Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Hey FactsOnly - no team should need motivation - if playing for the gold ball doesn`t motivate you to play your best - no comments from coacht will change that. As far as Maryville goes, they are 70 and 4 since moving to 6A (big boy ball) and have made the finals every year. So until something changes, it makes perfect sense to pick them.

The mystique continues.  What about 2018?  They win then too?

If they make the state finals in 2014 2015 and 2016, then yes - I will pick them for 2018. Until you can beat them year end and year out, they get to keep the anointed crown.

No, as long as no one they play thinks they can be beat, they get to keep it.  I'm trying to help you guys with the idea that they are not genetically superior with special attributes that prevents them from losing.  If you want to keep believing you can't beat them, makes no difference to me.  I'm sure that suits them fine as well.  I just wouldn't be very satisfied with that reality if it were me.

That's funny, but If I go ahead and predict that in 2018 they do win State will I be wrong?  It actually seems like a better bet than anyone else in state at this point lol

Hey Mav4life, Found you info interesting, but when looking at stats, I always think of this quote, "There are lies, darn lies and statistics." 

Just to change the tone of these posts, knowing some history I was surprised that West's nickname is Rebels (East Tenn was very Unionist during the Civil war) and they are playing the Patriots- will there be other remnants of the Confederacy on that side of the stadium? 

No, as long as no one they play thinks they can be beat, they get to keep it.  I'm trying to help you guys with the idea that they are not genetically superior with special attributes that prevents them from losing.  If you want to keep believing you can't beat them, makes no difference to me.  I'm sure that suits them fine as well.  I just wouldn't be very satisfied with that reality if it were me.

I played against Maryville 6 times in my career. We always went into the game thinking we were going to win. Players don't believe Maryville is unbeatable. But now, as a spectator, it's clear that Maryville is next to unbeatable. You're not in a position to comment on Maryville. I and many others have lived through it.

Edited by RunninRebels

Hey Mav4life, Found you info interesting, but when looking at stats, I always think of this quote, "There are lies, darn lies and statistics." 

Just to change the tone of these posts, knowing some history I was surprised that West's nickname is Rebels (East Tenn was very Unionist during the Civil war) and they are playing the Patriots- will there be other remnants of the Confederacy on that side of the stadium? 

why start this?

No, as long as no one they play thinks they can be beat, they get to keep it. I'm trying to help you guys with the idea that they are not genetically superior with special attributes that prevents them from losing. If you want to keep believing you can't beat them, makes no difference to me. I'm sure that suits them fine as well. I just wouldn't be very satisfied with that reality if it were me.

Objection! I never stated they couldn't be beaten or that any team goes into the Maryville game defeated before it starts. Your comment was if asked - who would you pick to win state in 2015? You can choose to ignore their record - I choose to bet on it. They are 6A - I`m more concerned with 5A. Go Rebels - West and Maryville - gotta pull for my district.

I played against Maryville 6 times in my career. We always went into the game thinking we were going to win. Players don't believe Maryville is unbeatable. But now, as a spectator, it's clear that Maryville is next to unbeatable. You're not in a position to comment on Maryville. I and many others have lived through it.

Then their successes will continue.  I'm done with it.

What is anyone's thoughts about how the weather will impact the game?  Sounds like potential for a significant winter storm.