2014 District 10-AAA

howdoitknow

Well I heard that Kenwood hammed Whites Creek and that Northeast hammered Overton in the scrimmages in the spring. They won't shine Clarksville's rings just because Shelby is there.

That is correct. I don't know how true it is but i heard CHS scored that TD on Gallitan's Varsity/JV. It definitely wasnt the starters. They might be putting the cart before the horse. Don't shoot the messenger.

Here's my scouting report for the city.

Rossview: By far the most talented team, but they may have some holes on defense and O-line.

Northeast: They should have the best O-line in the district and always have skilled players.

Kenwood: Malcolm Perry is a dynamic player and leader on a good team.

Northwest: They seem to have some good coaches and good players.

West Creek: Don't know

Springfield: Don't know

Clarksville: We will just have to wait and see...

Rossview has the most talented team.

Northeast will be the biggest and most physical up front.

Kenwood will be athletic and has the most talented individual player.

Clarksville will have a good mixture of talent and linemen and could become similar to Rossview in a hurry.

Northwest has a new coaching staff. They will improve with time.

West Creek is very much like Kenwood with athletes (minus Perry). They will be better this year and are my pick to be the team that makes the jump to the next level.

• 4 weeks later...

I second that. They're way off. No way KW beats Independence. Clarksville probably wont beat Goodpasture, Stewart county is much better than they were last year and they clobbered NW last year. So what makes you think a RB will make up that large of a gap? NorthEast/Centennial, NE is a mystery. They lost some key skill guys but the lines are deep. So we shall see, Centennial is a safe bet but not guranteed. WC should beat Todd but their line is suspect returning a lot of skill guys though. Springfield was young last year so they should be better. Great chance of beating Greenbriar this year. Rossview/Hillsborugh. I'm going with RV. HC beats Liberty Tech.

I wasn't to far off. 4-3 as of now and nobody picked Liberty over HC. My Kenwood pick was more of a stretch. I really like M. Perry and want to see home have a good year.  I believe NW won 27-13. Tonight is West Creek.

Edited by Pilgrim

I wasn't to far off. 4-3 as of now and nobody picked Liberty over HC. My Kenwood pick was more of a stretch. I really like M. Perry and want to see home have a good year.  I believe NW won 27-13. Tonight is West Creek.

Yeah you did beter than I did. I was on the fence on CHS/Goodpasture. I didn't realize they were rebuilding. Shelby seems to have those guys headed in the right direction. Congrats on the big W!

Clarksville, West Creek, and Northwest are tons better. Kenwood is about the same as last year. Northeast is a question mark. Rossview and Henry are still loaded. Don't think they are "down" because they lost in week zero.

You're right. I think the teams that lost were beaten by some very good teams.

Tough games for District 10 this week.

Henry County vs Beach

Rossview @ McGavock

Northeast @ Franklin

Kenwood vs Pearl-Cohn

Clarksville vs Ravenwood

Northwest vs Todd County Central

Springfield vs Gallatin

West Creek @ Hopkinsville

I'll go with

Henry County

Rossview

Franklin

Pearl Cohn

Ravenwood

Northwest

Gallatin

Hopkinsville

After talking with some of the other parents in the stands during the second half against McGavock, yesterday and at church this morning, I’m a little surprised that no one has talked on this board about this issue. 

It’s public knowledge that three or four of our players were suspended for doing things that are not in line with being a high character person.  Coach Lambert stated that we are a “disciplined program†but kids getting in trouble for the things that these kids got in trouble for goes deeper than that.  It was stated in the local newspaper that those players would be suspended for two games.  Here are links to our coach discussing the suspensions:

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2014/08/28/rossview-seeks-st-win-season-key-players/14764823/

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2014/08/23/hillsboro-rossview/14479893/

http://clarksvillenow.com/sports/short-handed-hawks-knocked-down-in-opener/

Whether or not that is an adequate punishment is a separate issue altogether, but here is the issue. Those players that were suspended for “two games†were on the sidelines during warm-ups and during the entire first half of the McGavock game.  Our star QB was injured during the first half and it is obvious that being down as many points as we were to McGavock already with those players out and now with our QB hurt that we were going to lose the game, and probably pretty badly. 

My understanding from my son is that the decision was made to play those suspended players in the second half as a result of our QB being hurt.  What is that teaching those kids?  I can tell you that the message it sends to my son is that winning football games is more important than making good decisions and that your actions do not necessarily have consequences if you are a great player who can help your team come back.  Having those kids back definitely helped us almost come back in the game against a very good McGavock team, but at what cost? 

Coach Lambert stated in one article: â€œI believe in discipline. I believe in doing things right and when guys don’t do the right thing their team and themselves have to suffer the consequences.† But he did not stick to his guns and I’m a little nervous about where that could lead down the road.  Our kids were 9-2 a year ago and have a very talented team, but I just hope that we are doing the right things to show that doing the right things off of the field is important as well.

• Upvote 1