South Pittsburg vs Union City (Moore man vs. Bowling man)

rlh

Geno...U C has a 2000 yard rusher, a Q B at 1000 yards and 3 other backs between 500 & 1000 yards. I will say this also, our back will be the hardest running back you have faced all season...it will take more than just one wearing orange and black to bring him down to the ground. Oh...and keep your eye on our #53....may put him in the backfield also for a few yards...I will let you see how big he is in person come Friday morning. We only use him when we have to. South pitt fellas' may be fast but I don't think they have been hit as hard as they are about to be. Just has NCS....they were all talking pregame and they had twice the size on us in several positions...even their running backs but before you know it..it was 28 - 7 in a blink of a eye. We should match up very well...we will be very simple ( the veer simple ? ) and nothing flashy but we get the job done. Good luck to your team.

Union City might win the game, but I promise SP has been hit in the mouth. Polk County, Hixson and Marion County were all very physical teams.

I really like what SP does. If union is still running the same stuff you can try to take midline away from them with two 1 tech.or a half butted 2.  I had to deal with that and puts me in a gun formation running the veer.  In other words we are reading the 5 or 6 tech instead of the 3, easier read out of gun.  Their is one more thing you can do with 3 and 5 tech that will cause all sorts of problems with option.  Talked about it at an Atlanta Glazer clinic. I had very athletic black athletes with no huddle and took coaching out of equation. Basically I got to see how the defense was going to line up before I ran the play.  We were a 4A program with 21 kids. No huddle was probably not the best choice in week 12 so what were we going to do?  I have  not seen film on Union this year so I really don't know what they are going to do but only speculate.  My suspicions are that it will be simple and they will do those things very well..  

Edited by possum

I really like what SP does. If union is still running the same stuff you can try to take midline away from them with two 1 tech.or a half butted 2.  I had to deal with that and puts me in a gun formation running the veer.  In other words we are reading the 5 or 6 tech instead of the 3, easier read out of gun.  Their is one more thing you can do with 3 and 5 tech that will cause all sorts of problems with option.  Talked about it at an Atlanta Glazer clinic. I had very athletic black athletes with no huddle and took coaching out of equation. Basically I got to see how the defense was going to line up before I ran the play.  We were a 4A program with 21 kids. No huddle was probably not the best choice in week 12 so what were we going to do?  I have  not seen film on Union this year so I really don't know what they are going to do but only speculate.  My suspicions are that it will be simple and they will do those things very well..  

If you think you have the veer stopped, the QB is definitely capable of beating you with the pass as well. Union City relies on the veer, but if needed to do so, they can sling it around too. This team is pretty impressive for the 1A level. Balance, speed, size, high motored players..... Good luck this week UC!

UC would have to beat me throwing the ball, however everything you say is on point. Should be a good game. To beat UC SP will have to be very disciplined. I have no idea who UC has played this year, but I know SP has been battle tested.  Heck I may learn a thing or two from UC this weekend.  My weakness is the passing game, but I am working on it.  I would love a copy of the game film.  Both teams have a safe trip and embellish the moment. God bless. Just  turn out the lights before you guys leave. You have to love small town football.   

Both of these teams are battle tested and bring impressive teams to Cookeville Friday. Both rely on a tough ground game and a stiff defense. As it has been said, penalties and turnovers will determine the game as these look to be two evenly matched teams.

SP has only played one other school twice in the state game...Lake Co. They lost to them in 1985 but returned the favor in 1994. I am looking for the Pirates to repeat history and bring the gold ball home by 1 point.

Edited by UncleDave

Sure is. Mr Football Pushing 2000 Yards and A PowerBack With 1400 yards And a Wing with 600 yatds and 4 more behind him. And dont forget About our JR QB that is Pushing 5500 yards passing in his carrer so far

SP has had a qb throw for 5500 yards?  I thought he had around 1000 this year and that Stone boy was the quarterback last year, wasn't he?

Edited by rikberry

SP has had a qb throw for 5500 yards? I thought he had around 1000 this year and that Stone boy was the quarterback last year, wasn't he?

True.. but i didnt say he did it at Spitt. He had 4500 yards passibg at North Jackson his freshman and Sophmore year before Transfering. 5500 in his carreir

Post # 3,000. I will say this for South Pittsburg. Everyone needs to take a step back and realize what this team has done over the last 7 years. Some teams never get to the big dance. Making it 5 out of 7 years is very impressive. Yes, I know the last few years 1A has been watered down, but it still takes serious concentration, work ethic, and determination to get the the title game. The key to this game is stopping that fullback dive. If SP can do that, I like their chances. It will be exciting for sure!