Elizabethton vs Hampton 11-26-2013

uknoit2

Coach Honeycutt brings the 'clones to H-Town a week after beating SHHS....Eliz will be a tough win, but I believe the DOGS put just as much talent on the floor.

The biggest problem I see with HHS (at this point) is aggressive hustle on the boards....Yea, we don't have the bigs this season, but you don't have to be massive to box out and rebound!!

I remember a kid named Tolley that dominated the boards at 6'2 170 lbs...a few "decades" ago :mrgreen:

If we hustle back to the D boards and not play arch to arch, this will be a fun game to watch.

I can promise the DOGS one thing....Honeycutt will have his boys ready to play...We have to play 4-qtrs. of TEAM ball, and  match their intensity to get the W.

GO DOGS!!!!

Edited by uknoit2

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to Hampton but after seeing both teams play SH, I've got to go with Elizabethton. I don't believe Hampton has anyone that can keep the Clark kid for 'Betsy in check.

I would too if based on those two games....Clark had an unreal outing against SHHS...We have one or two that can play him a lil closer than many might imagine...But then again, he may eat us alive! Its hard to figure which team will show up this early in the season

Coach Honeycutt brings the 'clones to H-Town a week after beating SHHS....Eliz will be a tough win, but I believe the DOGS put just as much talent on the floor.

The biggest problem I see with HHS (at this point) is aggressive hustle on the boards....Yea, we don't have the bigs this season, but you don't have to be massive to box out and rebound!!

I remember a kid named Tolley that dominated the boards at 6'2 170 lbs...a few "decades" ago :mrgreen:

If we hustle back to the D boards and not play arch to arch, this will be a fun game to watch.

I can promise the DOGS one thing....Honeycutt will have his boys ready to play...We have to play 4-qtrs. of TEAM ball, and  match their intensity to get the W.

GO DOGS!!!!

It will take a TEAM effort! Non stop action...keep their cool and look for the OPEN man...no crazy shots. You're right CRASH THE BOARDS!

YEP!!!!

Ive noticed a bit too much standing around, being easily boxed out, etc....Effort will go a long way tonight

What few times I've watched them seems like nobody goes to the boards but  I guess its hard to get down the floor when the first one down the floor pulls up and tries to shoot a 3. Way too many shots taken with no one under the goal. 

What few times I've watched them seems like nobody goes to the boards but  I guess its hard to get down the floor when the first one down the floor pulls up and tries to shoot a 3. Way too many shots taken with no one under the goal. 

Would agree with that also...But, if you watced Mentor  play in the Arbys, thats exactly how they play the game...We're just not as good at it...Yet B)