Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

Mav4life

I think the two 1 and 9 teams on West's schedule are what is hurting the schedule strength.

Never the less, I think these two teams will arrive prepared, and ready to compete. I fully expect a game similar to 2011 with Powell. I believe coaching adjustments, and turnovers will determine the winner.

Agree on that and I think penalties are a huge deal as well. Just an opinion though

Hubjr, I realize that could be the case, but then why does the sonneymoore ratings have West with a stronger Strength?  I guess what I was asking is why the discrepancy between the 2 rating systems?  Not why West could be lower.  Plus, I could see if the 2 teams had about the same competition at the top end and West having some cupcakes at the bottom making it to where Henrys would be stronger, but that does not seem to be the case, West's bottom 4 opponents had a combined record of 7-33, while Henry's bottom 4 had a record of 10-30, I could see where that could make a slight difference if the top opponents were even, but West top 4 opponents have a record of 45-7 with the #1 team in 6A and the #3,4 and 5 in 5A while Henrys top 4 had a record of 34-17 with only 2 ranked teams.  That means that the top 4 teams on West schedule has a winning% of 87 compared to 67 on Henrys and the bottom 4 for West has an 18% winning percentage as compared to a 25% for Henry.  So the top discrepancy is +20% in West favor and the bottom is -7% in Henry's favor.  That's a discrepancy of 13% in West favor, you combine that with the # of ranked opponents that West had to play including one that is the #1 6A team playing for the title than I just do not see how the numbers could favor Henry?  I could maybe see it if there was a huge discrepancy in the middle of the pack, but if you look at the remaining teams with the top 4 and bottom 4 excluded for both West opponents have a record of 42-30 (58%) and Henrys have a record of 37-34 (52%) so West has a +6% advantage there as well.  I just can not see the 2 1-9 teams on West Schedule eating up a 19% opponent winning advantage especially when Henry has 1 team on the schedule with a 1-9 record, which washes out one of West, which leaves the next 3 teams for west with records of 1-9, 2-8, 3-7 and Henrys as 2-8, 3-7, 4-6, not really that big of a difference.  This is why I tend to trust the sonneymoore power rankings as they are usually fairly accurate, CoachT has got to be leaving something out in my opinion for Henry's schedule being ranked as stronger over West like maybe not counting out of state opponents or playoff games?

CoachT has Henry Co. strength of schedule at 72 and West at 78 and I just do not see how that is accurate, I think Sonneymoores power rankings are a little more accurate as West has played 5 teams ranked in the top 10 of their respected class with one of those teams being 14-0 #1 Maryville and Henry has played only 2 teams ranked in the top 10, Also West has played 5 teams (6 games) against teams that finish with 10+ wins and Henry has not played any and West plays a lot of 6A teams during the season and had to beat the #3,4 and 5 teams in the state in the playoffs to get to Cookeville, I just cant wrap my head around how Henry could possibly have a stronger schedule than West, If I am missing something somewhere I am free to opinions and I am not afraid to be wrong, I have been wrong before and promise you I will be wrong again LOL.

I'll jump in and give an opinion to this, as I think that Sonnymoore and unapproved website are very skewed. Which basically means I personally put NO stock in any ranking system. First, it is solely based on how you do against other teams. Let's take West Creek on HC's schedule. According to the ranking system, we should have beat them by 50+ points. And yes, we probably were that much better than them. However, we beat them 34-16. So I think we dropped like 8 places that week. Early in the year, after we had beaten Beech they had us ranked 13th in the state all classifications (if my memory serves correctly). So as the year has gone on we have steadily declined in those ranking systems. Our coach doesn't like to throttle other teams just because, so we end up winning games by much less of a margin than what is expected of us. Our Defense has realistically only allowed between 7 or so points per game. This doesn't get reflected either - just like in 2011. So in turn, we hear lots of times that our schedule is weak and "you couldn't have played as good of competition as we did." So its very difficult for me to look at all the "stats" and make a judgement from them.

All that being said, I think that West is very comparable to Powell from 2011. This is going to be a very hard fought game with probably few points being scored. Looking forward to this one as I have looked forward to each game this year. It all ends Friday one way or another. Congrats to the Patriots and Rebels for fighting hard and making it to the final two.

So no other team we have played is deep or healthy? Have you applied for the job? You have my vote. It was so simple, I wonder why they didn't want to win? If you keep saying every week that West will lose - eventually you will be correct.

those backs take a pounding and That HC defense will Pop pop pop. .Defense will decide this one buddy. #pop

those backs take a pounding and That HC defense will Pop pop pop. .Defense will decide this one buddy. #pop

How did you do with Karns? All the teams in your district are fully loaded now for the hardwoods. Hoot hoot and shoot. Keep calm and dribble on.

So what's you excuse now for trolling West? Last week it was supporting your district. Do you just now troll West out of envy, spite or jealousy?

This West team has been very focused all year and have not taken any team for granted yet.  They are a very workman like team. Except for the Srs final home game vs Cleveland they have celebrated very little due to being focused on the next game..  What is so unique about our speed is that it is on both sides of the ball. The fact that we will be on turf should really highlight  our speed.  I expect a very close game because both teams are high quality and well coached.  I do not know if I will make it to Friday due to my excitement. 

How did you do with Karns? All the teams in your district are fully loaded now for the hardwoods. Hoot hoot and shoot. Keep calm and dribble on.So what's you excuse now for trolling West? Last week it was supporting your district. Do you just now troll West out of envy, spite or jealousy?

no excuse my friend. ..I'm a grown man #pop