Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

This is one post, but I know there were more. Also, I remember a lot of HC fans saying Powell shouldn't even show up. I shouldn't have to go find one and type it, cause I'm sure you remember. So, I'd say it went both ways.

What you say is true. 

It is also true that every year, including this one, the rhetoric is that we have a weak schedule.  So be it.

I copied and pasted (can't type).

What you say is true.

It is also true that every year, including this one, the rhetoric is that we have a weak schedule. So be it.

I copied and pasted (can't type).

I know what you mean. Regardless of schedule strength, you guys made it to where you are for a reason. Just as Powell and Henry Co. did in 2011. Those two teams were clearly the best in 5a, so schedule strength doesn't mean jack to me(in most cases).

This is one post, but I know there were more. Also, I remember a lot of HC fans saying Powell shouldn't even show up. I shouldn't have to go find one and type it, cause I'm sure you remember. So, I'd say it went both ways.

I agree. One RedWarrior I believe said all year that nobody would come close to beating HC in 2011. Kinda similar this year. ( I can't type either)

I agree. One RedWarrior I believe said all year that nobody would come close to beating HC in 2011. Kinda similar this year. ( I can't type either)

*stupid computer*

I have always thought Red Warrior was reasonably conservative in his expectations.  Anyway, I never said there was no trash talk.  Every year, especially when we are particularly successful, there are the suggestions that our success is due to a weak schedule.  I have at times tried to make the point that a very good team might have a weak schedule and still be very good, maybe even the best.  NOBODY understood that logic.

I assure you Henry County was expected to be blown out. I think the line of reasoning was "but y'all don't play nobody" or something along those lines.

Well this West fan has respected ur program and still does. I mentioned to hubjr earlier in the year that I was hoping West would take that next step to compete w teams like Henry Co for state. I guess I'll find out this Friday! Best of luck to u guys.

Lo and behold, this preseason Red Warrior actually predicted a loss to Beech (which shocked me, even before Hurd's injury). But since then, he has returned to full form. Although I must say he was spot on with his Northeast prediction. I'm surprised he hasn't made an appearance in this thread yet.

Hey FactsOnly - no team should need motivation - if playing for the gold ball doesn`t motivate you to play your best - no comments from coacht will change that. As far as Maryville goes, they are 70 and 4 since moving to 6A (big boy ball) and have made the finals every year. So until something changes, it makes perfect sense to pick them.

Hey FactsOnly - no team should need motivation - if playing for the gold ball doesn`t motivate you to play your best - no comments from coacht will change that. As far as Maryville goes, they are 70 and 4 since moving to 6A (big boy ball) and have made the finals every year. So until something changes, it makes perfect sense to pick them.

+1 Meritt u headed to the game on Friday?