[11/30/13] Jackson County vs. Van Buren

WIGSNATCHER

wow! great showing for van buren! jackson won by 7. van buren was up at the half. in another year or 2 when a couple of those 8th graders get with dodson and bouldin they gonna be tough.

VanBuren was down 14 at the half i believe and the game was never in doubt. JC played zone defense, did not press the entire second half, and i'm not sure they even ran a play just very vanilla. VanBuren played hard and really liked the effort they gave all game long. Bouldin girl was impressive and she is a real talent. I liked the way she played defense most of all, but she was equally good on offense. Can't believe White Co. hasn't tried to get her to come down the mountain.

Van Buren played a good game with good effort.  Quarter scores were 1st quarter JC 19 - VB 14; 2nd JC 36 - VB 25; 3rd JC 50 - VB 35; 4th JC 59 - VB 52.  Yes JC ran about 4 different offensive plays during the game, no JC didn't press in the 2nd half, but they were not successful with their press in the first half.  Jim Brown seemed concerned in the fourth quarter when he took a time out and gave his players a good chewing.  Coe fouled out in the fourth quarter, how often does that happen?  VB may not be on everyone's radar, but they can make waves. They have the potential and when and if each player gets on their top game it could be a bad day for any team.  VB is a young team with only 1 senior and 2 juniors on the team.  Wouldn't say its a team to take for granted.       

VanBuren was down 14 at the half i believe and the game was never in doubt. JC played zone defense, did not press the entire second half, and i'm not sure they even ran a play just very vanilla. VanBuren played hard and really liked the effort they gave all game long. Bouldin girl was impressive and she is a real talent. I liked the way she played defense most of all, but she was equally good on offense. Can't believe White Co. hasn't tried to get her to come down the mountain.

Maybe they don't believe in recruiting.

Van Buren played a good game with good effort.  Quarter scores were 1st quarter JC 19 - VB 14; 2nd JC 36 - VB 25; 3rd JC 50 - VB 35; 4th JC 59 - VB 52.  Yes JC ran about 4 different offensive plays during the game, no JC didn't press in the 2nd half, but they were not successful with their press in the first half.  Jim Brown seemed concerned in the fourth quarter when he took a time out and gave his players a good chewing.  Coe fouled out in the fourth quarter, how often does that happen?  VB may not be on everyone's radar, but they can make waves. They have the potential and when and if each player gets on their top game it could be a bad day for any team.  VB is a young team with only 1 senior and 2 juniors on the team.  Wouldn't say its a team to take for granted.

I don't recall Coe ever fouling out, and I have seen her play 100+ games.