balance of power switching to 6aaa

90warrior

You mean the same Cookeville that lost to single A Goodpasture?  You need to get out more.

Goodpasture is not Single A they are a private school that recruits that is taking advantage of the "Ronnie rule" that allows this 2A team to play in Class A for 4 years which is idiotic.  There probably isn't a kid on that team that lives within walking distance of the school.  Most will live in Nashville or other counties.  Madison is a predominantly middle to lower class african american community last time i checked.  So Cookeville losing to GP isn't a bad loss, GP should beat county schools since they are playing with an all-star team in every sport.  

Edited by devilfanatic

No recruitment or scholarship.  Most of the team has been at Goodpasture since kindergarten and elementary school.  Core group of players have been playing together since middle school.  Team was 22-6 last season when they were all juniors.  They have a good group of talented seniors.

Cookeville is very good.  It was a great battle when Goodpasture played at Cookeville a few weeks ago.

Key phrases in your post here "most" and " has been at Goodpasture"  you never said where they were from? Let me give you some key phrases... "most" are not from Madison nor would "most" of them be zoned for this school.  When you play 5 it only takes a couple of good recruits to make a good team great.  Goodpasture has done a great job when it comes to recruiting for their schools teams.  They should be in 2A not 1A and yes they should be a favorite to win the state in boys basketball and baseball.  They have no shot in girls basketball but those two sports should be a lock to win.  

Now i am sure the GP faithful will get on here and say they don't recruit but these boys are not from Madison Tn. They are from everywhere but Madison for the most part.

I haven't heard much about the white vs rhea game but cchs didn't play well according to everyone I spoke with but still pulled out the win at Warren co. It is hard to have anything to talk about when the schedule is so.spread out.

Some time this week Yoder is going to be signing with Bryan college. So he and Mathews to Bryan college and Simmons to Tn Wesleyan. Very happy for these.3 seniors to be.able to continue playing at the next level.

I haven't heard much about the white vs rhea game but cchs didn't play well according to everyone I spoke with but still pulled out the win at Warren co. It is hard to have anything to talk about when the schedule is so.spread out.

Some time this week Yoder is going to be signing with Bryan college. So he and Mathews to Bryan college and Simmons to Tn Wesleyan. Very happy for these.3 seniors to be.able to continue playing at the next level.

Next year there will be 7 Stone Memorial boys playing college basketball. 2 D-2's and the rest NAIA. Don't know of many schools this side of Memphis that can say that. Maybe that's why we have been to state 2 out of 3 years and were a buzzer beater last year from going again.

• Upvote 1

Next year there will be 7 Stone Memorial boys playing college basketball. 2 D-2's and the rest NAIA. Don't know of many schools this side of Memphis that can say that. Maybe that's why we have been to state 2 out of 3 years and were a buzzer beater last year from going again.

There is a reason for it, actually several. You have a group of talented young men who have wanted to play enough to continue to work hard from an early age, a group of parents willing and with the means to get them opportunities outside of School ball to hone their skills, and a couple of HS coaches who have done a great deal to help develop their talents, as well as showcasing them to ensure they get the opportunities that they deserve. It will be a little strange, but I am looking forward to watching them play against each other next year.

There is a reason for it, actually several. You have a group of talented young men who have wanted to play enough to continue to work hard from an early age, a group of parents willing and with the means to get them opportunities outside of School ball to hone their skills, and a couple of HS coaches who have done a great deal to help develop their talents, as well as showcasing them to ensure they get the opportunities that they deserve. It will be a little strange, but I am looking forward to watching them play against each other next year.

That's what builds a "Program" Makes you wonder if the kids coming up have that kind of dedication. As well as their parents.

Good effort by my CHS boys friday night at Stone Mem.   Led the majority of the game after a slow start.  I didn't actually go to this game so listened on radio, so I can't really comment on the foul situation.  

I don't think their will be many teams that have a chance to go to Stone and win outside of White County.  Will be a good district race and hopefully we have some teams to beat the 5aaa teams in the region which will be hosted at CHS! 

Go Cavs

Good effort by my CHS boys friday night at Stone Mem.   Led the majority of the game after a slow start.  I didn't actually go to this game so listened on radio, so I can't really comment on the foul situation.  

I don't think their will be many teams that have a chance to go to Stone and win outside of White County.  Will be a good district race and hopefully we have some teams to beat the 5aaa teams in the region which will be hosted at CHS! 

Go Cavs

I was impressed with the one big kids believe he was # 50. Very smooth, and a very good athlete. Bray has them coached well, very disciplined and they did a good job keeping the pace a little slower than SMHS liked. 

The schedule I have from both SMHS and CCHS has both districts and regions being held at CHS.