Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

So the fact that West has played a stronger schedule than Henry in both the regular season and the post season does not hold more water than spitting out rushing and passing stats?  Also keep in mind that other than Maryville whenever West has faced a top 10 opponent they have really stepped up big, I do not think this week will be any different

I think this is going to be a great football game! Very well could be the Game of the Week...

PA... U mad bro? Cleveland talked all that smack online about their first meeting with West. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. From pre game meal to late arrivals. What's the excuse this time around? Admit it bro, West was just better! Twice!

And yes PA, I know you are an Ooltewah fan....

Edited by erell38

That is pretty impressive, West had to play AP# 5 Cleveland twice and the first game ended up 32-25 and the second time they played it was 49-14, that is also impressive, not taking anything away from the 3 wins Henry Co. had against teams they played twice as it is always hard to beat a team twice, but keep in mind that those 3 wins were against A bad Kenwood team that finished 5-6 and national rank of 4,382 so I don't really think that one is as impressive as that is the equivalent of West playing a team like Lenoir city twice, and the other 2 wins were against an average to above average Northeast team that finished 8-6 with a ranking of 2,477 and a 7-6 Ridgeway team that finishes ranked 1,586.  The Cleveland team that West beat twice finished with 10 wins and a ranking of 449

That is pretty impressive, West had to play AP# 5 Cleveland twice and the first game ended up 32-25 and the second time they played it was 49-14, that is also impressive, not taking anything away from the 3 wins Henry Co. had against teams they played twice as it is always hard to beat a team twice, but keep in mind that those 3 wins were against A bad Kenwood team that finished 5-6 and national rank of 4,382 so I don't really think that one is as impressive as that is the equivalent of West playing a team like Lenoir city twice, and the other 2 wins were against an average to above average Northeast team that finished 8-6 with a ranking of 2,477 and a 7-6 Ridgeway team that finishes ranked 1,586.  The Cleveland team that West beat twice finished with 10 wins and a ranking of 449

I tell you what Mav , your research is very Impressive 

OK guys, as requested per my West friends, remember I don't take the time to do this for just anyone lol:

Knox West vs. Henry Co. Matchup:

Record:

West: 13-1 (6-1) Henry: 14-0 (7-0)

National Ranking:

West: 271 Henry: 484

State Ranking:

West: 9 Henry: 13

5A Ranking:

West: 1 (AP 2) Henry: 3 (AP 1)

Schedule Ranking:

West: 119.52 Henry: 112.27

Result vs. Schedule ranking:

West: 141.98 Henry: 134.09

Points Scored/Allowed:

West: 589-215 (42-15) Henry: 530-240 (38-17)

Result vs. AP top 10 opponent:

West: 4-1 Henry: 2-0

Points Scored/Allowed vs. AP top 10 Opponent:

West: 205-78 (41-16) Henry: 46-41 (23-21)

Playoff Scored/Allowed:

West: 191-51 (48-13) Henry: 154-57 (39-14)

Playoff Opponents Record:

West: 36-14 (72%) Henry: 29-21 (58%)

Teams played in Playoffs with a top 10 AP ranking:

West: 3 Henry: 1

Teams played in Playoffs with 10+ wins:

West: 3 Henry: 0

Games Played through season vs. .500 or better teams:

West: 8 Henry: 8

Opponents Record:

West: 94-71 (57%) Henry: 81-81 (50%)

Games Played vs. +10 win teams:

West: 6 Henry: 0

Games Played vs. teams that are currently Undefeated:

West: 1 Henry: 0

Senior Group:

Senior Post Season Record:

West: 11-3 (79%) Henry: 10-2 (83%)

Senior career record:

West: 44-10 (81%) Henry: 47-5 (90%)

With the above information I have come to a few conclusions, The first is that if a Henry fan thinks that for some reason they have played a schedule that is harder than West they are sadly mistaken and the above information proves just that, West only loss is to the Beast from the East Maryville and had Henry played them they would have lost that game as well as would just about any other team in the state. Had West played anyone other than Maryville they would also be undefeated and would have won their district and had all games up to this point at home, but even if you exclude Maryville and add an average team to that spot the West Schedule is more difficult. Another conclusion is the path to Cookeville, West had to defeat the AP #4 and #5 teams at home as well as travel to the AP #3 to win a very tuff game on the road which I believe will show after next week to be the 5A post season game that decided the Championship, My opinion so don't freak out. Also you will see that the JR and SR groups for both teams have pretty much the same post-season experience so neither team will be at a disadvantage in that department. If you went by just the numbers alone given the strength of schedule that West has had to endure with the results they have gotten than I do not see how anyone that is unbias to the 2 teams could pick anything other than West +6. However my gut seems to tell me that West will pull away in that game and I will pick:

West: 33, Henry 14

This is my opinion, feel free to make it you own. Good luck to both teams on an injury free game and I hope West can come through.

Mav thank u so much for taking the time to do this...ur the man

Thanks Pepvol, I try very hard to give information as to why I pick these games and for the most part I have been pretty close this season, of coarse it is High School kids so there is no telling what will actually happen lol.  I have no dog in this fight and have based my prediction off of a combination of me being able to see West play a few times, knowing the quality of teams they have played and looking at Henrys schedule and results, I have not actually seen Henry play and could be completely wrong and that is fine.

If Henry County got a ferocious defense that loves to pop...They could very well soften up the Veer. Now the dbs from West were ferocious#pop

Tell me again how simple it is to stop the veer coach troll. Just like you did last week. If you forgot, I can pull that post up for you. Dribble drive brother, dribble drive.

I think this is going to be a great football game! Very well could be the Game of the Week...PA... U mad bro? Cleveland talked all that smack online about their first meeting with West. Everything that could go wrong went wrong. From pre game meal to late arrivals. What's the excuse this time around? Admit it bro, West was just better! Twice!And yes PA, I know you are an Ooltewah fan....

So you had to get off A the mothballs for a moment? Lol