Henry County Vs. West

RunninRebels

FactsOnly! What's up? None of my 3AAA peeps made it this year so I haven't been as motivated to post. Pulling for West since they're right down the street from me. Of course, I have not an inkling about the Patriots this year. I will say though that you HC boys were much feistier a couple years back. Much smack talk back and forth! Fun times. How would you compare this year's team to the beastly bunch you fielded in '11?

Edited by Moronicus

FactsOnly! What's up? None of my 3AAA peeps made it this year so I haven't been as motivated to post. Pulling for West since they're right down the street from me. Of course, I have not an inkling about the Patriots this year. I will say though that you HC boys were much feistier a couple years back. Much smack talk back and forth! Fun times. How would you compare this year's team to the beastly bunch you fielded in '11?

Dude!  Still got that Thesaurus?

This team is deeper and honestly can and probably will substitute entire lines mid drive.  Won a lot of games this year I believe from the opponent not being able to keep up the pace.  More better than average playmakers rather than 2 or 3 offensive superstars that the 2011 team sported.  Same coaching staff.  Each subsequent game we have played over the past 4 weeks has been the best of the year.  Hitting on all cylinders for sure.  I think we are as good as 2011 but certainly in a different way.  Expecting a similar game as the Powell game.

Dude! Still got that Thesaurus?

This team is deeper and honestly can and probably will substitute entire lines mid drive. Won a lot of games this year I believe from the opponent not being able to keep up the pace. More better than average playmakers rather than 2 or 3 offensive superstars that the 2011 team sported. Same coaching staff. Each subsequent game we have played over the past 4 weeks has been the best of the year. Hitting on all cylinders for sure. I think we are as good as 2011 but certainly in a different way. Expecting a similar game as the Powell game.

Don't you know it. I keep that at my right hand and when that fails I just make them up as I go! It should be a good game. West is definitely faster as a team than that Powell team but not as physical in my opinion. Good luck Friday. "More better." Hehe.

I appreciate the work you did here. I love looking at statistics like this. However, believe it or not, I do have 4 thoughts/comments.

1 Such statistics might come into play with common opponents but are otherwise meaningless

2 There are not twelve teams in this state capable of beating Henry County this Friday

3 Fewer points allowed can be interpreted to mean the opposing teams were worse

3 More points scored can be interpreted to mean the opposing teams were worse

4 Our opponents don't even have common opponents!

5 West record versus undefeated teams is 0-1 (a meaningless statistic)

6 By your reasoning the Cardinals win the World Series and Alabama wins the Iron Bowl and the better SEC football teams play a weak schedule

7 There are not 483 High School teams in the United States capable of beating Henry County this Friday

9 Comment #3 can be logically applied to all your scoring and records comparisons

And my fourth thought is this. When you guys quit ordaining Maryville as being unbeatable, they will no longer be unbeatable. The mystique they hold over East Tennessee teams is incredible to me. I bet if all the coaches and players in East Tennessee were asked who will win the State Championship in 2015, over 90% would say Maryville. Now does that really make any sense?

Now, for my fourth and final thought. Your post will provide much motivation for our boys. They don't like feeling lessened.

I can agree with your assesment of:

Keep in mind a few things about my post, first off it is meant as pretty much a conversation piece an is not meant to demean Henry in any way, my comment anout strength of schedule is pretty much pointed to an earlier comment about Henrys opponents being 10x better than West and I was simply pointing out that there is no basis for that and in fact the statistics show otherwise. Another thing is that I am not a West fan, I am an AC fan an was doing this as a favor for one of the West guys as I do this weekly for AC and a few other games in our district throughout the coarse of the season. I never sai that because of the information I posted that Henry could not win the game, that would just be stupid, in fact if I was using the information that I posted as my only factor in pickin the game I would probably have put West as a 3-6pt favorite, but I actually am picking West by a couple of TD's based on what I have seen of West on film and in person, I could be dead wrong on that and Henry could win 50-0 for all I know, but trust me when I say I know the info I posted is not an absolute, heck if it was I think I would be in Vegas and not on Coacht lol. Other than that everythin else you posted as thoughts are opinions and no different than my opinion of West possibly winning this week, the only bad part about it is that my opinion can be proven wrong, but can also be proven right lol. Your opinion of there not being 12 teams in the state or 483 teams in the nation capable of beating Henry can not be proven right or wrong so it really does not hold much water, I dont really think those clas are valid when there were 3 teams on your schedule alone that played you to within 4pts, 1 that played you to 10pts, thats 4 teams on your schedule that were more than CAPABLE of beating you let alone 12 teams in the state, just because you beat a team does not make them not CAPABLE of beating you.

Hey Mav4life, Found you info interesting, but when looking at stats, I always think of this quote, "There are lies, darn lies and statistics."

Just to change the tone of these posts, knowing some history I was surprised that West's nickname is Rebels (East Tenn was very Unionist during the Civil war) and they are playing the Patriots- will there be other remnants of the Confederacy on that side of the stadium?

Agrre on ur quote, they are interesting for us to look at, we are talking about them after all lol

I can agree with your assesment of:

Keep in mind a few things about my post, first off it is meant as pretty much a conversation piece an is not meant to demean Henry in any way, my comment anout strength of schedule is pretty much pointed to an earlier comment about Henrys opponents being 10x better than West and I was simply pointing out that there is no basis for that and in fact the statistics show otherwise. Another thing is that I am not a West fan, I am an AC fan an was doing this as a favor for one of the West guys as I do this weekly for AC and a few other games in our district throughout the coarse of the season. I never sai that because of the information I posted that Henry could not win the game, that would just be stupid, in fact if I was using the information that I posted as my only factor in pickin the game I would probably have put West as a 3-6pt favorite, but I actually am picking West by a couple of TD's based on what I have seen of West on film and in person, I could be dead wrong on that and Henry could win 50-0 for all I know, but trust me when I say I know the info I posted is not an absolute, heck if it was I think I would be in Vegas and not on Coacht lol. Other than that everythin else you posted as thoughts are opinions and no different than my opinion of West possibly winning this week, the only bad part about it is that my opinion can be proven wrong, but can also be proven right lol. Your opinion of there not being 12 teams in the state or 483 teams in the nation capable of beating Henry can not be proven right or wrong so it really does not hold much water, I dont really think those clas are valid when there were 3 teams on your schedule alone that played you to within 4pts, 1 that played you to 10pts, thats 4 teams on your schedule that were more than CAPABLE of beating you let alone 12 teams in the state, just because you beat a team does not make them not CAPABLE of beating you.

I like to have fun on here too and that is all I was doing.  Actually, I was hoping you'd say " HEY, that's more than 4 thoughts!".  I'd have replied "No, the rest are Facts", and everyone would have gotten all stirred up, but you didn't take the bait.

However, those teams that played us close were good teams.  We consider ourselves fortunate, and better, to have played and defeated Ridgeway and Memphis East.

I like your style though, keep posting.

I like to have fun on here too and that is all I was doing. Actually, I was hoping you'd say " HEY, that's more than 4 thoughts!". I'd have replied "No, the rest are Facts", and everyone would have gotten all stirred up, but you didn't take the bait.

However, those teams that played us close were good teams. We consider ourselves fortunate, and better, to have played and defeated Ridgeway and Memphis East.

I like your style though, keep posting.

I caught the 4/5 thought thing but was not going to try to use something petty like that as part of a discussion, im here to talk Football and subjects pertaining to the game, not argue about grammer lol, thats usually what people do when they have no substance to discuss. I am always game for an honest opinion, so thats what I try to give, good luck to you guys Friday, Im not going to make it but will probably catch the game on tv.

I caught the 4/5 thought thing but was not going to try to use something petty like that as part of a discussion, im here to talk Football and subjects pertaining to the game, not argue about grammer lol, thats usually what people do when they have no substance to discuss. I am always game for an honest opinion, so thats what I try to give, good luck to you guys Friday, Im not going to make it but will probably catch the game on tv.

Groovy.  Something else to consider that I think you'll find interesting and just for perspective.  I call it perspectivication.

1   The 2 point loss was to a 6A team in a small typhoon

2   The four point loss was to who would be State semifinalist Clarksville Northeast

3   The 3 point loss was to Memphis East who lost earlier by 6-7 to 6A State semifinalist White Station and who defeated last year's 6A Champion Whitehaven

4   The 10 point loss was to Ridgeway who, like Memphis East, I'm told has 7 D-1 prospects

We would beat the typhoon stained 6A team Rossview, Clarksville Northeast, and Ridgeway 10 out of 10 times.  A split with Memphis East would be considered an accomplishment.

Edited by FactsOnly

Groovy. Something else to consider that I think you'll find interesting and just for perspective. I call it perspectivication.

1 The 2 point loss was to a 6A team in a small typhoon

2 The four point loss was to who would be State semifinalist Clarksville Northeast

3 The 3 point loss was to Memphis East who lost earlier by 6-7 to 6A State semifinalist White Station and who defeated last year's 6A Champion Whitehaven

4 The 10 point loss was to Ridgeway who, like Memphis East, I'm told has 7 D-1 prospects

We would beat the typhoon stained 6A team Rossview, Clarksville Northeast, and Ridgeway 10 out of 10 times. A split with Memphis East would be considered an accomplishment.

Interestin stuff, how are you guys injury wise, West seems very deep, My AC team starts a lot of players both ways and we tried to keep the ball an drive it which worked to our advantage but its hard going against fresh players when you do go on D, I know I saw one of our receivers run 3 deep routs in a row then have to go to corner when West stopped us on downs, we had all the momentum with about 6 min left in the game trailing by 6, but missed a tackle on 2nd and long on the QB and he was gone, I think we ran out of gas, but West is just that fast and dangerous, multiple guys that can flat take over a game and if they break loose their is no catching them. There is a lot of talk about Cottrell about how fast and good he is, and rightfully so, but I beleive the QB is the more dangerous player, he is just as explosive and a very good runner, if the 2 of yhem can get goin than look out

Interestin stuff, how are you guys injury wise, West seems very deep, My AC team starts a lot of players both ways and we tried to keep the ball an drive it which worked to our advantage but its hard going against fresh players when you do go on D, I know I saw one of our receivers run 3 deep routs in a row then have to go to corner when West stopped us on downs, we had all the momentum with about 6 min left in the game trailing by 6, but missed a tackle on 2nd and long on the QB and he was gone, I think we ran out of gas, but West is just that fast and dangerous, multiple guys that can flat take over a game and if they break loose their is no catching them. There is a lot of talk about Cottrell about how fast and good he is, and rightfully so, but I beleive the QB is the more dangerous player, he is just as explosive and a very good runner, if the 2 of yhem can get goin than look out

I am told everyone is in for Friday.