Division II Championships

sandlot5

Face it fellas, DII is not true high school football. Its an organized all star game. Good football? yes, it should be when buses are carrying players from Murfreesboro to Ensworth.

Well busing is a heck of a lot cheaper than moving the whole family to your school's "zone" and finding Dad a job, like they do in D1.  Or, if you're trying to stay within budget, find an "aunt" "uncle" or "cousin" in your zone willing to board the kid.....

Edited by owlbooster

Regardless if it 50, 60, or 80 teams.....you have to win 5 playoff games to win a state championship. In the bogus Division 2 setup, win 2 games and you are a state champ? I mean conference champ. Certainly not pure high school football where you have players coming from all over Nashville and other cities. High school football is about my neighborhood vs your neighborhood. Who cares if you can recruit kids from Hendersonville, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, etc. to have the best team. Learn how to play the cards that are dealt to you or go coach college football.

Wow!  This is nonsensical and delusional.

"You have to win 5 playoff games?"  Who made that rule?

"My neighborhood vs. your neighborhood"  R U kidding?  This isn't the 50's when everybody walked to school. 

"Play the cards that are dealt?"  Private schools are NOT "neighborhood" schools.  They are not "dealt" any "cards"(students).

Regardless if it 50, 60, or 80 teams.....you have to win 5 playoff games to win a state championship. In the bogus Division 2 setup, win 2 games and you are a state champ? I mean conference champ. Certainly not pure high school football where you have players coming from all over Nashville and other cities. High school football is about my neighborhood vs your neighborhood. Who cares if you can recruit kids from Hendersonville, Smyrna, Murfreesboro, Franklin, etc. to have the best team. Learn how to play the cards that are dealt to you or go coach college football.

The top teams in D2 actually need to win 3 playoff games to be State Champ. Funny - that is exactly the same number of playoff games that the top seeded NFL teams need to win the Super Bowl. The lower seeded D2 teams need to win 4 - just like the wildcard teams in the NFL. Sooooo.... the way we see it is that while all of your D1 teams are playing for a State Championship, we are playing for the Tennessee Super Bowl.

• Upvote 1

Don't forget Brentwood Academy (St. Xavier OH, Trinity KY, Olive Branch MS)

Here's a little trivia - Brentwood Academy has played at least one out-of-state opponent for 31 consecutive seasons. Thirty-one frickin' years. That's quite a streak.

Except for Father Ryan, all of the original Super 7 schools, plus Ensworth, have played multiple out-of-state games. On top of that, several of those original Super 7 schools have had 9-game schedules at some point after the split.

We've read for years from the "trolls" how we're afraid of competition. Of course, those with half of a brain know that is a joke (and I think a certain "get-together" in Cookeville this past summer will put those comments to bed for quite awhile, not that playing the likes of Trinity, Byrnes, South Panola, Moeller, St. X et al. for all these years should have already done that). When your "conference" is having to go as far as Alaska, Texas, and Florida to get games, and sometimes can't complete a 10-game schedule within its own state, the issue/blame lies elsewhere. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir with you and other non-trolls.

Good luck to both squads tonight. Vegas is taking odds on the higher number - the number of total points scored or the number of CoachT postgame comments where trolls write, "I just wasn't that impressed with Ensworth/MUS." I'm taking the latter, although I'm having to pay a little extra vig for that side.

Safe travels to all this weekend, trolls and non-trolls alike.

• Upvote 3

Here's a little trivia - Brentwood Academy has played at least one out-of-state opponent for 31 consecutive seasons. Thirty-one frickin' years. That's quite a streak.

Except for Father Ryan, all of the original Super 7 schools, plus Ensworth, have played multiple out-of-state games. On top of that, several of those original Super 7 schools have had 9-game schedules at some point after the split.

We've read for years from the "trolls" how we're afraid of competition. Of course, those with half of a brain know that is a joke (and I think a certain "get-together" in Cookeville this past summer will put those comments to bed for quite awhile, not that playing the likes of Trinity, Byrnes, South Panola, Moeller, St. X et al. for all these years should have already done that). When your "conference" is having to go as far as Alaska, Texas, and Florida to get games, and sometimes can't complete a 10-game schedule within its own state, the issue/blame lies elsewhere. Of course, I'm preaching to the choir with you and other non-trolls.

Good luck to both squads tonight. Vegas is taking odds on the higher number - the number of total points scored or the number of CoachT postgame comments where trolls write, "I just wasn't that impressed with Ensworth/MUS." I'm taking the latter, although I'm having to pay a little extra vig for that side.

Safe travels to all this weekend, trolls and non-trolls alike.

Please post more. Also, thanks for your website, which has revolutionized the way I (and others) prepare for broadcasts.