Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

And in Knoxville it is the law that you must have a hitching post in front of your building...so much for the wisdom of always following the law or policy. Whose Kharma?

It is Karma,look it up. Nothing wrong with having a hitching post in front of your building. You need to have somewhere to tie your horse. It is also illegal to have a donkey in the bathtub in Georgia. We took ours to the barn,got off with a warning.

As the Tennessean reported this morning, both Bowers and Wade are excluded from being on the premises.  Coaching aside, it is the last high school game for Coach Wade's son.  What a shame that he would be excluded even as a spectator.

Like a previous poster said, Ensworth technology is superior to most, he can probably watch it anywhere. It is on TV also.

Blazeburnin, actually very accurate. KWoodroof obviously has seen the handbook also.

The head referee decides when the game is officially over, period.

With that being said, it was obviously an overblown situation by the official. The problem is that there is no recourse for bad officiating. They do not answer to anyone.

I couldn't agree more that the head referee decides when the game is oficially over.  The clock reading 0:00 doesn't mean the game is over.  The white hat has to signal the game is over.  In the Deadspin video after the jumble on the sidelines the white hat comes to the field and puts his arms out to the side (the official signal that the game is over).  If they wanted to retain jurisdiction and settle the situation, he shouldn't have done that.  The ref throws the flag AFTER the signal to end the game.

Agree, it was WAY overblown.  At any rate, these guys would be perfectly suited to call games up in Bowling Green.  Do a little research on Blackman vs Bowling Green this year for some unbelievable officiating.

It would be interesting to see if some of Ensworth's supporters that happen to be lawyers take this to the court system and get an injunction until an investigation could be done.

I hadn't seen the Fox 17 footage, and I am even more convinced this was an over-reach.  The players are in the handshake line and the coaches are shaking hands when the "ejection" happened.  The game was "officially" over WAY before that.  WOW, what a tool that white hat was.  What was with the last jab of "you're out next week too" or something like that?  Low class.

It has been confirmed that the crew was from Memphis.

The T$$AA "sanctioning" this one referee has no worth.  If he worked this semi final, it's highly likely he and his crew would not be working a state game anyways (I asked my local striped source).  This means, basically, the ref isn't even serving a penalty.  These guys are considered contractors, so I say he gets fired permanantly.   No more game assignments.  But this still doesnt make it right or comparable to your coaches sitting out the state game.

For the best interest of the Div II championship game, the T$$AA should assign the Div II game to a zebra crew from as far away as possible.  They need to use a crew from as far East as possibly, who has no clue who Ricky Bobby is.  Or is it Bowers?  I talked to my lunch time high school football buddies up here in NET and none of them had even heard of this situation or Coach Bowers.  We don't have Div II schools up here.  Or, the T$$AA can give you a group of zebras from Memphis again.  What would you all prefer?  ;)   I just think its unwise and almost unsafe to go with another West or Middle TN zebra herd.  It's like a lawyer asking for a case to be moved out of an area where he doesnt think his client will get a fair trial due to media and such.  Can you guys "get a fair trial" by those striped fellers down there? :popcorneater:  Too much bad zebra behavior out of West TN.  The boys just don't know the rules down there.

Edited by Pudding

And the significance of this is ???  Bowers" "reputation" is statewide.  Doesn't  matter where the refs came from.  Playoff games are always called by an "out of town" crew.  Which is why I get so peeved when sometimes fans complain about getting "homered" in a playoff game.  Odds are the crew for the MBA-MUS game was from Chattanooga or somewhere other than metro Memphis or Nashville.

Never heard of him up here.  No lie.  Paper said it was a Memphis crew, dude. 

Edited by Pudding