News Sentinel Please stop talking about Cheyenne Hooper!

hsfootballfan777

Surprised by the CAK/McMinn Central score. I thought CAK would win this one by 15+. Anyone there that can provide insight to what happened?

From a Central perspective:

Divide and conquer (though conquer is a very strong word; contain may be better). Points and possession were spread out well. Kelsey Myers with 17, Jacobi Lynn 15, Bailey Grey 11. 5 more between 5 and 10 points each. Central spread the ball around a lot and took what was given to them. They are very deep and becoming deeper each game. They are much better now than they looked at the beginning of the season (perhaps where you thought CAK may win by 15+). They are only getting better and will continue to. Jacobi is on fire and Kelsey is really hitting her stride after missing all of last season. Peyton Williams, Elizabeth Trentham, Allie Coleman, Hannah Cherry, Bailey Martin are all contributing well and are dangerous. Central is much better spread out this year than in the past few seasons.

I won't pretend to think that CAK is playing their best either. They are very talented and scary. I was worried whether we could win last night, but it's been a VERY long time since any team beat Central by 15+. As they continue to adjust to a new post game, they will be much, much better. They should be back at state this year.

Edited by Cody

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great test for both teams. Watching the game I felt like Central has no legs. They are not in the physical condition they should be in. I feel like CAK has very little depth. I saw an above post say that if CAK has Hooper they win the game. Not sure I agree with that at all. Yes she would have made a huge difference but a game changer I don't know. Neither team played to their capabilities but Central got the job done. Also someone said they thought CAK would win by 15 plus. That's almost laughable. Central is always good as has CAK in recent years. Not sure how you came to this conclusion. MC is loaded with talent as usual. They are young. But they are big, fast, and aggressive and I think they will be a tough team to contend with. Just my opinion.

This was a great test for both teams. Watching the game I felt like Central has no legs. They are not in the physical condition they should be in. I feel like CAK has very little depth. I saw an above post say that if CAK has Hooper they win the game. Not sure I agree with that at all. Yes she would have made a huge difference but a game changer I don't know. Neither team played to their capabilities but Central got the job done. Also someone said they thought CAK would win by 15 plus. That's almost laughable. Central is always good as has CAK in recent years. Not sure how you came to this conclusion. MC is loaded with talent as usual. They are young. But they are big, fast, and aggressive and I think they will be a tough team to contend with. Just my opinion.

Because I saw them play a week before the regular season started and they were sub-par at best then. I don't know if they were missing players or not that day but they definitely did not look like a typical McMinn Central team. Everyone in East TN has played CAK up to be a lock for a gold ball and after seeing Central struggle against middle of the pack district contenders, I thought CAK would take this one. Not laughable.

A few of the starters were on the bench and hardly played in either of the games at William Blount. I think there were some lessons being taught from the coaching staff. It was tough to watch but I think they got their point across. This is a young MC team that will go through some ups and downs as the year progresses but they are very talented as is CAK. Again my main concern about MC is their lack of conditioning. Most of them are gassed by the 4 or 5 minute mark of each quarter. Hopefully that will improve as the year goes by. Best of luck to both squads.

Hsfootballfan

Well a week has gone by and no word on Hooper in the paper.  Of course they have not report on any of the games CAK have lost in the past week either. McMinn Central and Grainger County had their way with the Warriors and not a peep from the KNS.  I will say this,  If Hooper is in the line up for those games CAK has a much better chance of winning.  I know that Hodges would not have scored 25 on them last night. Hooper held her to 11 points last year.  CAK is not the same team they were last year with her absence.  Somebody is goig to have to step up and fill that spot. Kudos to Hodges,  she was tough to gaurd and made her way to the rim with ease. Now we will see if GC can get over the hump this year and make it to state.  Congrats to GC for a game well played.

Edited by EBTHER

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...