it LOL what a joke. I just do not see a referee not knowing the rules!!!! I say suspend all Memphis referee crews from the playoffs!!!! Make it fair!!!!

The rant continues   Who left the doors unlocked and let the D1 crazies out today?  You implied the refs were crooked.  I guess I should have said "crooked' (in quotes) so the mentally challenged might understand the sarcasm.....

I'm pretty sure stupid, incompetent, biased, crooked (do I need to use quotes?) refs from Memphis called several other games Friday night.  You should be able to fill up at least a page with your insights.  Make sure you forward it all to Bernard.

I can recall only one "death penalty" case, and that was with McCallie's wrestling program in the mid-90s.  I can't recall any public school death penalties.  I think Austin-East had to suspend football (and maybe other sports) in the early 70s for a year, and I think the same occurred at the now-defunct Cameron High School in Nashville in the late 60s.  Those were effectively death penalties, although I don't think the term really took on the meaning it has today until the early 80s with the SMU scandal.

Cameron was suspended from all interscholastic sports for an entire school year '69-'70. It involved actions of students and fans at a basketball tournament game. I can't imagine that penalty being given now.

Edited by KWoodroof

A judgement call,which this was cannot be overturned, this is in the policy set by board of control. I think this goes beyond Bernard making the call. Ejections are not subject to review. If the official made a bad call that is just how it goes with judgement calls. I do not think a conspiracy theory will hold water in any decision. Could arrogance play a part in the actions of both parties? There are some who feel they are above all others and entitled to do whatever they want.