Haywood Keeps Rolling

tomcatfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood is clearly head and shoulders above South Side and the Memphis teams in AA. As long as they stay focused, and one game at a time the sky is the limit

Yes, it should come down to CPA & Haywood for the AA title if they don't put them in the same bracket but we know how TSSAA blind draw works. Tomcatfan, I stated, " in a early post that Humboldt probably wouldn't win with the football players because Haywood was much bigger & utilize a lot of depth"! Humboldt coach don't use the bench for some reason & he has at least eight (8) or nine (9) that can play. Humboldt depended on the outside shot to much & Haywood wore them down in second half utilizing a ten (10) man rotation & Humboldt only playing six (6) players can't do that against a good team. Good luck to Haywood the rest of the season & if you all make it to the BORO, I'll be cheering for Haywood. 

Thanks dmm88. Glad to see someone recognizes what these guys are doing.

Yes, it should come down to CPA & Haywood for the AA title if they don't put them in the same bracket but we know how TSSAA blind draw works. Tomcatfan, I stated, " in a early post that Humboldt probably wouldn't win with the football players because Haywood was much bigger & utilize a lot of depth"! Humboldt coach don't use the bench for some reason & he has at least eight (8) or nine (9) that can play. Humboldt depended on the outside shot to much & Haywood wore them down in second half utilizing a ten (10) man rotation & Humboldt only playing six (6) players can't do that against a good team. Good luck to Haywood the rest of the season & if you all make it to the BORO, I'll be cheering for Haywood

Yes, it should come down to CPA & Haywood for the AA title if they don't put them in the same bracket but we know how TSSAA blind draw works. Tomcatfan, I stated, " in a early post that Humboldt probably wouldn't win with the football players because Haywood was much bigger & utilize a lot of depth"! Humboldt coach don't use the bench for some reason & he has at least eight (8) or nine (9) that can play. Humboldt depended on the outside shot to much & Haywood wore them down in second half utilizing a ten (10) man rotation & Humboldt only playing six (6) players can't do that against a good team. Good luck to Haywood the rest of the season & if you all make it to the BORO, I'll be cheering for Haywood.

I do remember that 87viking. It's just a trip how we are 22-0 and there are no posts about the Tomcats. Your analysis was exactly on target about how the game would go. We hope to keep rolling and get to the Boro. Thanks for your support.

I do remember that 87viking. It's just a trip how we are 22-0 and there are no posts about the Tomcats. Your analysis was exactly on target about how the game would go. We hope to keep rolling and get to the Boro. Thanks for your support.

Well, you know some people have to see to believe but I wouldn't worry about people not giving Haywood credit just keep winning!! Haywood has a very balance team that plays good team ball & Defense. I think you all have a chance to get to Murfreesboro & if not in same bracket with CPA have a chance for championship game! I live outside of Brentwood & CPA is the real deal, they have a 6'8 center, 6'4 shooting guard & point Guard that all have D1 offers but they can be beat! The shooting guard has in fourth national in three pointers made in the history of high school basketball but again they can be beat, slow them down & stay on their shooters! Good Luck & hopefully Haywood will make it to Murfreesboro as well as my Vikings! I don't think they will play another team as the caliber of Haywood so we might have a chance to defend our title!!

I'm a SouthSIde fan and I'll tell you why no one is writing about Haywood... CPA will win the AA championship I do think Haywood has best chance of knocking off CPA but I don't see it happening.. SouthSIde played a decent game last year vs CPA and got beat by 20+