Best in Northeast Tennessee

JohnnyMox

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U must be a Hampton fan you really can't put them above SH because they lost to them.And no I'm not a SH fan just a fan of the game my top 5 1 SH 2 Bulldog 3 THigh 4 DB 5 Eliz

I agree with you, either a Hampton fan or Elizabethton fan, i dont get up that way much but i dont see how u could put hampton ahead of science hill when they lost by 40 to them and i looked at elizabethtons schedule and they may have a decent record but it is so weak, yes i know they beat science hill and unicoi and by the way they came down to knox and got beat 2 out of 3 times, South doyle which is at the bottom of our conference and by my patriots who is one of the best teams in tennessee

U must be a Hampton fan you really can't put them above SH because they lost to them.And no I'm not a SH fan just a fan of the game my top 5 1 SH 2 Bulldog 3 THigh 4 DB 5 Eliz

I agree with you, either a Hampton fan or Elizabethton fan, i dont get up that way much but i dont see how u could put hampton ahead of science hill when they lost by 40 to them and i looked at elizabethtons schedule and they may have a decent record but it is so weak, yes i know they beat science hill and unicoi and by the way they came down to knox and got beat 2 out of 3 times, South doyle which is at the bottom of our conference and by my patriots who is one of the best teams in tennessee

Dont think mama is a Hampton fan.....But I am.

I wouldn't put HHS ahead of SHHS either....Two totally different team make ups...Apples and oranges....But in 2010 Arbys, all we heard was how SHHS was gonna destroy HHS...Didnt happen! We didnt win, but we werent blown out either.

SHHS wouldnt beat HHS by 40 at this point either...But, we'd have a hard time beating SHHS as we would most schools that size.

Heck, rank us dead last as far as Im concerned....I just want this group keeping their heads outta the clouds and keep working hard.

BTW, thanks mama :D

I'm not saying you last man take a chill pill.I think your the #2 team in the area right now and have the BEST chance at going to state out of the local teams but u should now if you don't have alittle luck down the road the best team don't all ways win.By the way you to them by 39 already I guess both teams have got better so it wouldn't change that much

Edited by numnuts

I've watched SH and Hampton play several times this season and there is no way Hampton is ahead of SH. They're not a bad team by any means but to rank the ahead of the Toppers is ridiculous. If the two teams were to play right now, SH would win by at least 15-20 pts. Yes, Hampton has gotten better since the first time they played a few months ago but so has SH.

The only teams in your area that have a chance at state right now are Hampton and possibly Jefferson County. Science Hill will not beat the Knox area teams like Oak Ridge and Maryville. Halls beat them and they are barely a top ten team in Knox. Hampton has the best chance if they can get past Grace or Meigs. Saw Unicoi this week at Bearden and they are decent but can't beat Fulton, CAK, etc.

I'm not saying you last man take a chill pill.I think your the #2 team in the area right now and have the BEST chance at going to state out of the local teams but u should now if you don't have alittle luck down the road the best team don't all ways win.By the way you to them by 39 already I guess both teams have got better so it wouldn't change that much

Dont think mama is a Hampton fan.....But I am.

I wouldn't put HHS ahead of SHHS either....Two totally different team make ups...Apples and oranges....But in 2010 Arbys, all we heard was how SHHS was gonna destroy HHS...Didnt happen! We didnt win, but we werent blown out either.

SHHS wouldnt beat HHS by 40 at this point either...But, we'd have a hard time beating SHHS as we would most schools that size.

Heck, rank us dead last as far as Im concerned....I just want this group keeping their heads outta the clouds and keep working hard.

BTW, thanks mama :D

I am a basketball fan and I think Hampton is better than Science Hill right now at this point. Remember they did lose to the Hill in the HoF classic but that was game #1 for them. They are the best team in this area at this point in the season. I don't care how many players the Hill have and about their coach. The loss to Elizabethton & Greenville has shown their weakness.

These guys in Hampton are playing great right now and should be #1.

Elizabethton only lost one game in Knoxville and that was to Hamilton (prep school). Hamilton is full of D1/D2 talent.

What happened to SH in the Greeneville game?

I wasn't there but from what I was told, their best player, Songster, sat for much of the game. Not sure why. Regardless, the better team doesn't always win. We see this happen on a weekly basis in college. 

As for the Elizabethton loss, it was very early in the season and SH was missing several players, including their starting PG. 

Any SH fan will tell you this is not the typical SH team. This is definitely a "down year" for them. The fact that they are sitting at 13-5 overall and 4-0 in their conference is pretty impressive. They have some very good wins vs some very good teams, like Knox Webb. They also played Oak Ridge extremely close. And to the person who said they wouldn't be able to beat Maryville. I'd gladly take that bet. SH could beat Maryville.

Edited by AlumnI01

You misread my post and I dont need to take a chill pill....I just said It wouldnt concern me, nor any HHS fan, if we were "ranked" dead last...It would keep these boy's heads on straight and we'd be overlooked (take Lake Co for instance last season)...The higher the ranking, the more teams prepare for ya....As for luck, you better believe it takes a bit to get to the glass house...As for the SHHS/HHS debate, heck man, that goes on every few years....If we HAD to play one another again, it'd be much closer....SHHS is down a bit this season

I wasn't there but from what I was told, their best player, Songster, sat for much of the game. Not sure why. Regardless, the better team doesn't always win. We see this happen on a weekly basis in college. 

As for the Elizabethton loss, it was very early in the season and SH was missing several players, including their starting PG. 

Any SH fan will tell you this is not the typical SH team. This is definitely a "down year" for them. The fact that they are sitting at 13-5 overall and 4-0 in their conference is pretty impressive. They have some very good wins vs some very good teams, like Knox Webb. They also played Oak Ridge extremely close. And to the person who said they wouldn't be able to beat Maryville. I'd gladly take that bet. SH could beat Maryville.

Due to Science Hill top players transferring during the past three years, they have lost that offensive punch which have set them apart from the rest of the teams in Northeast TN. They still press the ball well on D, but their offense is lacking. Any team with two good scorers will push them to the wire or may even beat them.

If The Hill had to go to Hampton this year, Hampton would walk out with the W. But we would never know.

Due to Science Hill top players transferring during the past three years, they have lost that offensive punch which have set them apart from the rest of the teams in Northeast TN. They still press the ball well on D, but their offense is lacking. Any team with two good scorers will push them to the wire or may even beat them.

If The Hill had to go to Hampton this year, Hampton would walk out with the W. But we would never know.

Nope. SH would still win. Not by 40 like they did in November but would still win. Hampton doesn't have anyone that can stop Songster.

Edited by AlumnI01