balance of power switching to 6aaa

90warrior

WOW. Thanks for posting video. I am not a Cleveland guy.

Not even close to a foul.

If you don't want to watch it all, the play starts at about the 7:30 mark on video.

The slip/walk occurred with 1.8 seconds in 4th period & the two free throws broke the tie & gave Stone the win. I will repeat what I posted previously, that a walk call doesn't win the game. My guess is that Stone wins in OT, so that is not my issue. My issue is just finding the facts on the play & the things that have been said about Coach McCowan on here.

Couldn't see if the ref under goal signaled a walk or not, but there was a conference with the one that whistled a foul.

After the game, Cleveland's coach does appear to yell toward the official, but never rolls on the floor or does anything close to inappropriate. If fact, now that I've seen it, he handled it better than 99% of coaches would have under the circumstances. I guess whoever above said that he rolled on the floor and whined was the ''making stuff up" reference. I'm guessing he didn't roll in the floor after the play (with 1.8 seconds left), or they would have called a technical.

Anyhow, it's irrelevant to the big picture because the game is over & congrats to Stone for taking care of business in the Championship game. Thank you again for posting the video, because I really wanted to see if what was described on the radio (by announcers & Coach McCowan) actually happened.

If Coach McCowan rolled around on the floor during another part of the game, then I'll stand corrected, but otherwise, please don't make stuff up about coaches if it didn't happen.

Edited by FootballFan51

If you don't want to watch it all, the play starts at about the 7:30 mark on video.

The slip/walk occurred with 1.8 seconds in 4th period & the two free throws broke the tie & gave Stone the win.

Couldn't see if the ref under goal signaled a walk or not, but there was a conference with the one that whistled a foul.

After the game, Cleveland's coach does appear to yell toward the official, but never rolls on the floor or does anything close to inappropriate. If fact, now that I've seen it, he handled it better than 99% of coaches would have under the circumstances. I guess whoever above said that he rolled on the floor and whined was the ''making stuff up" reference. I'm guessing he didn't roll in the floor after the play (with 1.8 seconds left), or they would have called a technical.

Anyhow, it's irrelevant to the big picture because the game is over & congrats to Stone for taking care of business in the Championship game. Thank you again for posting the video, because I really wanted to see if what was described on the radio (by announcers & Coach McCowan) actually happened.

If Coach McCowan rolled around on the floor during another part of the game, then I'll stand corrected, but otherwise, please don't make stuff up about coaches if it didn't happen.

No dog in this fight, but by looking at that vid I agree that was far from a foul and should've been called a walk. And nowhere did I see the coach acting like a loon. Tough way to lose for Cleveland, but what can ya do....

• Upvote 1

No dog in this fight, but by looking at that vid I agree that was far from a foul and should've been called a walk. And nowhere did I see the coach acting like a loon. Tough way to lose for Cleveland, but what can ya do....

Thanks for an unbiased chime-in SS.

Nothing can be done at this point. That's why McCowan was so distraught in the post game interview.

Really a shame for the Cleveland players. It's one thing to lose, but to have it given to your opponent is tougher to swallow.

As I posted after the first round region games, I think Stone is the best team in the Region, but I feel even worse for CHS kids & coaches after seeing this.

Thanks for an unbiased chime-in SS.

Nothing can be done at this point. That's why McCowan was so distraught in the post game interview.

Really a shame for the Cleveland players. It's one thing to lose, but to have it given to your opponent is tougher to swallow.

As I posted after the first round region games, I think Stone is the best team in the Region, but I feel even worse for CHS kids & coaches after seeing this.

Yeah. I would be livid if that happened to Oak Ridge lol Just being honest. The kid clearly fell without being touched. But like you say it is what it is and I don't blame the coach at all for being distraught. And I do agree that Stone is a great team, so I hope I don't make any Stone fans mad with these comments. Just calling it like I see it.

He was prone on the floor during the free throws. Face down, hands over his head, on the floor.

The slip/walk occurred with 1.8 seconds in 4th period & the two free throws broke the tie & gave Stone the win. I will repeat what I posted previously, that a walk call doesn't win the game. My guess is that Stone wins in OT, so that is not my issue. My issue is just finding the facts on the play & the things that have been said about Coach McCowan on here.