Tri-County Seven- Week #3

coachh17

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  All of our teams got to show us a little more last week.  There are some big match-ups this week within the Seven that will tell us much more.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (5-1)-  Beat Hampton at Hampton by 11 and crunched Central and Crockett last week.  Visit North Tuesday and host Happy Valley Friday.  This is a good looking team and it will get much better.

2. Cloudland- (A) (5-1)-  Beat Volunteer and Avery County,NC.  The Lady Landers are playing well and will also continue to improve.  They play in a Bristol,VA tournament this week.

3. Hampton- (A) (4-2)-  No shame in losses to Elizabethton and Science Hill.  The Lady Bulldogs always play a tough schedule, which pays off in the post season.  Host Happy Valley Friday in a big county rivalry game.

4. Happy Valley- (AA) (5-2)-  Beat Cherokee and Central in their Holiday Tournament.  Lost to Boone by 8.  We will see what the Lady Warriors are made of this week.  They host Unicoi Co. Tuesday, visit Elizabethton Friday, and Hampton on Saturday.

5. Unicoi Co.- (AA) (3-3)-  Lost by 20 to South Greene, but also beat North and West Greene last week.  I will be interested to see how they do at Happy Valley Tuesday.

6. Unaka- (A) (2-5)-  Losses are starting to pile up.  Daniel Boone beat them by 36.  They play in Bristol,VA Thursday and should get a much needed win against Hancock County at home on Friday.

7. Johnson Co.- (AA) (0-3)-  The paper says they are 3-3 and CoachT says 0-3.  Hampton beat them by 21.  They host Sullivan East Thursday in a district game.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot and WILLnot disagree with your rankings this week coach. Must be earned on the court and right now that title goes to the Lady Cyclones and Lady Landers. I am still very proud of my Lady Dogs. Them playing shorthanded without their 6'2 center would be like Cloudland playing without Wilson or HV playing without KJ. Notice the void. They will only be better for having gone through this later in the season. BIG week coming up for HV with 3 big rivals. Unicoi Co. could be the sleeper, I saw where they made 18 or more 3pointers yesterday against WG. Elizabethton will be pushed by HV on Friday. Can the Lady 'Clones handle the matchup zone? or will HV go Man to Man? Then after all that HV has to turn around and travel to VanHuss-White Gym on Saturday. Talk about running the gamut of emotions. Still not sure about Unaka or Johnson Co. Have to wait until they play to see who will have the upper hand. JC isn't bad, just not deep. I do think they have beaten a couple of teams from Virginia this season, not sure. Oh well, let the conjecture begin

Cannot and WILLnot disagree with your rankings this week coach. Must be earned on the court and right now that title goes to the Lady Cyclones and Lady Landers. I am still very proud of my Lady Dogs. Them playing shorthanded without their 6'2 center would be like Cloudland playing without Wilson or HV playing without KJ. Notice the void. They will only be better for having gone through this later in the season. BIG week coming up for HV with 3 big rivals. Unicoi Co. could be the sleeper, I saw where they made 18 or more 3pointers yesterday against WG. Elizabethton will be pushed by HV on Friday. Can the Lady 'Clones handle the matchup zone? or will HV go Man to Man? Then after all that HV has to turn around and travel to VanHuss-White Gym on Saturday. Talk about running the gamut of emotions. Still not sure about Unaka or Johnson Co. Have to wait until they play to see who will have the upper hand. JC isn't bad, just not deep. I do think they have beaten a couple of teams from Virginia this season, not sure. Oh well, let the conjecture begin

Lady dogs and landers are pretty evenly matched. It will be exciting to watch these matchups

Has to be a tough loss for the Lady Warriors to take especially with the Lady Cyclones coming up next. Will be interesting to see if they can get motivated properly. Unicoi Co on the other hand should be flying high with lots of confidence now and Harness should be back soon. Unicoi Co must be shooting lights out from 3 pt range. 27 last 2 games

28 last two games actually (19 vs West Greene and 9 vs HV)

Has to be a tough loss for the Lady Warriors to take especially with the Lady Cyclones coming up next. Will be interesting to see if they can get motivated properly. Unicoi Co on the other hand should be flying high with lots of confidence now and Harness should be back soon. Unicoi Co must be shooting lights out from 3 pt range. 27 last 2 games

Hampton has some talent I haven't seen mentioned. The Bowers girl is a smart guard and can shoot the lights out. They are getting stronger in the middle which will help down the road.

They also shut down the twins at EHS

Took in some tourney games at HV. Their loss to Boone was a result of self destruction. They seemed to zone out in the 3qtr and never recovered.

The Unicoi game was almost a carbon copy. 3rd qtr destruction. Looked like the game plan changed and not to the good. The Johnson kid went down hard in the first half and seemed slow going after. The guards had too many turn overs trying to do too much.

When Unicoi's guards hit their 3pt slump they may regret not working their inside game.

Kiser from EHS may be the sleeper player. She has been playing awesome defense and has a nice shot. The team is Getting stronger each week and the coaching experience is eating the other teams alive.

South is playing as a team and that could be a difference maker.