Alcoa v. CPA 3A Championship

All the talk about CPA offensive line being so big and powerful (which they are) reminds of all the talk about those Goodpasture all-star offensive lines (which they were).  When the time came to play Alcoa they did absolutely nothing.

Not saying it will be the same, but sounds exactly the same.  Goodpasture rolls over everybody with that big line and land a big fat middle tenn egg against Alcoa.

Edited by oldhick76

snapback.png

It was and still is a serious question mark. I am not sure how the weather affects either team and am interested to hear different opinions.

To me, the weather has the biggest effect on special teams, snaps, fielding punts, field goals, etc.  Wind will effect passing more.  Power running negates the weather.  Advantage Alcoa.

Edited by oldhick76

snapback.png

You said that with the weather forecast a CPA win is "more possible". If this doesn't mean you think the rain (weather) helps CPA, then I don't understand your post.

It was and still is a serious question mark. I am not sure how the weather affects either team and am interested to hear different opinions.

Ok, I'll bite...I don't think that under normal weather conditions (sunshine, no wind, dry surface...) that CPA will beat Alcoa. However, I think that with wet, cold conditions they have a better chance. No science, just MHO!

All the talk about CPA offensive line being so big and powerful (which they are) reminds of all the talk about those Goodpasture all-star offensive lines (which they were).  When the time came to play Alcoa they did absolutely nothing.

Not saying it will be the same, but sounds exactly the same.  Goodpasture rolls over everybody with that big line and land a big fat middle tenn egg against Alcoa.

Yep. If I were an Alcoa fan (or an East TN fan), I would be saying the same thing. Like I've been saying all week, until someone from Middle/West can prove it, then it is all just talk at this point.

Everyone agrees weather is going to affect the outcome but neither team can predict exactly where or wihen. In my experience wet and rain usually give an advantage to a power running team which would be Alcoa.

However I've seen CB's slip and let WR's run free because DBs react on wet turf while WRs know their cuts. Advantage CPA or advantage neutral.

I have also seen wet balls get fumbled easier. Snaps, punts, kicks, fielding punts will be tough for both teams. A turnover caused by a wet ball could help either team at a critical point in the game. We know the weather will affect the game just hard to predict how or when.

All I know is to tell them to Bundle up and strap on your chin strap! This one is less than 24 hours away. Go Lions!