Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

WH4L how do you think you compare to Powell's 2011 team?

They're quite comparable. West has a hard hitting defense like Powell did and a great rb (although Cottrell is MUCH faster than Mobley). What sets this team apart from Powell in 2011 is overall athleticism. West has 5 or so guys that can take it to the house anytime they touch it, including the qb.

Edited by RunninRebels

West talk too Much..I'm Going with The Henry County TEAM because I am a defensive minded guy and want to see a team #pop n stop the run. That will be a true champion IMO to stop something that has worked for a team all season. . Prove me wrong and I will have a slice of Humble Pie.

I've seen both play this season and think the key is West's defense stopping the Henry County grind so the Rebel offense can get on the field, O Owl with nothing to hoot about.

Edited by plumb69

WH4L how do you think you compare to Powell's 2011 team?

2011 Powell is bigger in the trenches than us and they had a very balanced offense attack with their passing and running game. We pass when we need it but our run game is our bread and butter. Obviously Powell had Mobley and he is at KY now, but Cottrell is special with that 4.3 speed. Different backs but both important to their teams. I'd say West defense is not as big as Powell but they are just as fast and physical.

I'd say where West is better than Powell is special teams where we have three guys who can house punt and kick returns if given the opportunity. Our coverage teams are pretty good as well. Hope this helps.

How is ur team this year compared to your 2011 team?

They're quite comparable. West has a hard hitting defense like Powell did and a great rb (although Cottrell is MUCH faster than Mobley). What sets this team apart from Powell in 2011 is overall athleticism. West has 5 or so guys that can take it to the house anytime they touch it, including the qb.

Runnin u going to be able to make it Friday?

Just for the record, powell had to beat west in the 2011 semifinal game to get to that state championship game, and they did it by shutting down the west running attack leaving the defense on the field I would say 3/4 of the game . Even then west had two good running backs (not 4.3 speed) and a very mobile qb but when you get to this stage in the season you have to be able to run and throw the ball you cant be one dimensional.. but I want West to bring the gold ball to east and gave their 1st state championship its long over due!

If West is a run first team, I like our chances.  HC defense has stepped up huge over the last 4 weeks.  Northeast finished with 36 yards total rushing...and that includes a 67 yard TD run (if I read the PI website right).  That is crazy, especially considering the speed and talent in their back field.  I think we have gotten better at making midgame adjustments, and not just at halftime.  I remember in 2011, all the blowout predictions and shootout predictions.  I think this game will be very similar to the Powell game.  A somewhat lower scoring, hard fought, physical battle up front decided by less than 7 points when it's over.  Congrats to West for making it over the Semi-final hump.  We HC fans know just how heart breaking those semi-final losses are.  

How is West's kicking game?  I think that could be a huge factor.  

2011 Powell is bigger in the trenches than us and they had a very balanced offense attack with their passing and running game. We pass when we need it but our run game is our bread and butter. Obviously Powell had Mobley and he is at KY now, but Cottrell is special with that 4.3 speed. Different backs but both important to their teams. I'd say West defense is not as big as Powell but they are just as fast and physical.

I'd say where West is better than Powell is special teams where we have three guys who can house punt and kick returns if given the opportunity. Our coverage teams are pretty good as well. Hope this helps.

How is ur team this year compared to your 2011 team

Thanks WH4L, that is sort of what i thought but wasn't real sure. Sounds like you have a lot of speed on your team. Should be a great game if we can control West speed guys.

This HC team is not as big or fast as the 2011 team but they are every bit as talented. I think we have more depth than we did in 2011 especially on the lines. Your description of West's team sounds a lot like the Memphis East team we played in the 2nd round except they liked to pass more than run.Mistakes is what cost them in that game. Looking forward to a great game!

Congrats two our districk foes West on makin' hit two Cookevegas.......Jist reemimburr do KNOTT bee satisfied wif jist getting thair.....Go win hit!!!!

Good post Stars. This should be a good game because I know those Patriots want it bad also. This could be the game of the weekend.

I was in Paris most of the Thanksgiving weekend. Those people are CONSUMED with football.

Edited by plumb69

Good post Stars. This should be a good game because I know those Patriots want it bad also. This could be the game of the weekend.

I was in Paris most of the Thanksgiving weekend. Those people are CONSUMED with football.

We are indeed a county that takes great pride in our high school football! Isn't a greater feeling in the world than to be a high schooler and have 3,000+ people cheering for you after a brutally loud POP on the field. 

Congrats to West for making it this far, and I wish both teams luck. Just hope for a clean, injury free game.. and hope HC pulls away with the "W"!!