Dumb and Dumber...An Ensworth Perspective

airstrip1

Best football in the state?  St. Benedict 1-9, McCallie 3-7, Briarcrest 4-6, PJPII 4-6, Christian Bros. 5-5.  Whatever.  And ya'll wonder why folks think ya'll are elitists.

Just saying, in this division, you have to be better than one team to be in the Top 10, is all.

Big fish, small pond theory I guess.

The 4 semi-finalists in D2-AA could play with, and likely beat, any team in the state. Not trying to get in an argument with the Maryville faithful, but these 4 teams are right up there at the top with Maryville and maybe a couple of others.

As for the "weaker" teams in D2-AA, one of the 5 wins that Christian Brothers put on the books was a 34-23 whuppin' of 6A semi-finalist White Station. As a point of comparison, CBHS lost to MUS by 45-9 and to Ensworth by 40-11. One of McCallie's 3 wins was a 55-35 beatdown of 5A semi-finalist Cleveland.

All told, D2-AA played against 3 schools that are in the semi-finals of 4A, 5A and 6A. Their record in those 3 games, was 3-0, with the closest game the 11 point win by CBHS against White Station. Yeah, it's the best football in the state - by far.

I stand by my statement with one small correction.

I previously said, big fish, small pond. Winning a state title in this classification, being the best of 11 teams??!! Big fish, TINY pond.

Yeah - you're right. The SEC only has 14 teams - guess they are swimming in a pretty small pond as well. Conference USA fields more football teams than does the SEC - that means they have a bigger pond to swim in. Meaningful stuff - thanks for the observation.

Glock have the AD of the team that you represent or (pull for ) in Chattanooga or North Georgia ....call Coach Potter at McCallie or Coach Massey at Baylor and schedule a game. I am sure these coaches would like to stay in the Chattanooga area and play their non region games. Their is one more year left on the contracts and then teams can make a new schedule. McCallie out of region games this year were

Cleveland

McMinn co

Bowling Green K

Siegel

No school from Hamilton Co is on McCallie schedule. Kudos to Cleveland , and McMinn they will play just about anybody.

Yeah and the SEC competes with other conferences for a championship. I don't think D2AA teams have to compete with other classifications to win their 11 team championship.

Dang, I expected more from the private school folks.

Wait - what? So D1 plays in some kinda national championship after the State title games? I didn't realize that. I thought we were talking about the size of the pond in which they regularly compete - D2-AA is small (like the SEC); D1 is very large (like Conference USA).

I stand by my statement with one small correction.

I previously said, big fish, small pond. Winning a state title in this classification, being the best of 11 teams??!! Big fish, TINY pond.

I know this is tough for you to comprehend after seeing your previous stmts. I have no idea what school you represent - lower sloblovia i'd guess. you'd lose to multiple DII schools. and i'll go further than red robin - so would any public school this yr and other yrs. I've watched the so-called top rated schools in TN  outside of DII AA - one word - SLOOOOWWWW.  DII would LOVE to play for one single c-ship in TN. Of course we are the only ones who feel that way. You may want to tune into the DII c-ship dec 5th, they are the best teams in TN.  Pls let me know your school - i'll make sure we call them to sched a game. And i'll let you know what they say although i already know the answer 

Meritage I think he is a Hixson fan. It's north of Chattanooga .... Pretty area near the water. Typical private school envy. They lost to Brainerd a team Ensworth and Baylor both beat 55-13 / 55-19.

I know this is tough for you to comprehend after seeing your previous stmts. I have no idea what school you represent - lower sloblovia i'd guess. you'd lose to multiple DII schools. and i'll go further than red robin - so would any public school this yr and other yrs. I've watched the so-called top rated schools in TN  outside of DII AA - one word - SLOOOOWWWW.  DII would LOVE to play for one single c-ship in TN. Of course we are the only ones who feel that way. You may want to tune into the DII c-ship dec 5th, they are the best teams in TN.  Pls let me know your school - i'll make sure we call them to sched a game. And i'll let you know what they say although i already know the answer