Ricky Bowers Ejected

BARTLETTHSGRAD04

absolutely shocking, my only question is the T$$AA claims there is no appeal process so how did they get the chance to even make an appeal good fo wade and bowers

There is no appeal on ejections and judgement calls. The appeal was on a "misapplication of the rules" which you can appeal. The official gave up jurisdiction when he signaled that the game was over. Then he tried to eject Bowers and Wade, but he had no more jurisdiction, and that is against the rules.

I just can't believe the T$$AA got something right. I am shocked, but glad for all involved.

There is no appeal on ejections and judgement calls. The appeal was on a "misapplication of the rules" which you can appeal. The official gave up jurisdiction when he signaled that the game was over. Then he tried to eject Bowers and Wade, but he had no more jurisdiction, and that is against the rules.

I just can't believe the T$$AA got something right. I am shocked, but glad for all involved.

So to play devils advocate here with this ruling a coach can curse at an official or whatever he wants with no penalty since the officials have no jurisdiction after the game is over. Not taking sides of who was right or wrong in the altercation just putting something out for thought.

So to play devils advocate here with this ruling a coach can curse at an official or whatever he wants with no penalty since the officials have no jurisdiction after the game is over. Not taking sides of who was right or wrong in the altercation just putting something out for thought.

That is why officials usually call the game and get the heck off the field.

You something for thought is off base.  No one on the field confirms that Coach Bowers used profanity.  The Fox 17 film caught the incident after the game had been declared officially over and  it is easy to review and pretty clear what happened.  

You something for thought is off base.  No one on the field confirms that Coach Bowers used profanity.  The Fox 17 film caught the incident after the game had been declared officially over and  it is easy to review and pretty clear what happened.

Not saying he did. Just what I read in the newspaper. I don't think the tssaa said anything about that but that the official had no jurisdiction to eject him. My question is what happens to a coach or player who does curse an official after the game is officially over? Just wondering if tssaa has opened a big can of worms.

Not saying he did. Just what I read in the newspaper. I don't think the tssaa said anything about that but that the official had no jurisdiction to eject him. My question is what happens to a coach or player who does curse an official after the game is officially over? Just wondering if tssaa has opened a big can of worms.

I understand the question now - good topic for discussion - sorry I misunderstood it.  I am highly skeptical of anything printed in "Pravda on the Cumberland" and the players I talked to said Coach Bowers did not use profanity.

I think the TSSAA needs to get more involved.  This business of sub contracting out control of games to those that have no accountability and in some cases (not all) lesser brains is not just wrong, its dangerous to the student athletes.  But I got $100 that says this would have never been overturned had it been a Memphis Melrose, Whites Creek, or Knox West.  

the officials confirmed that he used profanity, as did his assistant. the fox video did not have the entire altercation, just the tail end of it. either way, the game was over and the coaches' should have been getting their players off the field rather than bumping and f bombing the ref's. jmo