balance of power switching to 6aaa

90warrior

Me either warrior... I haven't seen anything as far as a Cookeville forecast to cancel... when you go up the mountain though, things change.  Good luck to you against Rhea Co tonight.  

From what I know, Stone is a very good team and again, I think it is either them or White that should have been picked #1 pre-season.  Not sure why my Cavs were picked there (respect?)  Anyway, regardless of the outcome tonight, my Cavs need to hang in there as they will only get better the more experience they get. 

Me either warrior... I haven't seen anything as far as a Cookeville forecast to cancel... when you go up the mountain though, things change.  Good luck to you against Rhea Co tonight.  

From what I know, Stone is a very good team and again, I think it is either them or White that should have been picked #1 pre-season.  Not sure why my Cavs were picked there (respect?)  Anyway, regardless of the outcome tonight, my Cavs need to hang in there as they will only get better the more experience they get. 

I don't think we will have to much trouble tonight weather wise.

IMHO Stone got dropped lower partially because of a move up in division (even though the District isn't usually as deep), and partly because of the assumption that losing Rowen would mean a huge drop off. It ignored the fact that the other 4 starters were very talented players in their own right (two signed with Bryan College, and the third with TN Wesleyan), and actually played far better w/o Rowen to begin with. 

I have a great deal of respect for Kevin Bray. I happen to think a lot of him as a coach and as a person, and I have no doubts that as the season progresses he will have his team working hard and getting better. As I said before I favor my Panthers, but would never take a game against Cookeville for granted.

thanks alum, very nice of you. white co. is starting to hit on all cylinders right now. we are gonna be a tough out for anyone.

I remember the Sophomores when they were in 6th grade. They were a fun bunch to watch even back then. You have a lot of talent there. I am looking forward to watching some excellent basketball this year, and over the next several in our district.

Very good competitive game, 1st half foul troubles kept 4/5's of the Stone starters on the bench, and kept it very close. 2nd half was a real battle, with Cookeville trying to slow the game, and control the clock, and Stone pushing the pace. Stone missed some easy shots tonight, and were a little hampered on Defense with the fouls, but had a couple of the younger players step up and give good min and contribute. Very entertaining game, even if it had an uneven odd flow to it. Ended up Stone by 8 points. Good start to the district season.

Edited by TCBinTN

Think without the foul trouble it would have been a different game.  Bray was prepared and knew Stone's game plan.   Stone Memorial is fun to watch.

It was obvious what the refs were trying to do. I agree with controlling the game if it gets out of hand but they were blowing the whistle every possession it seemed like. These are 2 well coached teams that know how to play and the officials completely changed the game. Stone has to play zone most of the game and has to back off Cookeville's penetration and that kept Cookeville in it IMO. I bet Bray knows he missed a good chance of beating Stone last night.