Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

I'm not a private school fan but I think more of an investigation should have been done than what I have read and seen. The videos are inconclusive. Why were the refs still even on the field. Why was he even talking to Ricky after the game was over. You cannot tell what bumping took place or who initiated it. You cannot tell what language was used or who said or initiated it. Obviously there were witnesses. We're they questioned? From what I can tell neither men acted very mature. Why would either have anything to say. If either approached the other why not walk away. However, none of what I saw or heard or have read warrants being ejected. Was there an initial flag and then a second? I have stated on multiple posts that the referees should have a system in place to be held accountable. Until this is done more issues like this will occur. I have a feeling this whole mess will start something much bigger.

So it's official. Ricky and Wade are out. Can they attend the game? If so will they have to pay? And i just have to ask.....With all the technology will the CIA dept of the TSSAA monitor their phones?

don't worry the NSA has it covered.  WIll ultimately be up to obama. who knows they might even send a drone to monitor their whereabouts 

The referee has jurisdiction until the game ends. Since there was a flag on the final play of the game (albeit a dead ball foul), the game would continue until the penalty situation was resolved. Beyond that, an official can file an "Unusual Incident Report" on any situation he is aware of, even if the game is over.

I have never seen a the official do what the ref did.  They throw the flag call the penalty and run off the field, not go confront the HC coach in an aggressive manner.  IF the report says the ejections were for cursing why was it not addressed at the time unless this all occured during the mayley which ensued after the penalty on the last play.  OF COURSE this is all hearsay, but the bumping issue is clearly on tape thanks to FOX 17 and the Ref is the instigator and should be done for next season too.get way more than a game suspension for a game he was never going to get any way.  Typical TSSAA support the wrong thing because they write in 'a no appeal clause', because they are above any reproach and the shadiest organizaton ever.  Do what they want when they want and could careless about what is best for the kids in every situation not just this one.  Every school should drop out and start a new association with the focus on integrity and kids.

I have stated on multiple posts that the referees should have a system in place to be held accountable. Until this is done more issues like this will occur. I have a feeling this whole mess will start something much bigger.

Reasonable people would agree with you and hope something much bigger would ensue but that would require integrity and accountability and we are talking about the T$$AA.

How do you know Ricky did nothing wrong? How do know what he or Wade said to officials during the game? The rules say that both he and Wade will have to sit the next game but here is where the private school ran TSSAA will I am sure come up with some type of extenuating circumstances that will allow him to coach. If this were a inner city school coach they would throw the book at him. No sympathy here, treat him just like everyone else, no better or worse.

First, I am in no way a Ricky Bowers fan and I have worked the chains when we have played them and yes it seems his primary job is to be in the refs ears. With that said if they didn't like what he was saying during the game then that's when he should have been ejected. This is not the only thing that the refs should have criticized about. How do you stop the game, make a kid sit a play because their shirt wasn't tucked in. What a joke. Just so happened it was the starting tailback. Nothing wrong with making them,tuck,in the jersey but to make them miss a play. Something going on. Not sure what your saying about if it were an inner city coach, everyone is inner city compared to Ensworth, it's $30,000 just about to go there. I don't see any other school having to deal,with this issue right now. That ref is wrong and everyone knows but since people dislike Bowers so much it's ok, but really it's not.

Very well said Rhyno. It's ashame it is Bowers and people just don't like him. If it were a popular well liked, well respected coach people, schools, coaches would or maybe I should say they should pitch a FIT to TSSAA. Bottom line this isn't right, schools, coaches should be outraged at TSSAA. They have way to much control and nobody to govern them. Heck they give TSSAA passes to schools for coaches and administrators to get in games for free but when the playoffs start only certain cards are accepted. They don't care how many cards are used during the regular season because that cuts into the schools gate but come playoff time they limit he passes because they not going to let anyone cut into their profits ( that's another conversation). When are schools systems gonna finally stand up for what is right?? Same reason it's not right that 3a schools must compete with 4a schools, etc. TN private schools have the highest multiplier in the country, not right. I understand having rules but not when a bully is in charge!

First, I am in no way a Ricky Bowers fan and I have worked the chains when we have played them and yes it seems his primary job is to be in the refs ears. With that said if they didn't like what he was saying during the game then that's when he should have been ejected.

Maybe the Refs did tell Ricky to shut his pie hole a couple of times and warned him. We don't know what happened during the game. I can guarantee you that Ricky and probably Wade had something to say about the tucking in the jersey warning. Plus Ricky tends to go out on the field to communicate with the team and the Refs could have warned him to stay on sideline. So after a few warnings the Ref was trigger happy and bang Ricky is ejected.

It seems to be a unanimous opinion - or close to it - that RB got shafted by an out-of-control official.  Does anybody know about Wade?  What was the supposed beef with him?

I've got a sneaking suspicion we haven't heard the final word on this.  There are 10 days to go before the game and Ensworth I'm sure has some good attorneys in their camp.  Maybe a fairer outcome is still reachable.

Edited by owlbooster

Maybe the Refs did tell Ricky to shut his pie hole a couple of times and warned him. We don't know what happened during the game. I can guarantee you that Ricky and probably Wade had something to say about the tucking in the jersey warning. Plus Ricky tends to go out on the field to communicate with the team and the Refs could have warned him to stay on sideline. So after a few warnings the Ref was trigger happy and bang Ricky is ejected.

You obviously have attended a few games.....LOL....Ricky sometimes needs to be tethered....

Edited by owlbooster